Does anyone have any theories? (on lackluster recruiting)

Advertisement
I knew I was going to get killed when I wrote this, but at the time I was trying to give an honest assessment of how I felt. So, I don’t blame anyone for giving me crap because, truth be told it probably was a bit early to be freaking out but something just felt “off” about this class. I think there’s something going on behind the scenes...maybe it was the 5-7 record, maybe our NIL, I’m not sure.

You still think it's apples to apples? Also I never said I expected to have the top class in May. But there's zero momentum. We need it badly. I don't expect every top recruit that visit to commit.

We all know that recruiting has many components, and strategy is definitely key. We also know that winning is a another major component. That strategy needs to be "tweaked" ASAP.

If Mario succeeds we are all better for it. 🙌🏾 So I'm always going to route for our head coach. But we have to stop this narrative that nothings wrong and "it's just the summer" bs. Something doesn't smell right and I don't like it. Hoping that I'm wrong and your right. All love for my UM family and Go Canes.

It’s still apples to apples. Same strategy. Just because it’s not working out at the moment doesn’t change the statement.

Advertisement
So we landed our highest ranked verbal of the cycle!!! It's ALWAYS been said that we won't OVERPAY - and likely just refused to go there v Nebraska for a wr they liked a lot, but didn't love. I'd like to think from an NIL perspective it's status quo and we'll remain competitive. Lots of smoke, however, to the contrary. Frankly a bit confused🤷.

You still think it's apples to apples? Also I never said I expected to have the top class in May. But there's zero momentum. We need it badly. I don't expect every top recruit that visit to commit.

We all know that recruiting has many components, and strategy is definitely key. We also know that winning is a another major component. That strategy needs to be "tweaked" ASAP.

If Mario succeeds we are all better for it. 🙌🏾 So I'm always going to route for our head coach. But we have to stop this narrative that nothings wrong and "it's just the summer" bs. Something doesn't smell right and I don't like it. Hoping that I'm wrong and your right. All love for my UM family and Go Canes.

Does Lightfoot change anything or do you plan to only move goal posts after we miss on a commit?

Advertisement
Back