Does this give us a advantage or disadvantage for FSU?

Mackmiller974

All ACC
With us not playing this game it gives FSU hardly any tape on us this year. We really did nothing but run a basic scheme against BCU. On the other hand by not playing this game we lose an opportunity to give our team more experience and to clean up things we struggled with against last week. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Disadvantage.

They won't practice. Even if they do squeeze one or two in, some players will miss practice for "personal reasons."

And, the whole team will be distracted with a million other things going on.

With us not playing this game it gives FSU hardly any tape on us this year. We really did nothing but run a basic scheme against BCU. On the other hand by not playing this game we lose an opportunity to give our team more experience and to clean up things we struggled with against last week. What do you guys think?

Disadvantage. Major disadvantage.

Some porsters are too stupid for words. How are guys going to "prepare". Classes are cancelled for the whole week, and probably next week too if it hits Florida. But somehow, the magical power of football means that we will charter planes to Oregon and we will find facilities in which to practice. We will move all of our video, all of our coaches, all of the support staff, all of the equipment.

Yep, just put your finger down on the map, and I'm sure we can just snap our fingers to relocate for a week. Or two weeks. Or three weeks. Just for 85 football players, not the other 8,500 students. Yes, because football is the ONLY concern here.

Oh, and there's also the fact that we released all of the players to be with their families. Not sure how many people tried to DRIVE in Dade after Andrew, but I'm SURE that it will be sooooo easy to get the team back together when this is over.

Some porsters are too stupid for words. How are guys going to "prepare". Classes are cancelled for the whole week, and probably next week too if it hits Florida. But somehow, the magical power of football means that we will charter planes to Oregon and we will find facilities in which to practice. We will move all of our video, all of our coaches, all of the support staff, all of the equipment.

Yep, just put your finger down on the map, and I'm sure we can just snap our fingers to relocate for a week. Or two weeks. Or three weeks. Just for 85 football players, not the other 8,500 students. Yes, because football is the ONLY concern here.

Oh, and there's also the fact that we released all of the players to be with their families. Not sure how many people tried to DRIVE in Dade after Andrew, but I'm SURE that it will be sooooo easy to get the team back together when this is over.

We shouldve locked every single player in our equipment closet, and cut them off from all communications from their family.

That way we can still play some good ole football when this is over

Advertisement

We shouldve locked every single player in our equipment closet, and cut them off from all communications from their family.

If only Blake woulda thought of that...

If only Blake woulda thought of that...

If we'd hired Mike Leach he would've

So a progrum like Southern Miss did exactly that (katrina). But we can't.

lulz jesus wept

I don't see why we can't just meet in the middle on friday in my backyard

I got 5 acres, 2 of it is an open field.. let's get it on

Advertisement
All I can tell you is if they lose this game to FSU, the Miami fans are going to be ****ed and they won't show any mercy.

And nobody is going to accept any excuses about a hurricane as to why we lost. This is a CHOICE Miami is making. They're choosing not to play a tune up game, just as they're choosing not to practice. They're choosing to hug their moms and board up their houses instead of focusing on football.

It all comes down to that FSU game. If they win that game, everything will be amazing, and it'll be a great story. If they lose, people will second guess all the decisions and choices Miami is making right now.

Some of you act like you've got it all figured out, like you get how decisions are made, but some of the comments only show how far away from making actual decisions a lot of you are. If it was to UM's advantage to play this game, they'd have done it. Stop mind-******* everything.

And my other favorite: Let's not act like playing Arkansas State 11 times makes you more prepared to play FSU on the 12th. The two are in monumentally different classes as programs, as athletes, etc.

Any marginal tuning up against Arkansas State would come at the expense of injuries, etc. If Dee Delaney has a better game, but Walton blows a knee, how'd that work out?

And yes, any extra hour Rosier finds in a film room he didn't have before, is to our advantage. More so than mopping up Arkansas State. So there is additional preparedness.

We had more to lose than to gain here, that's why the decision was made. UM did what is in its best interest. Period. So yes, there is some give and take, but it was to UMs advantage to not play the game, as crappy is it may look to those of us not in the program, on the team.

