Coaching Does Prime Stay HBCU Or Does He Go D1P5?

Advertisement
he will be moving to HWCU soon, probably FSU. the fans and boosters will be calling for novels head if they are below .500 this year

Advertisement
I used to think it was inevitable that he'd be the guy at FSU after Norvell. But I'm not sure he'd give a P5 level position the commitment necessary to coach on that level. He's probably better off where he is. He can continue to treat it like a 9-5 while bringing a lot of positive attention to a HBCU.

Advertisement
He'd be insane to go to FSU right now. He wouldn't be able to get the resources needed to turn it around.
Agreed. He would have to get some Mario type of assurances (financially for staff and infrastructure) and time, to turn that thing around. Without those promises, the Criminole horde would be clamoring for his head before the conclusion of year 2.

Mario's resume is 6 years ahead of Deon's. Let Deon go study under Saban for 2-3 years, then run a top P5 program successfully. Then, yeah, I could see the FSU community rally around him.
I agree there are levels to everything and success in the SWAC isn’t comparable. However, Deion Sanders individual brand recognition and following is on a different planet than Mario. Deion has 2.5M followers. Mario has just over 100k.

Deion is nowhere near the coach but he doesn’t have to be to galvanize a fan base and mega boosters.

Advertisement
Is Prime destined to stay at HBCU?

Is Prime destined to move on to D1P5?

Does HCBU(s) join D1P5?
I am not sure how realistic this is, but if the best HBCU annually was in top 25, wouldn't he be better off staying at the HBCU and being a final four once a decade? The landscape could change over the years as well.

Advertisement
He should stay until the perfect job opens up. TCU would’ve been perfect for him. FSU or GT wouldn’t be a good fit for him.

Prime has made an effort to bring attention back to the HBCU’s… he’s gone on records saying he wants maximum exposure on tv and from the scouts during the scouting and combine.

He doesn’t have the resume either. He’s popular in name alone not because of what he’s accomplished coaching…

If he leaves next season all that good he’s done for the HBCU will go away unfortunately and that’s just the truth. I get the allure of going back to your alma mater but I don’t think he’s very happy with FSU brass after something’s were supposedly said and alleged to have been said after the Travis Hunter episode.

Also supposedly boosters wouldn’t want him as HC either…

We’ll see what happens though. Either way they’re gonna have to pay big if they want him

I don’t think he’s going to bolt for a P5 gig.

He hasn’t nothing left to prove in the world of football.

And has said it’s his mission to help elevate HBCUs.

I think he stays.

best fit would be GT. if Satterfield fails Louisville would go after Brohm first and then Prime. people say his relationship with Under Armour would make him likely to go to one of their schools but idk. Houston could work. highly doubt he goes to FSU though. one of the reasons they pushed Taggart out so early was because he wasn’t “buttoned up” enough behind the scenes. Prime wouldn’t be a culture fit either.

Advertisement
Back