Does Robert Burns=Gus Edwards?

Advertisement
I'd like to see Burns get some carries too - but unfortunately there just aren't many chances the way our offense has played this year.

Our RB's have averaged 18 carries a game - so it's hard enough to split that little amount between 2 RB's.

Even if DeeJay leaves - barring injury, it's hard to see a path to Burns getting carries if he has to compete against Lingard, Chaney & Cam next year.

There are hundreds of things to question and be upset about this season, I see you have now turned your headlights on and are looking for Robert Burns. The guy had a good junior year film in high school, but has been injured seriously a few times since, including the moment he stepped on campus. Refocus on something else that matters.

Don't know why he isn't playing but check out DeeJay on those blitz pickups.
I'm sure if Burns is a good back AND he can do the grunt work like DeeJay, he'd be in there.
Wrong. When DJ didn't play and it was Cam starting Burns did play... On pass protection. So they obviously felt comfortable with his blocking to send him in the game to give Cam a rest.

Parrot has played in multiple games this year, so while limited, he was on the field.

If Realus has blocking skills, it would make a **** of a lot more sense to have him as an H-Back vs Mallory as a TE/H-back in critical run sets.

wonder if Realus develops...

Advertisement
Parrot has played in multiple games this year, so while limited, he was on the field.

If Realus has blocking skills, it would make a **** of a lot more sense to have him as an H-Back vs Mallory as a TE/H-back in critical run sets.

Agree

Advertisement
We better start playing more than one back per game. When DJ is healthy, Cam only gets like 2-3 touches. When DJ was hurt, cam got the load and Burns got no touches. Enos won't be able to keep selling snake oil to running back recruits. Kids wanna play, not ride the pine for 3-4 years.

I’d like to see Burns get some more burn but our fans crack me up. Most of our games have been very tight. If we was rotating different players in and out on offense all game, the fans would be on the coaches neck the first time any of those backups failed to make a play, miss a block, fumbled etc. “Why wasn’t Deejay or Cam in there”, “WTF are the coaches doing”.

No matter what coaches do, the fans will want them to do the opposite. ****’s wild.
Wow someone who gets it . We have one of the top 5 RB in college in DJ IMO and another top 20 one in Cam . They need to play and DJ mostly . I would honestly like more DJ at wildcat QB too. Burns is a talent and DJ is in the NFL next season Burns will get plenty of run . Also he is faster then Gus Edwards.

Wow someone who gets it . We have one of the top 5 RB in college in DJ IMO and another top 20 one in Cam . They need to play and DJ mostly . I would honestly like more DJ at wildcat QB too. Burns is a talent and DJ is in the NFL next season Burns will get plenty of run . Also he is faster then Gus Edwards.

Wait, you thing DeeJay Dallas is a TOP 5 College running back in the entire country?

Advertisement

DJ is a good player, but is not remotely close to top 5 in CFB. Stop it.

I would like to see him used as a FB on a few runs (FB Dives and HB Leads) and some PA Passes and screen plays to him and opposite of him. I think he could be a utility player and a mismatch for defenses when he's paired with DJ or Cam.

jmo

Advertisement
How many teams does the 3rd running back get over a handful of touches. He is behind 2 good backs. It is what it is. If Cam was behind him someone would be *****ing because Cam did not get in more.

Advertisement
Back