Last edited:
All our players will be healthy with an extra week to prepare.

Unfortunately, there will be no extra preparation for FSU. Players won't practice until Tuesday, and that's if this storm doesn't hit us directly. It will be interesting to see what happens.

You can tell which posters live in SFLA and which ones don't. I'm struggling focusing and running my own business, let alone thinking about the games. I'm sure the staff and players are struggling with this as well.

Here is my challenge to the IDIOTS who think we are going to get "more time" to prepare for F$U.

Please post our "revised practice schedule".

UM cancelled classes for this entire week. Players have been released to join their families/homes.

No practice today.

No practice Thursday.

No practice Friday.

No game on Saturday.

No practice Sunday.

Storm hits on Monday.

I'm not sure how many of you lived through Andrew, but I'm pretty sure that Tuesday-Thursday are going to be "same ****e, different day".

MAYBE we get to Tallahassee on Friday and have a walk-through.

Let's pretend all the players can get focused for Saturday. Sure, we didn't "risk injury" against mighty Arkansas State. But I'm also not sure how people expect the team to become perfect after the Bethune-Cookman game. Practice? Repetition? Actual game environment? Yeah, forget about that, who needs it, right?

This F$U game will likely remind us of those abysmal Labor Day Night games from a few years ago, what, with not having enough time to practice or prepare.

Advertisement
Here is my challenge to the IDIOTS who think we are going to get "more time" to prepare for F$U.

UM cancelled classes for this entire week. Players have been released to join their families/homes.

No practice today.

No practice Thursday.

No practice Friday.

No game on Saturday.

No practice Sunday.

Storm hits on Monday.

I'm not sure how many of you lived through Andrew, but I'm pretty sure that Tuesday-Thursday are going to be "same ****e, different day".

Let's pretend all the players can get focused for Saturday. Sure, we didn't "risk injury" against mighty Arkansas State. But I'm also not sure how people expect the team to become perfect after the Bethune-Cookman game. Practice? Repetition? Actual game environment? Yeah, forget about that, who needs it, right?

This F$U game will likely remind us of those abysmal Labor Day Night games from a few years ago, what, with not having enough time to practice or prepare.
Okay well us cancelling the game didn't change anything you just said.

We still wouldn't be practicing right now for Arkansas state. And then we wouldn't be practicing for Florida State

The hurricane is happening they are dealing with it the best they can, cancelling has no effect whatsoever

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
From a strictly football standpoint, a disadvantage. This team needs game reps to gel.

No practice today.

No practice Thursday.

No practice Friday.

No game on Saturday.

No practice Sunday.

Storm hits on Monday.

Okay well us cancelling the game didn't change anything you just said.

We still wouldn't be practicing right now for Arkansas state. And then we wouldn't be practicing for Florida State

The hurricane is happening they are dealing with it the best they can, cancelling has no effect whatsoever

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, CANCELLING the game has no effect whatsoever.

But this MYTH that Miami is flying to Atlanta to spend 2 weeks preparing for FSU is still floating around.

And if we were doing EVERYTHING POSSIBLE, purely from a football standpoint (and, really, who cares about the other students at UM, or the 20 million people who live in Florida), we would have (a) flown to Memphis 15 minutes ago, (b) enjoyed the oh-so-wonderful hospitality in Jonesboro, (c) gone somewhere else like Atlanta, and (d) spent the next 1 or 2 weeks (depending on your view of whether we played ASU or not) practicing for F$U.

And none of that is happening.

Therefore, it is a DISADVANTAGE to cancel the game. Because "cancelling the game" allows us to prepare for F$U for 2 weeks, right?

But KEEPING the game on, and then NOT travelling back to Miami (because, you know, we'd be flying into a storm even on Saturday morning, because the eye of the storm will be between Cuba and Miami, and Irma is over 100 miles wide), instead going somewhere else to practice for a week...MIGHT have been an advantage (or at least not a disadvantage).

So, again, using the original logic, cancelling the game puts us at a disadvantage.

If we get wrecked by FSU because of Irma, we should change our team name.

Advertisement
Back