Does Robert Burns=Gus Edwards?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s not better than Deejay..he’s not better then cam..why do I know that? Because this year is the first since he’s been a cane were he as actually been available...best ability is availability..it’s a crowded backfield as it should be at the U

Don't know why he isn't playing but check out DeeJay on those blitz pickups.
I'm sure if Burns is a good back AND he can do the grunt work like DeeJay, he'd be in there.

They've played him when DJ was injured but only on passing plays where he did some good blocking. Think he only took 1 handoff

Advertisement
I’d like to see Burns get some more burn but our fans crack me up. Most of our games have been very tight. If we was rotating different players in and out on offense all game, the fans would be on the coaches neck the first time any of those backups failed to make a play, miss a block, fumbled etc. “Why wasn’t Deejay or Cam in there”, “WTF are the coaches doing”.

No matter what coaches do, the fans will want them to do the opposite. ****’s wild.

Well this season is already over with so dude might as well get some reps. DJ is going to the league after this season.

Advertisement
Seems pretty similar too me, by all accounts he's a bruising back with above average speed. I cant fathom why they don't give him at least 3-4 carries a game especially on 1st down. Just seems like we specialize at misusing or not using talent over the years.
Instead of running Jarren on 4th and one (that has not worked twice) maybe try Burns.

Well this season is already over with so dude might as well get some reps. DJ is going to the league after this season.
DJ isn't going anywhere with all that talent at rb
Plus DJ is injury prone. He was hurt twice now, but
The way he runs through tackles is understandable
He's a bruiser..right now I say 3rd 4th round.

Advertisement
I also wonder if Realus will ever get any real burn here as well. Big FBs extinct now in Enos system?

Parrot has played in multiple games this year, so while limited, he was on the field.

If Realus has blocking skills, it would make a **** of a lot more sense to have him as an H-Back vs Mallory as a TE/H-back in critical run sets.

DeeJay has been pretty bad all year in the blocking department.
He was great on Saturday, yes, but the entire year he's been pretty bad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back