Do you like the fact that Golden says this week is an ordinary week?

T

TheU1991

I understand that he's trying to teach the players how to prepare for games consistently. Consistency has obviously been a major issue for us the last half decade.

But come on coach, IT'S FSU WEEK!!

Advertisement
I think he's trying to hammer home the process. Every game is equally important. If he hypes up this game and they shoot their wad against FSU and treat it like the Super Bowl, then they'll pull a UVA and **** the bed against USF

I think he's trying to hammer home the process. Every game is equally important. If he hypes up this game and they shoot their wad against FSU and treat it like the Super Bowl, then they'll pull a UVA and **** the bed against USF

This.

I like it. It also calms down a bunch of guys who still have their heads in the twitter-like clouds.

What's said publicly, and what goes on behind closed doors are often two different things. From what I understand the staff is jacked for this game.

Advertisement
What's said publicly, and what goes on behind closed doors are often two different things. From what I understand the staff is jacked for this game.

i hope so. **** the whole season if we don't win this weekend.

With young men playing a game that hinges so much on the mental state of the player, this approach is key. There will be enough on the practice field to remind the guys that it's FSU week...I'm sure they'll be blaring that **** music and chant at ear splitting levels. No reason to get the kids all uptight before we even make our way up to Tallahassee.

Golden's area of expertise is in the psyche of the athlete and the mental approach to the game. So I'm behind him 100% in whatever he believes is the right approach.

The entire staff is probably just as pumped as the players for this game. We have seen the coaches on the sideline and how excited they get during the game, and the intensity they coach with.(especially Golden) This team is going to come out ready to run through 5 brick walls, 1.) because it is FSU and 2.) they are going to feed off of the coaches intensity for this game, which is going to be through the roof.

Advertisement
Considering all the stuff they threw out during the Duke game, it's fairly evident they've loaded up for this game.

these young men, especially the florida guys, should not have to be told how big this game is. this is the game miami players look forward to every single year.

Considering all the stuff they threw out during the Duke game, it's fairly evident they've loaded up for this game.

No question. That was a pretty obvious "here's what we're capable of doing offensively, be ready *******" game plan, and I absolutely loved it.

Golden and his staff definitely know what the UM / FSU rivalry is all about. But he's not going to go spouting stuff off and risk getting the kids all worked up and not focusing on the task at hand.

This probably belongs in the "what to expect from our offense" thread, but how much of what we showed last week do you think was smoke and mirrors just to make FSU's coaches waste time preparing for nonsense?

Advertisement
This probably belongs in the "what to expect from our offense" thread, but how much of what we showed last week do you think was smoke and mirrors just to make FSU's coaches waste time preparing for nonsense?

posted the same in the other thread, but-

I have a feeling we'll be running some play action/option pass when Morris is in the game in our option package. FSU will be expecting the run with him in, and I think Fisch is gonna have him bomb the ball a few times since he's got a bit more of an arm than Jacory (like the TB3 dropped td play last weekend).

No question. That was a pretty obvious "here's what we're capable of doing offensively, be ready *******" game plan, and I absolutely loved it.

I agree 100%. Like Lu said, I think they did it just to make them question what to really prepare for. I think the coaches are ready and I think the players are going to be ready. For some reason I am quietly confident that we go up there and get the job done. But as soon as I think that, Virginia pops into my head...

Last edited:

I think it was more nonsense than substance. I really appreciated it. They sprinkled it in so as to still keep the players focused on Duke. But, there was enough in there to at least make the FSU version of a loser like me sit there and chart possibilities based on down and distance. It really wouldn't surprise me if they tossed in Morris for a couple plays, though. The situation would have to be optimal (e.g. winning 10-0, 3 & 2 from the FSU 38) and it'd be a relative knockout attempt.

There's more to be said. If I could get my hands on Youtube uploads of the f'in Virginia and Duke games, I'd have a treat for you guys.

Advertisement
I think it was more nonsense than substance. I really appreciated it. They sprinkled it in so as to still keep the players focused on Duke. But, there was enough in there to at least make the FSU version of a loser like me sit there and chart possibilities based on down and distance. It really wouldn't surprise me if they tossed in Morris for a couple plays, though. The situation would have to be optimal (e.g. winning 10-0, 3 & 2 from the FSU 38) and it'd be a relative knockout attempt.

There's more to be said. If I could get my hands on Youtube uploads of the f'in Virginia and Duke games, I'd have a treat for you guys.

What are you waiting for do it already!!!!

After we **** all over ourselves and stood there like deer in headlights last year, I don't mind comments like this.

Trust the process and the coaching. No need to add anymore fuel to the fire.

posted the same in the other thread, but-

I have a feeling we'll be running some play action/option pass when Morris is in the game in our option package. FSU will be expecting the run with him in, and I think Fisch is gonna have him bomb the ball a few times since he's got a bit more of an arm than Jacory (like the TB3 dropped td play last weekend).

IMO, we're not going to be seeing that qb rotation in this game.

Advertisement
Back