Does the 2019 class end up top 15 now?

Just give me a 10-11 win season, Coastal championship, ACCCG appearance and NY6 Bowl victory, at a minimum that should be the floor next year.

A NY 6 Bowl victory should not be the floor, winning the game would be a cherry on top of an already successful season. Making it to a NY 6 bowl game as the floor is more realistic imo.

Advertisement
Bold is everything that's wrong with recruiting (no flame) IMO.

Who cares as long as the talent is coming onto our roster?!
Really makes little sense to rank a single class. I learned from following recruiting rankings years ago that we could compensate for a mediocre year by meeting the unmet needs in the next class. It might seem counterintuitive but I looked at our NC run from '87 through '91 and one mediocre year was not fatal. We often compensated the next year.

We had very mediocre recruiting classes in JJ's first two years, '85 and '86. I think in his first class, '85, only about a third turned out to be players. Those who did end up players, however, ranged from solid/reliable to excellent. I think Steve Walsh was one of two QB recruits in the '85 class.

There were a lot of reaches on the '85 and '86 classes.

We won our second NC in '87 largely with Schnelly's remaining recruits and a small number of recruits from JJ's '85/'86 classes.

The bottom line is, I don't think one fair-to-middlin' class kills you.

Our coaches were also effective on filling holes with Juco's. Butch did it with greyshirts.

Now Manny is doing it brilliantly with the portal.

Who cares about the ranking? The question is whether we are landing guys to help us win. I think Bubba Bolden, KJ Osborn, Tate Martell and whichever Dlineman and Corners we close with should be sufficient enough to win the coastal and come into the UF game with a good chance to win
Yes. I think hink we won the Max Emfinger Memorial National Recruiting Trophy once since its inception. And that didn't lead to a NC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back