Does King stay if this season is cancelled?

Advertisement
Imo he won’t declare because he also sat out the majority of last season too. Would be dumb of him to do so

My thoughts, as well. He’s not going to get drafted w one season as a body of work. He’s going to need some game film. It’s not like he’s standing 6’3 220 launching the ball 75 on a rope. He’s going to need footage; and it would be absolutely foolish on his part to leave if there’s no season.

Advertisement
Weirdness at best college football or any sport.
Everyone will be out of sorts quality of play huge drop off .

But I’ll take what we get 🙌

I think he’d come back just to show that he really is the player he showed himself to be in 2018. The guys that I think would go pro would be the ones who weren’t able to leave last year, but have already proven what they need to prove (read: more than a few Bama guys like Surtain and Waddle).

He’s already used his red shirt.

Advertisement
He’s already used his red shirt.

If there's no season, the NCAA will rule the same way they did for the spring sports, IMO.
In thinking about it, the NCAA not giving the fall sports another season would be another "effin' figures" for us Canes fans.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If they cancel the season, the NCAA will have to grant an extra year of eligibility. Imagine the lawsuits if they didn't.
And if college football is canceled, we can probably kiss High School football goodbye as well. Will those kids be granted another year of Eligibility so they can have a body of work worthy of college scholarships at top level D1 schools? Of course I'm kidding. But what I'm getting at is I wonder if they would extend the scholarship limits to schools beyond the current 85 due to allowing high school graduating players to come in while extending the eligibility of some college players. I don't know, it might not be an issue. 🤔

And if college football is canceled, we can probably kiss High School football goodbye as well. Will those kids be granted another year of Eligibility so they can have a body of work worthy of college scholarships at top level D1 schools? Of course I'm kidding. But what I'm getting at is I wonder if they would extend the scholarship limits to schools beyond the current 85 due to allowing high school graduating players to come in while extending the eligibility of some college players. I don't know, it might not be an issue. 🤔
Temporarily increasing the limits is a possibility.

I know a lot of HS marching bands have canceled their seasons already. Others are not doing the full production.

The NCAA would also need to decide whether to allow teams to expand their allotment of scholarships from 85 to perhaps 100 if the season were cancelled, to allow for players to return. Otherwise a lot of players are suddenly going to have their scholarships revoked.

Advertisement
Back