Does coaching really matter?

Advertisement
This is what you call undercover and not so thinly veiled "hatin." Like one poster said he figured it out after failing a few times and got out of his own way. He said so himself. Folks should give him his due. So yeah coaching really does matter. Remember coaches can also mess up a winner as well as enable one. If he did have the talent and all the intangibles he was smart enough not to mess it up.

Advertisement
That may be true

But Arranda runs the D
Offensive staff is the ****
Corey Raymond only recruits 1st rounders

Even Manny could t ***** up that model
LOL @corey raymond only recruits first rounders. I would do everything in my power to bring that dude to Miami. Our secondary roster is abysmal

LSU just won the natty and I bet my house they dont have a ******* clue what their head coach ever tells them
You're some what right but I wouldnt classify it as does "coaching really matter?" Rather, what's more important, innovative play calling or a teams culture set by the HC where the team would run through a wall? If players have no sense of fear of their head coach in terms of discipline which leads to less respect it doesnt matter who is calling the plays. The LSU players may not understand his craw fish accent.....but they **** sure recognize Ed when he goes ballistic and he commands respect from his players like any good coach.

Advertisement
Always surround yourself with people who are smarter and will push you out of your comfort zone. Learn and evolve

That may be true

But Arranda runs the D
Offensive staff is the ****
Corey Raymond only recruits 1st rounders

Even Manny could t ***** up that model
1578997916563.gif

Advertisement
I see no one on CIS understands jokes. Gosh it’s tough out here.
What has always tripped me out is even when acknowledge that is was sarcasm or even a joke the comments don't stop lol. But to your original point we get a great recruiter/motivator with a good staff around him that's all we really need here. LSU just proved that.

This a joke right? You don’t already need the smartest HC, you just need the right leader, that is Coach O for LSU. Plus he’s got A+ coordinators on both sides + freakish roster so.... know how to motivate and it snowballs into LSU 2019 champs, well that and the unreal offense lightning in a bottle that won’t be reproduced.

Advertisement
HC matters for culture and recruiting. They will set the tone for team, what is acceptable and what is not. Their most important job is the staff they put around them. Knowing who is a weak link and firing them for the best regardless of their ego (huge problem in Miami for a long time).

Coordinators and position coaches are what you need for teaching and play calling. No better example of this than LSU, look how their offense changed when they put their ego aside and hired Brady who ran a different offense than LSU is known for. Combine that with how good Aranda and Corey are and you are automatically legit.

Both Clemson and LSU allocate big dollars to elite coordinators who aren’t looking to move on or up. Venables and Aranda are both top 5 if not 1 & 2 DCs in the country and they offer consistency.

How they haven’t taken HC jobs is beyond me.

Man, LSU just tossing that **** up and Chase making plays. We don’t have
1. A qb worth a ****
2. A wr that makes plays

coaches be damned.we don’t have the dudes.

LSU has surrounded Coach O with the best coaches money can buy, the best facilities, and Top 5 talent.

At some point the whole thing becomes somewhat idiot proof.

There just aren’t a lot of programs that can do that.

Advertisement
Back