Do you guys remember when

Do you know who has the job of teaching players to NOT turn the ball over in critical moments? The coaches, you stupid degenerate piece of ****.

How often does Duke fumble the ball? Practically never. Fumbles will happen to every back eventually. No coach will ever have back that does not fumble. It was not Golden's fault that Duke fumbled against Nebraska and the ball bounced perfectly for them to take it to the house. You're really stretching if you think it is on Golden.

was it Duke Johnson's fault that Nebraska anally dissected our defense?

The reasons Nebraska ran for 3 miles on the defense. The defense freelanced, did not know how to tackle, and some of the alignments were **** poor. The coaches and players were both to blame. You can't have guys hit Abdullah behind the LOS multiple times and never record a TFL. That is on the players. You also cannot have 3rd and 2 and have 6 in the box. That is on the coaches. I am not saying it is one or the other. I am saying that it is both.

you-are-literally-too-stupid-to-insult_1171.gif

I love how every argument on this board turns into someone posting gifs and ending their countering. Did the team line up terribly against Nebraska at times? Yes. Did the players miss tackles in that game they normally do not and have not in their careers? Yes. Did we hit Abdullah plenty of times at the LOS or even behind it and allow big runs still? Yes.

Nothing there is crazy or irrational.

Advertisement

The reasons Nebraska ran for 3 miles on the defense. The defense freelanced, did not know how to tackle, and some of the alignments were **** poor. The coaches and players were both to blame. You can't have guys hit Abdullah behind the LOS multiple times and never record a TFL. That is on the players. You also cannot have 3rd and 2 and have 6 in the box. That is on the coaches. I am not saying it is one or the other. I am saying that it is both.

Exactly. It's not on the coaches to make sure the players do their jobs.

The players have gotten better and better at tackling as the year goes on. Are you willing to credit the coaches with that?

Sure. We're still 6-4.

Would you agree that the offense and defense have gotten more efficient as the year has gone on? The stats and film all point to it. The coaches would deserve credit for that as well as the players for growing.

How often does Duke fumble the ball? Practically never. Fumbles will happen to every back eventually. No coach will ever have back that does not fumble. It was not Golden's fault that Duke fumbled against Nebraska and the ball bounced perfectly for them to take it to the house. You're really stretching if you think it is on Golden.

I love how every argument on this board turns into someone posting gifs and ending their countering. Did the team line up terribly against Nebraska at times? Yes. Did the players miss tackles in that game they normally do not and have not in their careers? Yes. Did we hit Abdullah plenty of times at the LOS or even behind it and allow big runs still? Yes.

Maybe you should take note. Nobody wants to read your version of War and Peace, but you think your posts are just right in length. Everybody calls you stupid, but you think you're making great posts. What's more likely: you are making ridiculously long, stupid posts or you're right and everybody else is wrong?

The players have gotten better and better at tackling as the year goes on. Are you willing to credit the coaches with that?

Sure. We're still 6-4.

Would you agree that the offense and defense have gotten more efficient as the year has gone on? The stats and film all point to it. The coaches would deserve credit for that as well as the players for growing.

Sure. We're 6-4. The games in the beginning of the season count just as much as the games at the end of the season.

Maybe you should take note. Nobody wants to read your version of War and Peace, but you think your posts are just right in length. Everybody calls you stupid, but you think you're making great posts. What's more likely: you are making ridiculously long, stupid posts or you're right and everybody else is wrong?

When I am saying simple things like McCord getting into the backfield, but not making the tackle is not a scheme issue, but a player issue, it's really not a ridiculous point. It's actually pretty spot on. Are you saying it is not?

Advertisement
is McCord lining up across from a wide receiver his fault too?

The coaches aren't responsible for having players that are capable of making plays in the backfield. We should blame those guys who recruit the players to UM, teach them how to tackle and finish plays instead. Let's get em! Oh wait, it's the corching staff.

Sure. We're still 6-4.

Sure. We're 6-4. The games in the beginning of the season count just as much as the games at the end of the season.

