Do you guys remember when

Last year ended with no signs of growth at any point in the season. This year would be ending with plenty of growth and improvement being as clear as day. Do you believe Marshall should be ranked in the top 2 with FSU? They are the only 2 undefeated teams in the nation.

UM last year = 9-4
UM this year (at BEST, and all likelihood worse) 9-4

That's not a big step forward, chief.

UM 9-4 getting worse as the season goes on.

UM 9-4 looked better every week. Played the best 2+ months of football in the last 10 years to end the year and competed with an elite team and was a few plays away from being victorious.

I bolded the important parts for you. 9-4 is not an improvement over 9-4, especially when you can't beat anybody who is actually good.

and LOL @ this being the "best 2+ months of football in the last 10 years." In 2005, we went on an 8 game win streak (that lasted 2 months) and won games at Clemson and destroyed #3 Virginia Tech (Al Golden has never even beaten a team in the top 20). In the last 2 months (from last weekend), we've lost 3 times. Stop lying.

So is Marshall in your top 2? And So instead of it being in the last 10 years, it's the best in the last 9 years. Nice to know.

It took us two months to lose a game last year. What in god's name are you talking about?

I told you to stay on topic. I know what you're trying to say is that your record doesn't mean everything, and that is true to an extent. But Marshall plays in an awful conference, hasn't played a Power five team all year, so no, they aren't in my top two. On the other hand, Miami's 9-4 is virtually the same as last year's 9-4--blowout losses to every good team we play, no divisional title, no important wins. The only difference this year is that we played FSU close--but FSU has played almost every team they've played in the last few weeks close, so that's not indicative of UM doing anything special or different.

If you want to post here, I suggest you stop changing the topic on nearly every single post and learn to think critically. Otherwise, it's like talking to a wall.

Advertisement
UM last year = 9-4
UM this year (at BEST, and all likelihood worse) 9-4

That's not a big step forward, chief.

UM 9-4 looked better every week. Played the best 2+ months of football in the last 10 years to end the year and competed with an elite team and was a few plays away from being victorious.

I bolded the important parts for you. 9-4 is not an improvement over 9-4, especially when you can't beat anybody who is actually good.

and LOL @ this being the "best 2+ months of football in the last 10 years." In 2005, we went on an 8 game win streak (that lasted 2 months) and won games at Clemson and destroyed #3 Virginia Tech (Al Golden has never even beaten a team in the top 20). In the last 2 months (from last weekend), we've lost 3 times. Stop lying.

So is Marshall in your top 2? And So instead of it being in the last 10 years, it's the best in the last 9 years. Nice to know.

It took us two months to lose a game last year. What in god's name are you talking about?

I told you to stay on topic. I know what you're trying to say is that your record doesn't mean everything, and that is true to an extent. But Marshall plays in an awful conference, hasn't played a Power five team all year, so no, they aren't in my top two. On the other hand, Miami's 9-4 is virtually the same as last year's 9-4--blowout losses to every good team we play. The only difference this year is that we played FSU close--but FSU has played almost every team they've played in the last few weeks close, so that's not indicative of UM doing anything special.

The difference between last year and this year is last year's team never look improved from week to week and generally did not look impressive even at 7-0. This year's squad has improved every week and does look impressive right now. Despite the loss, the team has looked better the last 6 weeks on the field with the eye test than they ever did last year or they ever have under Golden or really under Shannon too.

I understand why you say that the records indicate no progress, but it just is not the case. If you really want to tell me last year's team would beat this year's team, I'd laugh. It might beat the team that played UL or Nebraska or even GT. It would not touch the team that has been playing the last 6 weeks.

I told you to stay on topic. I know what you're trying to say is that your record doesn't mean everything, and that is true to an extent. But Marshall plays in an awful conference, hasn't played a Power five team all year, so no, they aren't in my top two. On the other hand, Miami's 9-4 is virtually the same as last year's 9-4--blowout losses to every good team we play. The only difference this year is that we played FSU close--but FSU has played almost every team they've played in the last few weeks close, so that's not indicative of UM doing anything special.

The difference between last year and this year is last year's team never look improved from week to week and generally did not look impressive even at 7-0. This year's squad has improved every week and does look impressive right now. Despite the loss, the team has looked better the last 6 weeks on the field with the eye test than they ever did last year or they ever have under Golden or really under Shannon too.

I understand why you say that the records indicate no progress, but it just is not the case. If you really want to tell me last year's team would beat this year's team, I'd laugh. It might beat the team that played UL or Nebraska or even GT. It would not touch the team that has been playing the last 6 weeks.

