Does Kirby?

DTP

Commander of The Great Heathen Army
Premium
So, does Kirby Smart finally throw in the towel on the old “ball control and defense” philosophy after his generationally phenomenal defense got roasted by a team that can throw the ball?

I’m not saying defense doesn’t matter so don’t try to make that argument. It very much matters. It’s just that when two evenly matched teams at the top of the heap match up, the team with the better quarterback/offense seems to win a majority of the times. Eventually you’re going to play someone that you can’t completely overwhelm on defense and you’re going to have to rely on your offense to score in bunches.

Advertisement
So, does Kirby Smart finally throw in the towel on the old “ball control and defense” philosophy after his generationally phenomenal defense got roasted by a team that can throw the ball?

I’m not saying defense doesn’t matter so don’t try to make that argument. It very much matters. It’s just that when two evenly matched teams at the top of the heap match up, the team with the better quarterback/offense seems to win a majority of the times. Eventually you’re going to play someone that you can’t completely overwhelm on defense and you’re going to have to rely on your offense to score in bunches.
I believe the two interceptions cost UGA the contest in a game where the winner need 4 quarters of perfect football to beat the other.

His postgame comments said it was a wakeup call, we will see how he reacts.. They have QBs that they have recruited on bench.. But I guess his defensive nature doesnt allow him to play the better players and he goes with the safe guy.. Did it Justin Fields and now rocking with a game manager at best qb walk on over Jt Daniels and co..

Still the goal of championship is in front of them, wonder if bama torches them twice

Advertisement
Bama also ran for over 100 yards.

I mean a walk on qb who weighs 100 lbs soaking wet doesn't help either.
40 yards rushing were from the quarterback. They had 44 pass attempts and 26 rushing attempts. It’s clearly the Heisman level quarterback play that won Alabama that game.

The team that has finished first or second in recruiting rankings the last 5 years shouldn’t have to rely on walk-on quarterbacks. That’s 100% on Kirby.

Advertisement

Pretty amazing that he hasn't adjusted for this already. I get why their fans get so irritated with him. They'd have a championship or two if they'd gotten an offense from this century.

His postgame comments said it was a wakeup call, we will see how he reacts.. They have QBs that they have recruited on bench.. But I guess his defensive nature doesnt allow him to play the better players and he goes with the safe guy.. Did it Justin Fields and now rocking with a game manager at best qb walk on over Jt Daniels and co..

Still the goal of championship is in front of them, wonder if bama torches them twice
This is my problem with Kirby and why I don’t consider him elite. He’s making the dumbest mistakes over and over. Did it with Fields and he’s doing it again.

Advertisement
40 yards rushing were from the quarterback. They had 44 pass attempts and 26 rushing attempts. It’s clearly the Heisman level quarterback play that won Alabama that game.

The team that has finished first or second in recruiting rankings the last 5 years shouldn’t have to rely on walk-on quarterbacks. That’s 100% on Kirby.
at the end when kirby decided not to go for it bama pounded the rock.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back