Of course they count as much, but the team right now is better than it was at the start of the year which is something that has not been the case since Golden has been here or even when Shannon was here. I tend to think that a team finally improving each week for the first time in 8+ years is a pretty positive sign, correct?

Advertisement

The coaches aren't responsible for having players that are capable of making plays in the backfield. We should blame those guys who recruit the players to UM, teach them how to tackle and finish plays instead. Let's get em! Oh wait, it's the corching staff.

McCord makes the majority of tackles he attempts. He is good at it, but that does not mean when he misses some, it is not his fault. If Peyton Manning has a bad game and is missing targets left and right, that falls on him does it not?

Sure. We're still 6-4.

Of course they count as much, but the team right now is better than it was at the start of the year which is something that has not been the case since Golden has been here or even when Shannon was here. I tend to think that a team finally improving each week for the first time in 8+ years is a pretty positive sign, correct?

improving from **** to average isn't worth applauding.

Sure. We're still 6-4.

Positive sign, sure. Worth anything when you're 6-4, out of coastal contention, and by the end of the season will have lost to every single ranked team you've played? No.

McCord makes the majority of tackles he attempts. He is good at it, but that does not mean when he misses some, it is not his fault. If Peyton Manning has a bad game and is missing targets left and right, that falls on him does it not?

Agreed, the coaches who pick the players, coach them, and teach them fundamentals aren't responsible for how a guy plays.

Advertisement
Sure. We're still 6-4.

Positive sign, sure. Worth anything when you're 6-4, out of coastal contention, and by the end of the season will have lost to every single ranked team you've played? No.

I would think winning out and finishing 9-4 and looking better every game would be a big step forward. There are no accolades that come with it, but it is something that generally leads to even more success down the road.

I would think winning out and finishing 9-4 and looking better every game would be a big step forward. There are no accolades that come with it, but it is something that generally leads to even more success down the road.

It wouldn't be a big step forward at all. It would be the same record as last year.

Last year ended with no signs of growth at any point in the season. This year would be ending with plenty of growth and improvement being as clear as day. Do you believe Marshall should be ranked in the top 2 with FSU? They are the only 2 undefeated teams in the nation.

Advertisement
Last year ended with no signs of growth at any point in the season. This year would be ending with plenty of growth and improvement being as clear as day. Do you believe Marshall should be ranked in the top 2 with FSU? They are the only 2 undefeated teams in the nation.

UM last year = 9-4
UM this year (at BEST, and all likelihood worse) 9-4

That's not a big step forward, chief.

UM last year = 9-4

UM 9-4 getting worse as the season goes on.

UM 9-4 looked better every week. Played the best 2+ months of football in the last 10 years to end the year and competed with an elite team and was a few plays away from being victorious.

UM last year = 9-4

UM 9-4 looked better every week. Played the best 2+ months of football in the last 10 years to end the year and competed with an elite team and was a few plays away from being victorious.

I bolded the important parts for you. 9-4 is not an improvement over 9-4, especially when you can't beat anybody who is actually good.

and LOL @ this being the "best 2+ months of football in the last 10 years." In 2005, we went on an 8 game win streak (that lasted 2 months) and won games at Clemson and destroyed #3 Virginia Tech (Al Golden has never even beaten a team in the top 20). In the last 2 months (from last weekend), we've lost 3 times. Stop lying.

UM last year = 9-4

I bolded the important parts for you. 9-4 is not an improvement over 9-4, especially when you can't beat anybody who is actually good.

and LOL @ this being the "best 2+ months of football in the last 10 years." In 2005, we went on an 8 game win streak (that lasted 2 months) and won games at Clemson and destroyed #3 Virginia Tech (Al Golden has never even beaten a team in the top 20). In the last 2 months (from last weekend), we've lost 3 times. Stop lying.

So is Marshall in your top 2? And So instead of it being in the last 10 years, it's the best in the last 9 years. Nice to know. And 6 weeks, not 2 months. Had to go look at the actual dates. My mistake.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back