Do you like the fact that Golden says this week is an ordinary week?

Advertisement
I understand that he's trying to teach the players how to prepare for games consistently. Consistency has obviously been a major issue for us the last half decade.

But come on coach, IT'S FSU WEEK!!

He doesn't understand miami

Advertisement
A lot of former Golden sympathizers on this board I see. I was never sold on him or Richt.

A lot of former Golden sympathizers on this board I see. I was never sold on him or Richt.
Hate Golden. Have been pretty vocal here about richt too. Not a hate, but almost a resentment for How he handled that offense.

But today I read that article about another starter bolting VT, and that OL leaving FSU, and it kinda dawned on me..... yes, richt had his flaws, but he kept the program on solid ground at a time where shlt could’ve very easily went south. Fast.

So yea, at the end of the day, he could’ve been just what this program needed at the time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hate Golden. Have been pretty vocal here about richt too. Not a hate, but almost a resentment for How he handled that offense.

But today I read that article about another starter bolting VT, and that OL leaving FSU, and it finally dawned on me..... yes, richt had his flaws, but he kept the program on solid ground at a time where shlt could’ve very easily went south. Fast.

So yea, at the end of the day, he could’ve been just what this program needed at the time.

Richt took us a step forward. Golden almost killed this thing. Shannon was just in over his head

But today I read that article about another starter bolting VT, and that OL leaving FSU, and it finally dawned on me..... yes, richt had his flaws, but he kept the program on solid ground at a time where shlt could’ve very easily went south. Fast.

Richt gave us a solid base. It's Manny that kept things from going south in a major way. Manny played the portal almost perfectly, salvaged what he could of the recruiting class that was sinking like a rock, and brought arguably our biggest playmaker back into the program. Now we have to see on field results from all these efforts.

Richt gave us a solid base. It's Manny that kept things from going south in a major way. Manny played the portal almost perfectly, salvaged what he could of the recruiting class that was sinking like a rock, and brought arguably our biggest playmaker back into the program. Now we have to see on field results from all these efforts.
Thats all true.
Richt had one almost Cinderella season, then the bottom dropped out, at which point he bowed out without breaking the bank.

So I’m willing to give him credit for putting the program in the position to be where it is today, which I think is good. I wasn’t willing to do that before thinking in terms of VT and FSU and where they’re at today.

Advertisement

But today I read that article about another starter bolting VT, and that OL leaving FSU, and it kinda dawned on me..... yes, richt had his flaws, but he kept the program on solid ground at a time where shlt could’ve very easily went south. Fast.

Glad he left when he did, there probably would have been transfers if he didn’t retire tbh

If Richt hadn't done the right thing and retired, I would hold him in much lower regard. Since he gracefully cut ties before running the ship totally into the ground I'll remember his short stint here as a net positive.

Advertisement
I'll go as far as saying that Rekt did exactly the right thing.
I will forever respect him as a cane.
He could've tanked us bad for years to come if he stayed in 19.

With young men playing a game that hinges so much on the mental state of the player, this approach is key. There will be enough on the practice field to remind the guys that it's FSU week...I'm sure they'll be blaring that **** music and chant at ear splitting levels. No reason to get the kids all uptight before we even make our way up to Tallahassee.

Golden's area of expertise is in the psyche of the athlete and the mental approach to the game. So I'm behind him 100% in whatever he believes is the right approach.
Yes....like I just said in another thread....be patient.

Al has it all worked out in advance.

If Richt hadn't done the right thing and retired, I would hold him in much lower regard. Since he gracefully cut ties before running the ship totally into the ground I'll remember his short stint here as a net positive.
Richt??

Whoa...you're getting ahead of me here.

We're still on Golden. Waiting to see how the upcoming FSU game plays out. Al has a plan.....just you wait and see.

Yes....like I just said in another thread....be patient.

Al has it all worked out in advance.

Dude....******* brutal bump. Why you doin' this to me mane? I can't believe some of the dumb crap I said years ago in support of that fat blob.

Advertisement
Back