Does King stay if this season is cancelled?

Advertisement
Football is easier to pull off than basketball IMO. It's outside for one thing and has a huge fanbase. Basketball has more games, all inside.

What went wrong in South Florida with the Covid?? Thought you guys had everything under control. Now, the place is gonna be Exhibit A for cancelling college sports.

Cause it's gonna be and he's the best QB we've had in 15 years
I think he has to stay if he wants to play at the next level. No team in their right mind would draft him after having virtually no film on this kid for the past two years if indeed the season is cancelled, which I'm of the belief that it's a high probability of happening.

Advertisement
I think he would come back. How about this current team with a great recruiting class on top of that?

What went wrong in South Florida with the Covid?? Thought you guys had everything under control. Now, the place is gonna be Exhibit A for cancelling college sports.

Maybe...maybe not.
NY opened up (phase 1) 3 months after they were hit.
They were over 6,500 cases a day for a month, with a high of over 10,000.

Fla just hit 6,500 cases/day a few days ago.
That's getting whacked pretty good, but let's see how the next couple of weeks play out.

Advertisement
This thread is filled with

image.gif

I think the season is going to be backed up to October. Of course, there are cases with the athletes coming back in June. Not shocking. That will subside over the best 4 weeks but a similar thing will happen when the students show up in August. I expect most campuses to go heavy on quarantine and tests at that point. So, I’m doubtful you can have camp at the same time.

However, camp in Sept would be realistic. Reschedule some OOC games around a new conference schedule and go play.

The way things are I wouldnt be surprised if its cancelled, they should just have no crowds period thats it

Advertisement
I think there is a high likelihood this season will be canceled. I want to be wrong and hope I am wrong but this is just my gut feeling.

I think college football and college basketball are both in trouble

And Florida, in particular, along with Arizona and Texas, is the epicenter of the virus right now...

Advertisement
Valid question. A important discussion athletes should have with their mentors should worst case happen. I hope they all come back but it’s naive to think that.

And Florida, in particular, along with Arizona and Texas, is the epicenter of the virus right now...

Florida is a **** show. Infected numbers continue to rise at alarming rates. I think it would be in everyone’s best interest to push the season back to Spring.

Not sure my mind can survive 12 more months without football. The only upside is that we’d have King for the Bama game. Not sure why he would leave if this season is cancelled, considering he could’ve just left after last season if he wanted. He clearly came to Miami to prove himself in one more season against P5 competition. But I could see Rousseau leaving since he’s probably a top 10 pick right now, and maybe Brevin Jordan if he’s getting a 1st/2nd round projection.

Advertisement
Back