Does anyone have any actual video proof of Hodges

AHURT12

Redshirt Freshman
Getting beat on the football field? Not some cell phone video where I cant see the actual player some real legit video. Game film no 7 on 7 b.s real game film from this season. I keep hearing he's slow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We should just sign all Last Chance U guys, and Jason Brown as a QC assistant. They've got that "dog" in em.

How is 7on7 BS? It's harder to cover superior talent in shorts with no pass rush and no scheme to hide in, yet fans here act like those exposures are worthless and all that matters is whether they "lock guys down" against team X that throws 10 times a game with 0 D1 receivers or Team Y that runs the wishbone.

I think its BS because the intangibles on both sides of the ball arent there. To me its like a combine test v the real thing. Who cares how fast you run in underwear or how much you bench press. If you cant run in pads, catch with a helmet on or move someone while blocking, who cares how you look in shorts. It promotes soft play and bad habits imo. Look at the big 12 country where this stuff started and is huge.

Advertisement
I've been going to camps down here for years, and I've found that 1-on-1s are very predictive of man coverage skills in college. You can't see tackling and recognition skills, zone coverage, etc., but you find out which guys are physically and mentally capable of playing man at the next level.

Quincy Wilson is the best example. He was lights out in 1-on-1s at camp but sucked as a senior on the field. His man skills ended up carrying him to the second round of the draft.

just check out whatever Kentron Poiter from Palmetto did to them. Also i know U school beat Western and only have 1 skill guy worth something who is a 9th grader and i think he went deep on him to. But Hodges has been having a solid sr year actually.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back