Does KW know Randy Shannon is the new Arkansas DC at $900k?

bomb

Band
Banned
That's the rumor, anyway. Don't hold me too it. More than most D1 HC's if true. Impressive landing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
lol. Dude got demoted to a DC position and all the moron Shannon slurpers over on Grassy are bragging about it.

This epitomizes just how sad these fellas are, just how pathetic the culture is at our program, when demotions are used as "bragging" rights.

I am happy for Shannon, former UM championship player, and asst. coach, and son of Miami.

He's a good DC and that's a really good SEC job.

I am also very happy he isn't our head coach anymore.

I don't know what the rest of your post was about. I haven't been to Grassy in a week or more.

I am happy for Shannon, former UM championship player, and asst. coach, and son of Miami.

He's a good DC and that's a really good SEC job.

I am also very happy he isn't our head coach anymore.

I don't know what the rest of your post was about. I haven't been to Grassy in a week or more.

Just venting - i just read a post over there from a Shannon loving agenda pusher "trueskool" where he actually unbelievably was BRAGGING about the demotion.

Advertisement
I remember seeing an interview with Olive Garden before our game @ Louisville (2004?). Petrino spoke very highly of Randy as a DC. This moves makes sense, given Olive Garden's opinion of Randy.

Good for him - I think DC is where Randy needs to be. I think he can continue to grow as a DC. I never thought Randy had the natural skillset necessary to be a head ball coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember seeing an interview with Olive Garden before our game @ Louisville (2004?). Petrino spoke very highly of Randy as a DC. This moves makes sense, given Olive Garden's opinion of Randy.

Good for him - I think DC is where Randy needs to be. I think he can continue to grow as a DC. I never thought Randy had the natural skillset necessary to be a head ball coach.

SF,

Don't mean to rain on your post bro but when Petrino was asked about Shannon the DC of the UM football team before playing us that season he said what? Good things? Raved about him?

Ummm what was he supposed to say? Was he supposed to bad mouth Shannon and hype up UM's team even more before playing us?

I personally don't like the hire. I think Randy was and is too stubborn for his own good. I think he benefitted greatly from having a Jr. NFL roster to help his lame designed defenses.

Could this end up working out. Sure why not. Depends on if Randy can/will change with the times. So far he is a one trick pony and his defenses haven't proven much. His defenses have always given up big yards to any mobile QB fast or slow, TE in the flat and as Petrino showed (crossing routes up the ***).

Wish him well, good luck and I'm also happy your no longer our head football coach.

wish him nothing but the best.. maybe petrino can bring in some nasty defenders for him to work with.

Agree that it's surprising that Petrino of all guys is hiring him. Maybe Petrino wants to give his offense more confidence during practice?

Advertisement
Honest question: Does that mean we are off the hook for the remainder of his buyout? OR do we still owe him that regardless?

Honest question: Does that mean we are off the hook for the remainder of his buyout? OR do we still owe him that regardless?

IF we still owe anything, it is probably the difference of the payout and the new salary.

Advertisement
Terrible hire for them IMO. They should've been able to attract a better DC than RS. The only hope they have is that their offense can score 50 pts a game.

Advertisement
Back