Doc Holliday Out At Marshall

Advertisement
I don't think this is a fair take. If Manny doesn't want to hire an older coach, I don't think it would be because of experience or authority issues. He hired Enos who had prior head coaching experience and came from the best program in the land. You can argue that prior to last season, Enos was more qualified than Manny.

I personally like younger hires because they tend to be more energetic recruiters, tend to adapt to trends better, and may be more creative. I think Manny steers towards that generalization too. But if an older coach who was competent became available, I don't think he would turn that candidate away simply because of a fear that he'd have someone looking over his shoulder.
I didnt say that he would stay away from HC experience. I know Enos had that, as do Justice and Likens. Also, Enos as a coach is still considered youngish. He was 51 when hired?

I'm talking about somebody like Doc Holiday. I dont think Manny will go that route.

Also, I didnt mean for my hunch to be taken as a negative. I think Manny's current search for young coaches with experience as you described is the best way to go. I agree with that.

I wasn't talking negatively at all, just don't think Manny will go for an old coach.

I didnt say that he would stay away from HC experience. I know Enos had that, as do Justice and Likens. Also, Enos as a coach is still considered youngish. He was 51 when hired?

I'm talking about somebody like Doc Holiday. I dont think Manny will go that route.

Also, I didnt mean for my hunch to be taken as a negative. I think Manny's current search for young coaches with experience as you described is the best way to go. I agree with that.

I wasn't talking negatively at all, just don't think Manny will go for an old coach.
Gotcha. I think Holliday would be a great get on the staff in some capacity but this is where the administration's support for the program evidences itself. I'd guess that a bigger program will throw some more $ at him than we otherwise would or could.

Gotcha. I think Holliday would be a great get on the staff in some capacity but this is where the administration's support for the program evidences itself. I'd guess that a bigger program will throw some more $ at him than we otherwise would or could.

I think they’d find the money if manny decided he needs this guy. They’re paying Lashlee, offered Richt more money for an OC, found serious money for Highsmirh. If nothing else BJ seems to have lived up to his commitment to find the resources for whatever a coach needs.

We need better decision making, not more money.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back