Does King stay if this season is cancelled?

Advertisement
I don’t think it will be canceled. I think it will be payed with no fans. That’s the only way to mitigate the risk of mass spreading. I hate the thought but if our senior class does not get a 6-7th year then it behooves is to have a season and cash in on talent and ****** schedule. It will be a cluster fck either way.

Also, aren’t these student athletes (mostly black males) playing for free? Why would canceling the season be catastrophic to communities and universities?
What a strange statement. It's called loss of revenue, and yes, it would be absolutely devastating economically to both the universities themselves and the surrounding communities. College football fuels some towns in America, literally.

As long as players keep getting infected and recovering without incident, we are playing. Accordingly, OP's question about King does not present an issue that is ripe according to The Legend's Court. Case dismissed.

What went wrong in South Florida with the Covid?? Thought you guys had everything under control. Now, the place is gonna be Exhibit A for cancelling college sports.
Dummies thought it was a New York issue. Instead of following safe precautions for re-opening (i.e., not making it free for all where people were suddenly piled on top of each other in bars and clubs), we just threw caution to the wind. We found out it's not a NY virus or a Chinese virus. Instead, it's a virus that knows no borders and infects people regardless of them thinking they're somehow shielded by geography.

On top of all that, it's America, and we're soft and weak and mentally feeble. We can't do simple things like wearing masks when social distancing is not possible because it messes up our makeup or it's too uncomfortable for our delicate selves. So morons without a stick of legal knowledge think they have suddenly morphed into constitutional scholars and try to turn public safety into a "you're violating my constitutional rights" issue.

They stomp and scream and pout and try to intimidate businesses into letting them in without a mask because they have surmised through their legal studies that they have a constitutional right to infect others. The poor business owners fold because they need the money and don't want any more problems from a group of loudmouth morons who will stop at nothing to destroy their business if the business owner tries to enforce rules to protect the greater good.

Advertisement
I think all the seniors or draft eligible players will leave. Think about the underclassmen, if there is no college season but there is highschool, then there will be too many players. The season will go on. We are racing in nascar, playing soccer all over the world, F1 starting next week, so is the NBA and MLB.

There will be a season, unsure if there are any fans but there will be a season.

Did this season say some racist **** on Twitter four years ago? Fvck a drunk chick and was exposed on Twitter? Why would it be cancelled?

Dummies thought it was a New York issue. Instead of following safe precautions for re-opening (i.e., not making it free for all where people were suddenly piled on top of each other in bars and clubs), we just threw caution to the wind. We found out it's not a NY virus or a Chinese virus. Instead, it's a virus that knows no borders and infects people regardless of them thinking they're somehow shielded by geography.

On top of all that, it's America, and we're soft and weak and mentally feeble. We can't do simple things like wearing masks when social distancing is not possible because it messes up our makeup or it's too uncomfortable for our delicate selves. So morons without a stick of legal knowledge think they have suddenly morphed into constitutional scholars and try to turn public safety into a "you're violating my constitutional rights" issue.

They stomp and scream and pout and try to intimidate businesses into letting them in without a mask because they have surmised through their legal studies that they have a constitutional right to infect others. The poor business owners fold because they need the money and don't want any more problems from a group of loudmouth morons who will stop at nothing to destroy their business if the business owner tries to enforce rules to protect the greater good.
Wow. Refreshing to see some actual intelligence around this place for once.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When do we think if the season was going to be cancelled that it would be announced? I assume the NCAA would make that call? Any thoughts on a timeframe?

Advertisement
Folks keep mentioning a scrimmage season. Why would players risk injury in a season that didn't count?

I don't feel good about the season. What really sucks is even if King comes back we lose our three best NFL players do the draft in Jordan, Rousseau, and Roche. Plus, does that mean Williams (OL) gets a 7th year?

2021 was always going to be a little bit less talented of a team in my eyes because of early NFL departures. But if the season is cancelled we wont have a good season to help with recruiting or finding out if Manny is a corch.

Hey Copernicus, please give me actual examples of what you are saying in paragraph three... along with the stomping and screaming and the pouting and the intimidation.

Advertisement
Back