Coaching Does Prime Stay HBCU Or Does He Go D1P5?

I suspect fsu will copy little brother and hire a coach from the Saban coaching tree. One can't forget they were last good when they had Fisher and J.Pruitt on their sidelines and I'm sure they haven't as well. Maybe go after Mel Tucker and go from there.

Advertisement
Prime always cared about the bag. He bolts if and when his resume is acceptable for a power 5.

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

G5 - USF, North Texas & Memphis

P5 - Louisville, GTech, AZ ST, UNC & FSU

Also the way some of yall hate on Prime just screams of insecurity lol

Yall hate to admit that he’s a good coach & whether yall like it or not, he’s going to get a P5 job before his career is over.

Advertisement
Keep an eye on GT after Collins gets the boot.
GT would be a great fit for Deion. He would fail at Free Shoes. They would give him the resources he needs and at least at GT and in Atlanta (where he started his pro career) he will get the love and support and adequate resources he needs.

Last edited:
He was about as good as there will ever be at his position. He’s a good coach and excellent recruiter. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it a million times. FSU will always get some talent, just like Miami. I PRAY he’s their next coach. There’s a HUGE difference between a coach and program builder on an elite level. He’s not even close to being that guy. Please please please hire that man to a giant Willie type deal. We can only pray and wait.

best fit would be GT. if Satterfield fails Louisville would go after Brohm first and then Prime. people say his relationship with Under Armour would make him likely to go to one of their schools but idk. Houston could work. highly doubt he goes to FSU though. one of the reasons they pushed Taggart out so early was because he wasn’t “buttoned up” enough behind the scenes. Prime wouldn’t be a culture fit either.
..........The second Prime would shake his head no, in response to a question, and splatter Geri-Curl juice all over the Mic....those White Trash Rednecks in Tallahassee would collectively loose their F-ing minds....

Yall hate to admit that he’s a good coach & whether yall like it or not, he’s going to get a P5 job before his career is over.

I don’t hate Prime but I haven’t seen any evidence he’s a good coach yet. Great player? Absolutely!

I do agree he will get a P5 job soon.

Advertisement
Mario's resume is 6 years ahead of Deon's. Let Deon go study under Saban for 2-3 years, then run a top P5 program successfully. Then, yeah, I could see the FSU community rally around him.
Don’t underestimate the hubris of FSU and their boosters.

Unless there is a significant change, don't you think Sanders is a terrible cultural fit at GT?

I know he was linked to TCU at one point...also a terrible fit.

Depends on what GT wants to be. If they want to be a Stanford or NW then yeah, Sanders isn’t that guy and they’ll 100% continue to live below mediocrity.

If they want to try and become relevant, Sanders would:

- Energize the fanbase
- Energize Atlanta which has become a top recruiting area
- Elevate NIL
- Bring in high level recruits/portal guys (how many? TBD but he’d pull some rabbits out of his hat just like JSU)

For Sanders, GT wouldn’t have high expectations to start so he’d have time to build it. He’d also be closer to FSU to terrorize them some more lol

Would all that translate to success? Who knows but if they keep going the typical G5 route they’ll have the same results.

Advertisement
Mario's resume is 6 years ahead of Deon's. Let Deon go study under Saban for 2-3 years, then run a top P5 program successfully. Then, yeah, I could see the FSU community rally around him.
FUQ SABAN and CIS slurpers

Hopefully it's not hate, just not enough evidence or track record to say he's a good or bad coach. Don't believe anyone can say right now. Clearly connects with kids/parents and can recruit. If stays in the profession and wants a P5 gig, he'll definitely get one. Potential to be a big-time head coach.

Memphis would be the perfect spot for him. So on brand for their program. He would kill it there.

Advertisement
Prime has made an effort to bring attention back to the HBCU’s… he’s gone on records saying he wants maximum exposure on tv and from the scouts during the scouting and combine.

He doesn’t have the resume either. He’s popular in name alone not because of what he’s accomplished coaching…

If he leaves next season all that good he’s done for the HBCU will go away unfortunately and that’s just the truth. I get the allure of going back to your alma mater but I don’t think he’s very happy with FSU brass after something’s were supposedly said and alleged to have been said after the Travis Hunter episode.

Also supposedly boosters wouldn’t want him as HC either…

We’ll see what happens though. Either way they’re gonna have to pay big if they want him
If we're being honest, isn't it a good thing for CFB as a whole if the focus gets off of the top 10 teams and spreads to the entirety of the sport?

If we're being honest, isn't it a good thing for CFB as a whole if the focus gets off of the top 10 teams and spreads to the entirety of the sport?

Absolutely I am someone that loves college football and I will watch any game on television. I love watching these small schools I’ve never heard of and I end up sitting there googling about them, where they’re from, what alumni came from there etc… he is definitely bringing attention back to the HBCU schools.

I find it hilarious that people actually believe Prime is championing the HBCUs because he is a true believer. Prime is, and always has been, completely about Prime. Right now his best look is to appear as such champion, that's why he's doing it. He's a narcissist, not a crusader.

Jesus, remember when was doing pro bass fishing commentary? Anything to get attention.

I think it'd be a mistake for Sanders (and any coach for that matter) to try to make the jump from an HBCU to FSU. There are some coaches that have succeeded making a jump from a small school to a bigger one with bigger expectations, but the majority likely fail. That said, it would be cool for FSU and would likely bring a lot of attention but, if I was an FSU fan, I'd be leery of whether Sanders has the experience and made enough mistakes to run a program that is likely infinitely larger than what he's currently dealing with. And btw, it's not like Norvell is loading up the roster with talent. Whoever takes that gig has some work on their hands.

Advertisement
Back