Does MTSU have more talent than us?

I had a Virginia Tech fan tell me once... "Miami has talented players, but as soon as they get kicked, they go down and stay down. They just roll over and have no fight in them."

That was almost 10 years ago, and it's as true today as it was back then.

It's a South Florida problem. Too much sunshine and beaches. Back when we won in the 80's, Miami was a tougher place all around, and the kids who came from Miami were tougher as a result. Today, they're soft and as soon as there's any adversity they lay down. It was over after TVD threw the first pick. These players have zero heart and zero character.
Said it for years. That’s why Urban and Saban only grab a couple south Florida players. The culture is soft and entitled.

I remember at the canes signing during the Al Golden era, Tyriq McCord was only kid on the team that looked like an edgy guy. Every other dude was a softy.

We’ve gotten so far away from recruiting those dudes that have an edge. We’ve got a team full of softness

Advertisement
Whipped us with effort and outstanding game prep..they clearly watched film
Exactly. They had a good gameplan and executed it well. Even when they were up by 14 points, they continued to stick to their gameplan and exploit our weakness in the secondary. They didn't play scared and just try to run when they had the lead. We were outcoached in every facet of the game. It was like their defense knew what our offense was going to run. We struggled to get yards. ****, we had to convert several 4th down and short just to keep drives alive. On the other hand, our offense just lined up and ran basic run and pass plays trying to out athlete them. Unfortunately, we couldn't just push them around like Bethune Cookman.

Very lazy gameplan by our coaching staff. I think they thought we could just show up and dominate. If there were some adjustments on defense and offense, it was not noticeable. We paid millions for this coaching staff and they cant even find one mismatch to exploit? Ridiculous.

Advertisement
They wanted this game. Our guys didn’t give a ****.

End of story.

Well I know their WRs are faster than Miami. They are also faster than Miami DBs

Who would have thought MTS has more athletic kids than Miami

Advertisement
Back