Does Miami win a NC this decade?

PuertoRiCane

Junior
After winning NCs in 3 consecutive decades (1980's, 1990's, 2000's), will Miami win another in the 2010's? Clock is ticking.

Advertisement
I hope so. There's so much talent in south fl that I like our chances, but a lot will depend on what the NCAA does.

2014 or 2015, mark it down

will ferrel yup.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we can sneak in 1 more top 10 recruiting class before the sanctions I think we can stay competitive. But winning a NC with depleted roster numbers is near impossible. I think USC may find that out. Or we have to have a year where the SEC eat eachother & we sneak in. I like our chances vs the Big 12, PAC 12, or Big Ten.

NCAA has to bring down Saban, that's the only way. We are weeding out good players and his players will basically run through a wall for him.

Advertisement
Pick any decade and I'll say no.

Pure numbers game. In any given decade we're probably going to average 35/1 odds against winning a title every year. That might be kind. It's in the 50/1 to 75/1 range now, mostly on lingering name recognition. Rightfully it should be higher. Monster programs like Texas and Ohio State go decades without a title.

Losing the Orange Bowl was a massive setback. I was saying that when the Dolphins bolted in '87 and if anything I understated it. It's hilarious how many fans believe the home venue has no impact. We're playing in a home-neutral site dozens of miles from campus. Imagine the content laughter from the opposing team when they bus to the venue and it's in the middle of no where, other than a RaceTrac gas station. Granted, it's fairly impressive for a RaceTrac, although hardly the equivalent of a Flying J Plaza, my cross country choice.

I'm hoping to see one more championship in my lifetime. Fans who remember the '70s or earlier grasp how surreal our great run was, and that it's anything but a given to remotely approximate it, even in a blip.

Advertisement

Pure numbers game. In any given decade we're probably going to average 35/1 odds against winning a title every year. That might be kind. It's in the 50/1 to 75/1 range now, mostly on lingering name recognition. Rightfully it should be higher. Monster programs like Texas and Ohio State go decades without a title.

Losing the Orange Bowl was a massive setback. I was saying that when the Dolphins bolted in '87 and if anything I understated it. It's hilarious how many fans believe the home venue has no impact. We're playing in a home-neutral site dozens of miles from campus. Imagine the content laughter from the opposing team when they bus to the venue and it's in the middle of no where, other than a RaceTrac gas station. Granted, it's fairly impressive for a RaceTrac, although hardly the equivalent of a Flying J Plaza, my cross country choice.

I'm hoping to see one more championship in my lifetime. Fans who remember the '70s or earlier grasp how surreal our great run was, and that it's anything but a given to remotely approximate it, even in a blip.

great post.

Losing the OB was to me, at the time and still now, akin to a nuclear bomb hitting the program. The fact that so many thought it was a good idea to move to slum life boggles the mind.

Please post more often.

Advertisement
Back