UM has a WORSE regular season record than last year. UM has lost every single against teams that will finish the year ranked--3 by blowout, and the only close one was against a team, just like last year. UM, in all likelihood, will have a worse overall record than last year. Bottom line. So even if UM had a good stretch where they blew out a few absolutely terrible teams like UNC and Virginia Tech, it's not worth **** because the real progress comes from winning games against good teams. UM hasn't made any progress there at all. Go away.

Last edited:
150.gif

We thought last year was the year because even though we had a lot of talented inexperience we had Morris who was going to kick *** at QB.

but the sentiments were that THIS season would be a "down" year in the sense that we would only get 8-9 wins because we would have a QB problem after Morris left. At the time Olsen was god so everyone thought he would be the guy and that as a redshirt freshman it would take him some time to adjust and mature as a QB, but we were supposed to be stout defensively and have a strong running game with a strong offensive line. everyone thought this year's team would be a lot stronger than last year's team everywhere except for QB.

Well, Kaaya came in, has been the best QB Miami has had in ******* years, and we still suck big black ****.

basically my point is this: It doesn't matter who the QB is, what players we have at defense, running back or on the lines, as long as Al Golden is here this program is going to be mediocre. He could hire the greatest staff in the world and if Al was running the program the team would still blow. There isn't a shortage of talent on this Miami team. If there is one thing Golden has done above average it's refill the talent level on this team. There are a lot of guys on this team that are good players, and some of them could be really **** good players if the right coaching staff were brought in. this team having four losses is shameful and it should be viewed as that. When you hire mediocrity the ultimate result will be a mediocre product.

Looks like you have been doing a lot of reflection down in the TPP. Best post you have ever made.

Advertisement
We thought last year was the year because even though we had a lot of talented inexperience we had Morris who was going to kick *** at QB.

but the sentiments were that THIS season would be a "down" year in the sense that we would only get 8-9 wins because we would have a QB problem after Morris left. At the time Olsen was god so everyone thought he would be the guy and that as a redshirt freshman it would take him some time to adjust and mature as a QB, but we were supposed to be stout defensively and have a strong running game with a strong offensive line. everyone thought this year's team would be a lot stronger than last year's team everywhere except for QB.

Well, Kaaya came in, has been the best QB Miami has had in ****ing years, and we still suck big black ****.

basically my point is this: It doesn't matter who the QB is, what players we have at defense, running back or on the lines, as long as Al Golden is here this program is going to be mediocre. He could hire the greatest staff in the world and if Al was running the program the team would still blow. There isn't a shortage of talent on this Miami team. If there is one thing Golden has done above average it's refill the talent level on this team. There are a lot of guys on this team that are good players, and some of them could be really **** good players if the right coaching staff were brought in. this team having four losses is shameful and it should be viewed as that. When you hire mediocrity the ultimate result will be a mediocre product.

And this is completely true. CIS has been clamoring for a top defense. We've got it. No big injuries. Check. Competent offense that can move the ball, complete shorter passes, and score TD's? Yup. Experienced, upper class talent? Yup.

And we're worse than last year.

Turning the ball over in critical moments in all of the losses. Check.

Uh, OK?

Hard to win games when your QB likes to enter pick city in every big time game. Or when you have a guy like Duke who never fumbles, but when he does, he makes sure to do it when we are actually driving and have a chance to take the lead against Nebraska. No matter how good your offense or defense is, turnovers will make it all worthless.
This is what we call a troll and a fake fan. This ****** isn't a Canes fan. Don't even bother engaging with this homo

UM has a WORSE regular season record than last year. UM has lost every single against teams that will finish the year ranked--3 by blowout, and the only close one was against a team, just like last year. UM, in all likelihood, will have a worse overall record than last year. Bottom line. So even if UM had a good stretch where they blew out a few absolutely terrible teams like UNC and Virginia Tech, it's not worth **** because the real progress comes from winning games against good teams. UM hasn't made any progress there at all. Go away.

What do you do for a living? Do you have to motivate people who work for you? Just curious.

Advertisement

Well, Kaaya came in, has been the best QB Miami has had in ******* years, and we still suck big black ****.

Great post.

Well, Kaaya came in, has been the best QB Miami has had in ****ing years, and we still suck big black ****.

And this is completely true. CIS has been clamoring for a top defense. We've got it. No big injuries. Check. Competent offense that can move the ball, complete shorter passes, and score TD's? Yup. Experienced, upper class talent? Yup.

Uh, OK?

Hard to win games when your QB likes to enter pick city in every big time game. Or when you have a guy like Duke who never fumbles, but when he does, he makes sure to do it when we are actually driving and have a chance to take the lead against Nebraska. No matter how good your offense or defense is, turnovers will make it all worthless.

Fair point but we are +2 in T.O. margin in conference play.

I do have a couple hypothetical questions for you though. I hope you are able to post a responsive answer:

1. In your opinion, would our 2014 record be the same with Mike London/Dave Clawson as our HC?
2. How about Cutcliffe/Malzahn or Mullen?

