Does King stay if this season is cancelled?

Advertisement
Dummies thought it was a New York issue. Instead of following safe precautions for re-opening (i.e., not making it free for all where people were suddenly piled on top of each other in bars and clubs), we just threw caution to the wind. We found out it's not a NY virus or a Chinese virus. Instead, it's a virus that knows no borders and infects people regardless of them thinking they're somehow shielded by geography.

On top of all that, it's America, and we're soft and weak and mentally feeble. We can't do simple things like wearing masks when social distancing is not possible because it messes up our makeup or it's too uncomfortable for our delicate selves. So morons without a stick of legal knowledge think they have suddenly morphed into constitutional scholars and try to turn public safety into a "you're violating my constitutional rights" issue.

They stomp and scream and pout and try to intimidate businesses into letting them in without a mask because they have surmised through their legal studies that they have a constitutional right to infect others. The poor business owners fold because they need the money and don't want any more problems from a group of loudmouth morons who will stop at nothing to destroy their business if the business owner tries to enforce rules to protect the greater good.
Use ☝ at peril if one considers this "legal knowledge".

FFS...and I'm not even a lawyer. Pesky thing though that read'n, writ'n, and rithmatic. I'm kinda good at those.

It isn't that clear cut and there are legitimate arguments to be made (and have been) for* and against. The litmus tests vary state to state (another problem) placing uneven (and sometimes conflicting) burdens on said state as to the who/what/where of enforceability. And let's not even get started on who is on the exceptions listing.

Unfortunately it has barreled down the "vax** or not to vax" avenue. The slippery slopes that of course certain segments say "would never happen don't be ridiculous" and well, those tsk-tsk little outbursts haven't exactly aged well these past few months have they?

What is crystal clear are those with certain respiratory and other co-morbidities (huh oh) have well established Federal law that says they can't be compelled to wear a mask in public. And round and round our society goes . At this point, the national mask fabric is no longer tearing and the grinder is just rending the thread scraps.

*I personally wear one
**I'm pro vaccines and have probably had more for just one continent than most have had in their entire life, next sparky

Last edited:
Use ☝ at peril if one considers this "legal knowledge".

FFS.

It isn't that clear cut and there are legitimate arguments to be made (and have been) for* and against.

Unfortunately it has barreled down the "vax** or not to vax avenue"

What is crystal clear are those with certain respiratory co-morbidities (huh oh) have well established Federal law that says they can't be compelled to wear a mask in public. And round and round our society goes . At this point, the national fabric is no longer tearing and the grinder is just rending the thread scraps.

*I personally wear one
**I'm pro vaccines and have probably had more for just one continent than most have had in their entire life, next sparky
The anti-vaxxers are spread across the political spectrum thanks to a faulty study published in The Lancet claiming the MMR vaccine was causing autism. The mask thing seems to be a lot more partisan.

The only seniors that need to worry about COVID are not on college campuses but in nursing homes and assisted living facilities which accounts for almost 1/2 of COVID fatalities.

The anti-vaxxers are spread across the political spectrum thanks to a faulty study published in The Lancet claiming the MMR vaccine was causing autism. The mask thing seems to be a lot more partisan.
Fair enough...but...would you say that "anti-vax" tends to lean a certain direction? Or at the very least are accused or assumed to lean a certain direction?

I mean Jenny McCarthy*, Jim Carrey, Jessica Biel and others notwithstanding--funny how these leaders of conservative thought are wholly opposed to mandatory vaccinations, but not wearing a mask is just selfish and only for country rubes and conspiracy theorists.

*Cousin of Melissa

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fair enough...but...would you say that "anti-vax" tends to lean a certain direction?

I mean Jenny McCarthy* and others notwithstanding?

*Cousin of Melissa
It's strongest at the extremes of both sides.

It's strongest at the extremes of both sides.

☝excellent article.

Reinforces how people holding very different world views can at rare times be united in their definitions of "don't tread on me".

Hhmmmm...now where have people's characters and motives been viciously and relentlessly attacked for that??? I'll think of it in a minute after my morning mainline of the horse.

And just wait until the first COVID vaccine courses are available, who is going to be first in that line?

Babies? Elderly? the perfectly healthy?

Last edited:
☝excellent article.

Reinforces how people holding very different world views can at rare times be united in their definitions of "don't tread on me".

And just wait until the first COVID vaccine courses are available, who is going to be first in that line?

Babies? Elderly? the perfectly healthy?

Color me somewhat skeptical with the efficacy and relative safety of a vaccine rolled out in such rapid fashion. This has more to do with soothing the national psyche and mood in my opinion. I think treatment options are a better way to go.

Advertisement
Color me somewhat skeptical with the efficacy and relative safety of a vaccine rolled out in such rapid fashion. This has more to do with soothing the national psyche and mood in my opinion. I think treatment options are a better way to go.

Great point☝.

Funny thing happened on our way to the internets and the googling: the torrent of info has lead to greater and greater questioning of once previously unassailable "experts" (e.g. MD/DO/JD types).

It has been both blessing and bane.

Whose baby is first? Whose gram gram goes to the head of the line?

Oh yeah, I want a vaccine!!!!! Just I'll take it about a month or two after YOUR loved one does. You know, I'm busy and all.

I like how people are saying "of course he stays" "he has no resume" "he's not ready for the NFL"...have you been a fan of this team for the last 15 years?!
That's exactly why I'm asking. Our players leave too early all the time.
Personally I think he could go to the NFL, I just don't want him to before he wins us a ship.

They will play this season. Follow the model used by European soccer (EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A). No fans in the stadium. Continue seeing broadcasting revenue.

I like how people are saying "of course he stays" "he has no resume" "he's not ready for the NFL"...have you been a fan of this team for the last 15 years?!
That's exactly why I'm asking. Our players leave too early all the time.
Personally I think he could go to the NFL, I just don't want him to before he wins us a ship.

This is true, but King appears to be smart (and much smarter than our kids that left early).

Advertisement
They will play this season. Follow the model used by European soccer (EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A). No fans in the stadium. Continue seeing broadcasting revenue.
hope they don't have the piped in crowds like they do in the EPL...that's just weird.

He HAS to stay. If he doesn't it's because this is Miami and Miami players make dumb, illogical moves like leaving for the NFL prematurely all the time lol

There is no substitute for the hindsight is 20-20 factor... the medical world has been bit by that nightmare way too many times.
I would like to think that there will be an unprecedented amount of medical professionals who will overlook and scrutinize the results of the different phases in producing the vaccine.

Advertisement
I live in Tuscaloosa and the mayor made a statement last week that the city will lose 2 BILLION dollars if there is no football season. Catastrophic indeed.
Just down the road from you in Greystone (280 corridor). I’ve heard the same about down in Auburn too. Football pays for many of the other sports too, so I’m sure the administrators will be pushing for the season. Even if they do, it’ll be minimal fans in the stands. Curious to see how it plays out.

There is no substitute for the hindsight is 20-20 factor... the medical world has been bit by that nightmare way too many times.
I would like to think that there will be an unprecedented amount of medical professionals who will overlook and scrutinize the results of the different phases in producing the vaccine.

This will take time to make sure to address long term health concerns and determine how the virus evolves like all of them do. Vaccines can only cover a limited range of virus types. Once this thing mutates a vaccine may not even be that effective. Flu vaccines are about 40-60% effective. That is basically a coin flip.

Advertisement
Back