Does this give us a advantage or disadvantage for FSU?

FSU is playing a 163 pound true freshman QB who's been there a month. Just win

Advertisement
The devastation of the storm will rally the team and galvanize the community. We wreck FSU in a legendary death match in what proves to be the lynchpin victory in a historic season

Always an advantage when your home town is destroyed by a storm. Duh.

Believe will definitely be a diasvantage. The D needed practice and game to straighten out that first game performance and Malik and Oline needed reps also. Just hope it does not hurt further down schedule also.

Some of you act like you've got it all figured out, like you get how decisions are made, but some of the comments only show how far away from making actual decisions a lot of you are. If it was to UM's advantage to play this game, they'd have done it. Stop mind-****ing everything.

And my other favorite: Let's not act like playing Arkansas State 11 times makes you more prepared to play FSU on the 12th. The two are in monumentally different classes as programs, as athletes, etc.

Any marginal tuning up against Arkansas State would come at the expense of injuries, etc. If Dee Delaney has a better game, but Walton blows a knee, how'd that work out?

And yes, any extra hour Rosier finds in a film room he didn't have before, is to our advantage. More so than mopping up Arkansas State. So there is additional preparedness.

We had more to lose than to gain here, that's why the decision was made. UM did what is in its best interest. Period. So yes, there is some give and take, but it was to UMs advantage to not play the game, as crappy is it may look to those of us not in the program, on the team.

Great post. The stupidity of many of these posters is mind boggling .There are some disadvatanges and some advantages. IMO it doesn't mean that much on either end of the spectrum since FSU has no decent QB. UM should win this game regardless if they are as good as I think they are and are a top 10ish ( but not a top 5 team ) .

Advertisement
Yea, missing 6 days of practice is never an advantage, not sure how you can spin that! That's assuming, things are full go by then. I'm hoping they have secret practice between now and then, and just don't tell anybody, lol. But that's huge missing that amount of time, where reps is more needed than rest.

Another moronic, "feel good" decision by the current snowflake administration ... another sign of the times

Big disadvantage in not playing this week ... huge distractions ... all week, this and next!

What FSU game? Blake will cancel this game too, since there's another hurricane coming up behind Irma.

Advertisement
All our players will be healthy with an extra week to prepare.

If we had played the the AS game we would probably lost practice time. This is a huge game for Miami, can't have distractions. Just win!

Makes no difference ... players are sent home until Monday ... the earliest
But not watching pointless film on arky state
We have two weeks of film study on fsu

Players wanted to play I'm sure so they'll be itching to get back out there

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Disadvantage.

They won't practice. Even if they do squeeze one or two in, some players will miss practice for "personal reasons."

And, the whole team will be distracted with a million other things going on.
+2

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advantage.

At the end of the day our staff gets 2 full weeks to gameplan for them, with the advantage of already having them shown their hand in the Alabama game. We are injury free and in all honesty things could not have played out any better for us.

Advantage.

At the end of the day our staff gets 2 full weeks to gameplan for them, with the advantage of already having them shown their hand in the Alabama game. We are injury free and in all honesty things could not have played out any better for us.

That is true if we practice more than 3 days.

Advantage.

That is true if we practice more than 3 days.

If we don't get more than 3 practice days it will mean the biggest catastrophe in the modern era has just occurred in Florida, which would likely lead to this game getting moved back to October 7th where both teams are scheduled to be off.

We're getting their TRUE FRESHMAN QB in his 2nd career start. If the game is played next weekend as planned....it's not just an ADVANTAGE for us, it's a MAJOR ADVANTAGE.

Advertisement
Disadvantage from the fact that practice will be limited. Hopefully they use Thursday and Friday to get some great practices. The other item is Rosier gets one game under his belt. Noles QB the same thing so this is probably a push.

Disadvantage from the fact that practice will be limited. Hopefully they use Thursday and Friday to get some great practices. The other item is Rosier gets one game under his belt. Noles QB the same thing so this is probably a push.

He's a TRUE FRESHMAN. It ain't nowhere near a "push". Rosier's been around the system 2 years, and exposed to 3 years of competitive college football.

The issue is not playing Ark St. They will be able to fly out with no problems. The issue is getting back home. You run the risk of being stuck in the middle of f'ng Arkansas for several days during the FSU week when game planning is critical.

Is making the trip and playing the tune-up game worth that risk? Tough call but in the end I think they made the right call, IMO.

Plus, reality is that the kids with families in Florida will be distracted. Half their minds will be on their families left back in the storm. I can't be hypocritical and say that I wouldn't have focus issues if I were a college player put in those circumstances. We would beat Arky no matter what, but that's setting them up for a lackluster performance.

Bigger fish to fry. F-ck Ark St and focus 200% on beating FSU.

This fan base, not the program, but the fan base is still stuck in a Golden-esque funk. I swear, every bit of news is only interpreted as negative. It has to be. It can't be anything else. The University could only have made a bad decision. Nothing even-handed to see here.

To the "disadvantage" crowd, one more time-- The outcome of the FSU game will have nothing to do with whether or not we played Arkansas State. G-d help all of you when we start opening seasons against LSU, Alabama, etc. I don't know how we'll do it without having all of these games to warm up.

Advertisement
Back