Does the offense have any weaknesses now?

I am concerned at OC as well. We know the offense at FSU was Jimbo's. We basically hired a recruiter at OC whereas Fisch was an X's and O's type. What type of offense did Coley run at FIU and was it productive?
Got this from their website.
FIU OPP
SCORING 181 469
Points Per Game 15.1 39.1

RUSHING YARDAGE 1429 2438

PASSING YARDAGE 1807 2923

TOTAL OFFENSE 3236 5361

PENALTIES-Yards 73-557 85-681

Doesn't seem too productive. Pretty sure Coley didn't have that much to work with at FIU in 07'.

Advertisement
We have an experienced team. They'll have Spring, Summer, and Fall to incorporate whatever Coley brings. I actually like the fact that teams will have no idea what he'll throw at them. We should be a very good team next year - very good.

RB2
QB2
WR1

Coley could be that WR1 guy. we shall see.
QB and RB, agree, but we don't need a WR1 because we have so much depth there. A #1 isn't needed when the defense has to account for 3-4 good receivers instead of 1 good receiver(#1) and 3 so-so receives. Dorsett, Scott, Waters, and Coley on the field at the same time will be absolutely-positively dangerous for any D.

Forgot Lewis, depending on how he heals up.

I am concerned at OC as well. We know the offense at FSU was Jimbo's. We basically hired a recruiter at OC whereas Fisch was an X's and O's type. What type of offense did Coley run at FIU and was it productive?

Fisch only had one year of OC experience before he got to us.

This offense can put up 40+ points in every game this year.

Depth Chart:

QB: Morris, Olsen, Williams
RB: Johnson, (maybe Collins if he gets it together), Clements, Crawford
FB: Hagens, Edwards
WR: Dorsett, Scott, Hurns, Coley, Lewis, Waters, Lockhart
TE: Sandland, Walford, Dobbard
LT: Bunche, Gabouis
LG: Feliciano, Gall
C: McDermott
RG: Linder, Isodora
RT: Henderson, Flowers

Advertisement
If we get a power runner in Collins we will be complete. If not, we will struggle in short yardage situations.

The offensive plays will not change. That was Golden. The play calling will change. Jury is still out on that one

Advertisement
Back