Uh, OK?

I do have a couple hypothetical questions for you though. I hope you are able to post a responsive answer:

1. In your opinion, would our 2014 record be the same with Mike London/Dave Clawson as our HC?

I can answer this and it is NO. Our record would be better, and there is evidence to prove this. Our def vs GaTech wsa abismal and was horribly called. Malzahn, Mullen, and Cutcliffe(beat GaTech) all would have not been in 2 deep zone coverage against a team that throws the ball less than 10 times a game. Also Cutcliffe has won the ACC Coastal and almost went there again this year something this coaching staff hasn't even got close enough to sniff like the dog's asses they are. Also these coaches all have big wins, and produce talent esp. Cutcliffe with his below par recruiting classes. He takes 3 stars to Bowl games and ACCG and competes and wins. Our coaching staff takes 4 and 5 stars and look like FamU vs Bama on a national tv game vs a decent team.

Also going limp and dropping into the dont lose the game aka dont win the game system we went into vs FSU in the 2nd half is another issue. We have JAG players looking like Heisman candidates against us because our coaches aren't gameday coaches. The x's and o's might as well be bianry code to them

Last edited:

What do you do for a living? Do you have to motivate people who work for you? Just curious.

Look at Russ always bringing up the money...SMH you work for a gas company COOL BRO

Advertisement

Uh, OK?

I can answer this and it is NO. Our record would be better, and there is evidence to prove this. Our def vs GaTech wsa abismal and was horribly called. Malzahn, Mullen, and Cutcliffe(beat GaTech) all would have not been in 2 deep zone coverage against a team that throws the ball less than 10 times a game. Also Cutcliffe has won the ACC Coastal and almost went there again this year something this coaching staff hasn't even got close enough to sniff like the dog's asses they are. Also these coaches all have big wins, and produce talent esp. Cutcliffe with his below par recruiting classes. He takes 3 stars to Bowl games and ACCG and competes and wins. Our coaching staff takes 4 and 5 stars and look like FamU vs Bama on a national tv game vs a decent team.

Also going limp and dropping into the dont lose the game aka dont win the game system we went into vs FSU in the 2nd half is another issue. We have JAG players looking like Heisman candidates against us because our coaches aren't gameday coaches. The x's and o's might as well be bianry code to them

Thanks puumba. Canes21 where are you?

Txcane and Canes21 need to be taken out back behind a shed and put out of their misery. Shame these retards ruin this site.

21 sure seems like a guy who cannot see the truth because its not believable enough to him.

Ive gotten to the point where I just laugh at guys who try to sell me on the idea that our defense did not make any schematic changes after the Ga Tech loss. Of course nothing changed. RIiiight.

I'll give the team and staff a free pass for the Louisville game but the Nebraska and Ga Tech losses fall squarely on mark dorito, and by extension, al golden. In my best James Carville voice...

"Isss duh defensive scheme, stoopit."

Advertisement
21 sure seems like a guy who cannot see the truth because its not believable enough to him.

Ive gotten to the point where I just laugh at guys who try to sell me on the idea that our defense did not make any schematic changes after the Ga Tech loss. Of course nothing changed. RIiiight.

I'll give the team and staff a free pass for the Louisville game but the Nebraska and Ga Tech losses fall squarely on mark dorito, and by extension, al golden. In my best James Carville voice...

"Isss duh defensive scheme, stoopit."

Bro you got no idea, theyre all over facebook too SMH

How often does Duke fumble the ball? Practically never. Fumbles will happen to every back eventually. No coach will ever have back that does not fumble. It was not Golden's fault that Duke fumbled against Nebraska and the ball bounced perfectly for them to take it to the house. You're really stretching if you think it is on Golden.

was it Duke Johnson's fault that Nebraska anally dissected our defense?

The reasons Nebraska ran for 3 miles on the defense. The defense freelanced, did not know how to tackle, and some of the alignments were **** poor. The coaches and players were both to blame. You can't have guys hit Abdullah behind the LOS multiple times and never record a TFL. That is on the players. You also cannot have 3rd and 2 and have 6 in the box. That is on the coaches. I am not saying it is one or the other. I am saying that it is both.

you-are-literally-too-stupid-to-insult_1171.gif

I love how every argument on this board turns into someone posting gifs and ending their countering. Did the team line up terribly against Nebraska at times? Yes. Did the players miss tackles in that game they normally do not and have not in their careers? Yes. Did we hit Abdullah plenty of times at the LOS or even behind it and allow big runs still? Yes.

Nothing there is crazy or irrational.
A
Were missed tackles a problem in 2011? Yes. 2012 ? Yes. 2013 ? Yes and this year also. Seems to be a reoccurring them under these coaches. Different players same coaches same issues.

Advertisement
Back