Does any 1 know how long Duke and Dorsett are out for?

I think Duke needs to play. One, Wake is not horrible, so unless we're up 30, he's not getting pulled, and two, he needs to get some reps.

Advertisement
Duke should be used just like he was used last year and Crawford should be used just like Mike James was used last year. Though Duke is the starter, he should not be the "featured back". All of our RBs (Duke, Crawford, Clements, and Gus) have enough ability to share the load. I don't want Duke to be run into the ground when there's no need to, but I also don't want to see another 30+ carries from any of our backs (even though it did work last week). I think one of the reasons Crawford was so successful last week is because UNC focused solely on Duke's running style and keeping him from getting outside. They never adjusted to Crawford who seems more comfortable running between the tackles, and that lead to holes opening up inside.

The same people calling for us to rest Duke called for us to rest Morris. See how well that worked out. Morris is rusty as all get out because of a lack of playing time against quality opponents.

The same people calling for us to rest Duke called for us to rest Morris. See how well that worked out. Morris is rusty as all get out because of a lack of playing time against quality opponents.

Sav. St and usf were not quality opponents. I don't know you, but you could have thrown on Sav. St. and usf.

Advertisement
Good thing is Dorsett coming back his senior year. He will be even a better receiver than he is this year.

Canes will wear Wake down severely by late 3rd qtr. watch for it. Canes probably be up 10-13 by then and pull away. If not, then something is wrong for sure.

My inside sources are telling me that Duke is out for the rest of the week. He might be cleared to run the ball on saturday after 12:30 pm. He may or may not be cleared to block or catch passes until after 2pm.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back