Does any 1 know how long Duke and Dorsett are out for?

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1641043 said:
Duke is good but if I'm golden I run crawford vs wake and save duke.

I more or less agree. I'd go 10 or so carries for Duke and shut him down...no later than the 3rd quarter. Give Dallas carries throughout the game and let him get the majority of carries once Duke is sitting.

Advertisement
Yeah im with this thought....not a heavy dose but get him 15 touches mixed with runs and outlet catches and then let him rest unless God Forbid we need him.
crossover22[]_[];1641043 said:
Duke is good but if I'm golden I run crawford vs wake and save duke.

I more or less agree. I'd go 10 or so carries for Duke and shut him down...no later than the 3rd quarter. Give Dallas carries throughout the game and let him get the majority of carries once Duke is sitting.

Advertisement
wtf? seriously? coaches and teams don't "save" players in the middle of the season if they are cleared and healthy. where do you guys come up with this stuff? and certainly not against wake forest. we didn't do it against savanna state.
wow at some of the thought processes that goes on here.
he will play, if not start and won't be pulled until we are up by at least 21 points. we will see a lot of duke and a lot of Crawford until the middle of the 3rd quarter, unless we aren't winning by more than 21 points, then, they will play the whole game.

I think some of you are assuming that we are beating WF by 28+ points... Not to be pessimistic but the way we've played lately, we might need Duke the entire game!

I disagree with the save Duke part, but I am all for Dallas getting the start and using Duke as a situational guy. That could be very interesting.

Advertisement
Duke is still the main back. Dallas should get at least 10 carries a game though. We need to pound the rock and Dallas needs to be the RB when we are inside the 5 yard line. He has a nose for the goal line and has a freakish ability to stutter step at full speed to avoid tackles.

We need to be 60% run 40% pass team. Now that we have 2 backs it should happen.

Advertisement
he will play, if not start and won't be pulled until we are up by at least 21 points.

^
This. If he get 10 or so carries (along with Crawford and Clements) and the offense performs as they should against Wake, we'll be up by 21 in the 3rd and this backs up my post of him being out by the 3rd. That's wtf bro. Chill man...we just had a great day yesterday and we're all 'Canes fans here dude.

IMO, Duke needs the reps, same as Morris, you can't start treating Duke like he's fragile.
Unless their hurt they need to play.

I will say this about Dorsett...I expect him to be out at least 8 weeks. I tore my MCL partially in college. I rehabbed at a D1 college facility (for soccer, not football), and I wasn't back and able to make cuts until about 7-8 weeks. At 6 weeks I was able to put a knee brace on and run, but I wasn't even close to full speed and couldn't cut on it.

This is just from my personal experience, but again, these guys are athletic freaks. I don't even try to put myself in the category with these kids physically. So he could definitely recover quicker.

Advertisement
Back