Votes: 104 26.2%

• Total voters

L A M P

Reformed Mope
Premium
23608.png

Advertisement
No

“good” hire, but I think the name is bigger than the actual hire is. He just turned 59, and I’m willing to bet he doesn’t have the fire he had 20 years ago when he was just getting to OU. Was he an elite coach at one point, yes. He has had a lot of success but that was a while ago. He will put a good staff together though, outside of Briles if that’s true. JMO

They’ll be competent, won’t have many blunders under him though...which will be a breath of fresh air for them but he won’t get them to where Jimbo had them at their peak. Jimbo was an elite recruiter as well and had a staff full of studs on the trail.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm concerned. He's a big name with a history of winning. The guy only had 4 seasons with less than 10 wins at OU. Miami? Has won 10 games 1 time in 16 years.

I think he instantly steps on campus, pulls recruits and makes that program better. I also think he'll put together a well rounded, competent staff. That only mistake he can make is bringing Mike to be the D-Coordinator.....he's not good.

Advertisement
The fact that if the rumors are true Stoops isn’t **** canning the entire staff leads me to believe FSU and Stoops are clueless about the program. That reeks of not having money to pay the staff out, Stoops not having control, or FSU is focusing on trying to bizarrely salvage a recruiting class by canning the head coach but keeping the staff on short term (Stoops cans them after the signing period).

With that said he is a good coach, a good hire, and a definite step up from Taggart. That isn’t debatable. Richt is a solid comparison. The staff will make or break this hire same as Richt.

I just don’t follow the logic of “the only thing wrong with FSU football was Willie Taggart”. That is amazingly optimistic, short-sighted, and just flat out insane.

Advertisement
nope! Richt 2.0

Bingo. It reminds me of Mark Richt but with a championship.

Richt and Bob's best season came from having a loaded roster built by the previous staff.

Bob hasn't been the same since Venable left in 2011.

What scares me is keeping Enos. FSU will probably hire someone who is going to bring in a good OC. We have to keep up.

Last edited:
The fact that if the rumors are true Stoops isn’t **** canning the entire staff leads me to believe FSU and Stoops are clueless about the program. That reeks of not having money to pay the staff out, Stoops not having control, or FSU is focusing on trying to bizarrely salvage a recruiting class by canning the head coach but keeping the staff on short term (Stoops cans them after the signing period).

With that said he is a good coach, a good hire, and a definite step up from Taggart. That isn’t debatable. Richt is a solid comparison. The staff will make or break this hire same as Richt.

I just don’t follow the logic of “the only thing wrong with FSU football was Willie Taggart”. That is amazingly optimistic, short-sighted, and just flat out insane.

If all of this true, this has to be the case. No **** way he's going there to be a puppet for the administration/boosters. If that was the requirement he would just stay retired.

Advertisement
Back