Does coaching really matter?

Manny says "NO IT DOESN'T..NOT IN THE LEAST!!"

"Manny says.."FIU was tough...Stop trying to blame Me....It all falls on the fans & players...especially the kickers"

Then Manny said..."NOW y'all go do what you do....

manny5.gif

...and let Manny go do what he does"

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bull ****. You think that because he is some coonass from the bayou that he does not know what he is doing. The dude was our DL coach on two national title teams 89 and 91. Was Syracuse's DL coach when they won the conference a couple of times. Was the DL coach when USC won their first national title in 25 years. He comes with a real pedigree. He learned from his failure at Ole Miss. He did a nice job as interim head coach at USC. And hen did a nice job as interim after LSU chased off Miles.

To a certain extent as small as it is it doesn't matter...

My self as example:

After football season I'd practice with basketball team (just practice) for agility, then I was track team I did shot put and disc also for speed practiced with sprinters and mid range training 400 and 440 relay teams , wrestled happen to get beaten constantly by a state champion also trained in weight room never stopped the season never ended for me.

With all this by football spring training I was 6'1" 240 with 4.7 at OL,DL went both ways and all special teams , and during my time our football team won ONE game in (2) years coaching was NOT good but I didn't care I did my job beating up people loved playing over all county and allstate players whipping here pooh poohs getting noticed and offered by the BIG THREE in Florida as So.

I knew I had no control over coaching so I trained like no other and just couldn't be beaten in the PITS remember in the 70's 240 pounds was huge.

I'd be in the huddle MLB would call the D never cared about the play just whipping butt , I'd blow snaught out both nostrils as I put my hand in the dirt and UNLEASH ****.

Never needed to be watched over or enabled.

So reading things like this I SMH cry rooms and tears are for the weak whom I fed on LMAO

Ahhh I remember the year is 2018. Miami is ranked 8th and headed to play LSU in the opener. CIS is littered with experts calling coach O a dead man walking, ridiculing the fact he had 1. Shortened practices; 2. Had corny names for practices; 3. Was having players leave or get kicked off the squad,4. Lost to Troy the year before, and 5. Lost the team so bad they had to have a players only meeting 4 days before the UM game.

LSU was good, but not at this level, until they got Peters. They paid Aranda to get the defense, but their offense was meh until Peters. Burrows is a completely different QB this year in this system. Coaching matters. The recipe seems to be HC for overall direction, but elite programs have to have elite coordinators.

Advertisement
That may be true

But Arranda runs the D
Offensive staff is the ****
Corey Raymond only recruits 1st rounders

Even Manny could t ***** up that model
Yes he could and would. Who hired and/or kept all those guys? Crap coaches have crap staffs. LSU has always had talent. This year our old boy learned how to be a HC, finally. Like Howard said, "all Miami ever needed was a decent coach".

Coach O was smart enough to know he isn’t the best coach. He swallowed his pride and surrounded himself with very good coaches.
You realize that makes him a great coach, don’t you? We have a puzzy lisper who gets constipated over the thought that Zo might know better.

LSU was good, but not at this level, until they got Peters. They paid Aranda to get the defense, but their offense was meh until Peters. Burrows is a completely different QB this year in this system. Coaching matters. The recipe seems to be HC for overall direction, but elite programs have to have elite coordinators.

Who is Peters???

Advertisement
Let’s see what happens when the senior QB isn’t there. Replace atleast 3 olinemen. Starting RB. LSU is loaded with upperclassmen. They lose a ton.
He'll do the samething he did before Burrows got there, that's why you hire a good coach to figure that **** out

Advertisement
You realize that makes him a great coach, don’t you? We have a puzzy lisper who gets constipated over the thought that Zo might know better.

What I meant is Coach O didn’t start off that way. We changed/adapted.All of our last coaches were so egotistical thinking their garbage system will work it failed them miserably.

Coach O saw the light and now he has another ring.

Ahhh I remember the year is 2018. Miami is ranked 8th and headed to play LSU in the opener. CIS is littered with experts calling coach O a dead man walking, ridiculing the fact he had 1. Shortened practices; 2. Had corny names for practices; 3. Was having players leave or get kicked off the squad,4. Lost to Troy the year before, and 5. Lost the team so bad they had to have a players only meeting 4 days before the UM game.
And none of that was wrong. Thing is we were worse. Add in the fact that Orgeron and the entire organization decided to do something about it whereas we languished and made bad decisions. Now their celebrating another championship with their Heisman quarterback and we're right back where we were and where we'll stay until we decide to be serious and refuse to lose.

Advertisement
Coach O was smart enough to know he isn’t the best coach. He swallowed his pride and surrounded himself with very good coaches.

Wait, what?? Identifying and having good coaches on your staff is a major part of being a very good coach. It’s that way in all sports

All great coaches surround themselves around other good coaches. It’s been that way since forever and it’s this way in business too. Smart executives surround themselves around the best talent and leadership teams

Coach O has 4 titles as a coach at 3 different universities: Miami, USC (x2) and LSU.

Plus, Jimmy Johnson and Pete Carroll - HOF coaches in both CFB and Pro football - hired him and he was one of the best coaches on each staff. Y’all think that’s just by accident?

Wait, what?? Identifying and having good coaches on your staff is a major part of being a very good coach. It’s that way in all sports

All great coaches surround themselves around other good coaches. It’s been that way since forever and it’s this way in business too. Smart executives surround themselves around the best talent and leadership teams

That is my point he surrounded himself with great coaches. He failed miserably at Ole Miss but changed and fixed that ****.

Our dumbass leader surrounded himself with bartenders and Walmart greeters

Advertisement
Back