Does King stay if this season is cancelled?

Advertisement
What about the juniors who are first round locks? Miss a year of football or declare and move on to the NFL.

Here’s a scenario:

* season cancelled
* NCAA grants extra year of eligibility to all. Top NFL prospects leave for the draft (Rousseau, Jordan) while everyone else returns
* NCAA allows a one time waiver of the 85 max scholarship rule. Rosters will likely swell to 105 scholarship players As the recruiting class of ‘21 enters college.
* D’Eric King starts at QB for the Canes vs Bama in the ’21 season opener.
* Beat the Tide!

whaddaya think?

I think there is a high likelihood this season will be canceled. I want to be wrong and hope I am wrong but this is just my gut feeling.

I think college football and college basketball are both in trouble

Advertisement
If the season is cancelled, will that mean there will be 2 freshman classes?

No but it does mean in my opinion that we lose the opportunity to see Rousseau and Roche line up together. Jordan leaves. Possibly others. Would be a shame. I'm really excited to see this team play, but its easy to say as I'll be watching from the safety of my living room. Make the decision that is best for the players, whatever that is.

Here’s a scenario:

* season cancelled
* NCAA grants extra year of eligibility to all. Top NFL prospects leave for the draft (Rousseau, Jordan) while everyone else returns
* NCAA allows a one time waiver of the 85 max scholarship rule. Rosters will likely swell to 105 scholarship players As the recruiting class of ‘21 enters college.
* Beat the Tide!

whaddaya think?

Always good to stay positive & dream, so like the thoughts. Also, depending on what happens with the NFL season, wouldn't be a shock to see a draft with fewer rounds. Will be crazy seeing how the college and NFL seasons play out.

Advertisement
Here’s a scenario:

* season cancelled
* Beat the Tide!

whaddaya think?
Hope Roche would follow suit! Roche and J Phillips would give us the pass rush necessary to wreck Bryce Young's first career start, and King would provide the wildcard ability to throw and pass that would help us in a dogfight against a more talented team. It would be the only way we could test the Tide IMO.

Football isn't getting cancelled. They are moving forward with other sports and leagues and this will be no different. The results of cancelling the season would be catastrophic to universities and communities.

I live in Tuscaloosa and the mayor made a statement last week that the city will lose 2 BILLION dollars if there is no football season. Catastrophic indeed.

Advertisement
Guys, it’s all hypothetical talk right now.. Let’s have fun with it. *If* the 2020 season were to be cancelled, what would the NCAA do with players like King? Roche? Imagine if all our players come back for 2021 ON TOP OF our 2021 recruiting class. I’m just curious how it would work, numbers wise, etc. Our team would be stacked though.

I want football badly, but I like like thought of King having a year and a half in this system vs. Bama (as opposed to a first year starter).
When something awful happens (like potentially losing the 2020 season), you never know how it could actually favor your program. And swing the momentum. Remember the hurricane in 2017? If that doesn’t happen, maybe we don’t have that magical 10-0 start. Everything happens for a reason. Anyway, if this season gets cancelled, I want our entire squad back (including King) for that Bama game. Could change our program forever if we win that game with King.

Football isn't getting cancelled. They are moving forward with other sports and leagues and this will be no different. The results of cancelling the season would be catastrophic to universities and communities.
Those are professional sports leagues, with professional athletes that are getting paid. This is a wholly different scenario.

Also, keep this in mind: You don’t find it odd that it is practically July and there still hasn’t been a formal announcements of the start of the CFB season? I’ll be surprised if they have a CFB season this year.

Also, aren’t these student athletes (mostly black males) playing for free? Why would canceling the season be catastrophic to communities and universities?

Advertisement

Man, hope springs eternal... I really can't see it though. Shifting the season to the spring might work though.

I think college athletics in general will be too difficult to play this year. Pro sports are different. Will be interesting to see how NBA does first.

Advertisement
Back