Do you want Jimbo to leave?

Do you want Jimbo to leave?

• Yes, he's a good coach and FSU's next hire will be a downgrade.

Votes: 105 67.7%
  • No, he's exposed now and FSU could hire someone better.

Votes: 50 32.3%

• Total voters

Bccrhp

Sophomore
Good or bad outcome for the U? Curious to see the collective wisdom here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fsu or not, jimbo is an elite coach. they won’t do any better than him

They can't find better

The fact they want him back after this season kind of shows that they know they can't find better

Good for Miami

Advertisement
We're not SEC homers who secretly love every other team in the conference. So **** FSU. Seminoles can suck a ****.

Of course! With randy Shannon and al Golden or not he's been kicking our ***. On the field and recruiting with notably dalvin cook and Matthew Thomas.

The guy is in our backyard year after year, and it was a close game this year which shouldn't have been at all given the situation.

He's a proven coach on the big stage and besides who's left to take over fsu? Maybe someone currently coaching but from the surface it may look like a new up n coming coach.

He's done well at FSU, cane fans can't deny that.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
FSU isn't finding someone better so at the very worst we get some turmoil up there and destruction of their recruiting class(es) even if they somehow replace him with someone competent. At the very best they fail multiple times to replace him with someone decent and this is just the beginning of years of mediocrity, misery and irrelevance for them.

Either way, it's a great day to be a Miami Hurricane.

Last edited:
Fsu or not, jimbo is an elite coach. they won’t do any better than him

Elite, no.... Very good at times, yes. When he had Crab Legs (who was an elite clutch qb) he did phenomenal. However, for all the talent that comes through the door, he should do far better. Maybe I'm in the minority here but that's how I see it.

For those that say they can't find better I disagree. Like it or not, FSU is a highly regarded program. I would bet many high level coaches would line up.

On top of that, I believe all those young up and comers would find this as an ideal spot. Scott Frost, Tom Herman (had he not went to Texas), PJ Fleck, Mike Norvell... All those guys I believe would highly consider and probably take the job if offered.

Advertisement
It's not that I think he's this great coach, it's that he's pretty much eaten Miami's lunch since he's been there. On the field and in recruiting. It seems like we've finally flipped the script this year but him leaving coupled with FSU's worst season in a while will lead to some major turmoil in Tallahassee and on the recruiting trail. Any time a rival state school shows weakness, Miami has to pounce.

I want him to stay so he can get these *** whippings that's coming to him.

culmination of an absolutely disastrous season for FSU, one that leaves the whole program in ruin. **** yeah I want him to leave!!

The coaching landscape is pretty bare right now, the first ever early signing day is weeks away, Miami is the talk of college football, and they're talking about replacing Jimbo with a coach whose record in 8 seasons is below .500.

This is a worst case scenario that even the biggest FSU detractors, of which I tend to be one, would never have even dared to predict just 4 months ago. The legs have been taken out of the whole FSU program in just 4 short months.

Advertisement
Why isn't there a third option for "Don't give a flying **** what happens at FSU" ?

Because I'm pretty sure that would be the victor in this poll. It would certainly have my vote

I voted no

I believe Jimbo would have gotten exposed for being a fraud now that Miami and FL are coming back up. Jimbo capitalized off of both Miami and UF being down for so many years.

Jimbo averages 3 losses per year without a QB (Jameis) that made him look smarter than he really was. He is the equivalent of Mack Brown who also looked smart when he recruited Vince Young. Jimbo may not have even won his 1 championship with Jameis if Miami and UF were not down.

I voted no

I believe Jimbo would have gotten exposed for being a fraud now that Miami and FL are coming back up. Jimbo capitalized off of both Miami and UF being down for so many years.

Jimbo averages 3 losses per year without a QB (Jameis) that made him look smarter than he really was. He is the equivalent of Mack Brown who also looked smart when he recruited Vince Young. Jimbo may not have even won his 1 championship with Jameis if Miami and UF were not down.

Mack Brown won at UNC too. I'd give Mack the edge over Jimbo, honestly, at this point.

Advertisement
Back