Do you think with Mario Cristobal in charge.......

Advertisement
it changes how some of these recruits disrespect our university during these signing day announcements??? I know we can't get them all or even get all the ones we want but I was curious with Cristobal now in charge as the head coach of the U, will he at least garner respect from HS recruits so it will change the narrative how we are a joke and recruits won't **** on us anymore and embarrass us on national TV?

I don't buy that these kids are "disrespecting" Miami as much as using the Canes' brand.

Lining up four hats on the table, having that "U" up there pops next to an Alabama, LSU, Georgia or whoever their top schools are.

They're all about who they are picking, so you toss some other big schools up there wanting it to look like a Miss America pageant full of hotties.

What Mario can change is not doing the song and dance with kids that aren't Miami-bound—maybe he shuts down the convos with guys who he feels are stringing Miami along. We'll see.

I don't buy that these kids are "disrespecting" Miami as much as using the Canes' brand.

Lining up four hats on the table, having that "U" up there pops next to an Alabama, LSU, Georgia or whoever their top schools are.

They're all about who they are picking, so you toss some other big schools up there wanting it to look like a Miss America pageant full of hotties.

What Mario can change is not doing the song and dance with kids that aren't Miami-bound—maybe he shuts down the convos with guys who he feels are stringing Miami along. We'll see.
Absolutely. I don’t follow Bama recruiting, but Saban would not be subject to this crap. Of course, then again, he gets who he wants.

A duke Johnson type recruit just threw the hat of the school he had been committed too and seemed to really love since he was a kid. These kids are stupid and I really hope one day they stop pulling this type of bull****.
It's all in how these kids are raised. My kid would not do that. Kids are not born with games and disrespect. They are taught it.

Advertisement
Did kids are young and dumb sometimes. They don't think they are disrespecting a school because its all for show. That's why I didn't get the anger of Wes at FSU when he was all about Miami at the time.

Who cares? Kendall Briles threw the U down at FSU. Now he's an OC candidate.

It's all entertainment in the end. Kind of like wrestling or those boxing pre-fight weigh ins. Just watch and enjoy the show and hope they **** the bed when they play us.

Advertisement
Did kids are young and dumb sometimes. They don't think they are disrespecting a school because its all for show. That's why I didn't get the anger of Wes at FSU when he was all about Miami at the time.
I have to disagree with you on that one the majority of these kids know exactly what they’re doing, the bottom line is they don’t care. Way too many kids are raised with zero respect for anyone. You see it all day every day all over the place.

it changes how some of these recruits disrespect our university during these signing day announcements??? I know we can't get them all or even get all the ones we want but I was curious with Cristobal now in charge as the head coach of the U, will he at least garner respect from HS recruits so it will change the narrative how we are a joke and recruits won't **** on us anymore and embarrass us on national TV?
I don't think so and here's why....

Kids will be kids....Prime example was Georgia based Travis Hunter's disrespect of UGA at his signing day ceremony today. If it can happen to UGA, it can and will happen to us or anyone else for that matter.

He threw a hat off the table. It's not like he punched a baby wearing an FSU onesie or something like that. Relax your old crotchety selves. Besides, had travis thrown an FSU hat and picked up a Miami one, all of you who claim he was being disrespectful would be ecstatic.

Advertisement
You see this kinda behavior and realize kids like Tyson Campbell were men. I will always wish TC the best in his career/life. He was a man handling his recruitment.

Go Canes!

He should have dumped the FSU hat in a garbage bin. Its karma. They had recruits posing with upside down U. Neither one signed with them, and one came here. Best part is, its one of their own. Could never see a cane do the U like that. Even if they took the kid, they would allow him to toss the U aside like that.

Advertisement
I don't think so and here's why....

Kids will be kids....Prime example was Georgia based Travis Hunter's disrespect of UGA at his signing day ceremony today. If it can happen to UGA, it can and will happen to us or anyone else for that matter.
Absolutely agree with this. Thanks for the insight bro that’s spot on and makes the most sense. As embarrassing as that is, kids gonna be kids and do mind boggling and disrespectful immature ****. I know my son is 17 now and it’s been a wild ride to say the least. I know Mario wants to keep them relationships going just in case they hit the portal but I hope he won’t bring in any transfers that dissed our school ala Jayden Hasselwood. I feel like it will undermine the culture and players attitudes that Mario is trying to establish. I do understand that Wesley B dissed us at Trailerhassee by throwing down the U and we still took him. Trust me nobody hates the upside down U more then me and it’s the reason Braxton Honey Nut Berrios Is one of my favorite I players. Not so much for his play on the field although he made some clutch plays and had that great game against FSU his Senior year (had to make up for his dropped pass against FSU going into half time during his Freshman year that would have put the game out of reach) but for him slowly raising the U back up in Chapel Hill after the game where their whole team was throwing it down the whole game while also whooping our asses. Also can’t forget his hands behind his back during the Catholics vs Covicts 2 like he was handcuffed like a convict. Wesley B handled the situation as best as I think anyone could have and it showed strong character which I feel made it ok to take him because he is a culture fit. Anyways sorry for rambling and thank you answering the question with great insight.

Last edited:

Makes sense

I have to disagree with you on that one the majority of these kids know exactly what they’re doing, the bottom line is they don’t care. Way too many kids are raised with zero respect for anyone. You see it all day every day all over the place.
Very true. Travis Hunter showed much disrespect with his clown act. It will come back to bite him in the end. If he's looking for TV coverage he picked the wrong school.

Absolutely. I don’t follow Bama recruiting, but Saban would not be subject to this crap. Of course, then again, he gets who he wants.
I mean everyone gets disrespected.........no idea why this hat things matters to anyone.

Advertisement
Back