Does KW know Randy Shannon is the new Arkansas DC at $900k?

He was a good DC... We forget about his defenses in from 03-06... I didnt see an NFL squad on that 05 team that beat Vtech at home... There were a lot of starters that many of us could not remember... He's a good DC and was an average first time coach... It isnt a demotion... This is the game coaches get hired and fired and hired again... I'm happy for him and Canes fans should be too... He didnt blame anyone for his failures yet our "fans" want him to fail... But I guess thats the theme of UM football fans... Everyone are studs but we are scrubs...

Advertisement
DAYUM!

With that loot, he can upgrade from Snake to Angry Birds!

Advertisement
I remember seeing an interview with Olive Garden before our game @ Louisville (2004?). Petrino spoke very highly of Randy as a DC. This moves makes sense, given Olive Garden's opinion of Randy.

Good for him - I think DC is where Randy needs to be. I think he can continue to grow as a DC. I never thought Randy had the natural skillset necessary to be a head ball coach.

SF,

Don't mean to rain on your post bro but when Petrino was asked about Shannon the DC of the UM football team before playing us that season he said what? Good things? Raved about him?

Ummm what was he supposed to say? Was he supposed to bad mouth Shannon and hype up UM's team even more before playing us?

Wish him well, good luck and I'm also happy your no longer our head football coach.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that Petrino only said nice things about Randy because he was hyping up an opponent? Keep in mind that UM had just beaten Louisville in the OB the year before, there was no need to hype anything up..

Petrino was the hottest coaching commodity in CFB at that time and was (is) considered an innovative offensive mind. His comments about Randy were sincere. I remember him saying that Randy is one of the most detail oriented DC's he's coached against.

Proofs in the puddin as Petrino just hired Randy today. Obviously it wasnt hype.

Advertisement
I remember seeing an interview with Olive Garden before our game @ Louisville (2004?). Petrino spoke very highly of Randy as a DC. This moves makes sense, given Olive Garden's opinion of Randy.

Good for him - I think DC is where Randy needs to be. I think he can continue to grow as a DC. I never thought Randy had the natural skillset necessary to be a head ball coach.

SF,

Don't mean to rain on your post bro but when Petrino was asked about Shannon the DC of the UM football team before playing us that season he said what? Good things? Raved about him?

Ummm what was he supposed to say? Was he supposed to bad mouth Shannon and hype up UM's team even more before playing us?

Wish him well, good luck and I'm also happy your no longer our head football coach.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that Petrino only said nice things about Randy because he was hyping up an opponent? Keep in mind that UM had just beaten Louisville in the OB the year before, there was no need to hype anything up..

Petrino was the hottest coaching commodity in CFB at that time and was (is) considered an innovative offensive mind. His comments about Randy were sincere. I remember him saying that Randy is one of the most detail oriented DC's he's coached against.

Proofs in the puddin as Petrino just hired Randy today. Obviously it wasnt hype.

My point is Petrino is not gonna bad mouth a coach that his team would be facing that would "hype up" the other team would it not?

Proof is in the pudding eh? Done deal? I guess every coach that get's hired goes on to have a great career right? Why do any coaches in the history of sports ever get fired then? Hmmmm. We'll see.

Advertisement
Arkansas has hired Paul Haynes from Ohio State as their new defensive coordinator. This thread is now moot.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back