Do you consider yourself someone [who prefers great offense or defense?]

SayWhat

Sophomore
Premium
Who likes watching great offensive or defensive performances?

The Bedlam cancelation made me ask myself this and I really don't have an answer today. In the past, it was defense as we absolutely dominated that side of the ball back in the day. Now, I would probably lean towards offense as you play can't the way we used to, but I love how defenses can frustrate offenses.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
I'll answer by saying what brings me more pain. The 800 yard 60 point embarrassment vs UNC in 2020 hurt my soul more than the no TD performance last Saturday. I think great Defense brings me more joy.

Gerald Willis had my favorite season of the last 5 years and every time LT56 makes a play in the backfield I want to smack someone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like good defense but Lsu. / Bama games back in the day was brutal. It was good defenses against meh offenses. Just beating their head into the wall for three hours. Imo there’s nothing worse in football than two offenses that can’t be stopped by the others defense. It’s basketball.

Defense wins championships, but offense puts azzes in the seats.

It's always been defense for me. Seeing a guy get 15+ tackles in one game or shutdown a WR is special.

1663875062663.png

I can enjoy both. The extremes of each side get boring, but a healthy middle can be fun either way. Gun to head, I typically would enjoy a watching a 35-33 game more than a 17-14 finish. As soon as I say that though I’m like, “man but defense is so fun to watch.”

I am a useless squish on this issue.

If it’s two teams that I don’t care about, I’d always prefer a shootout.

When it comes to Miami, I’ll take whatever it takes to get a win. For most of the 90’s and a majority of our post 2002 rut, we’ve had really good defenses and generally bad offenses, so seeing us with an offense that actually scores is a fun change. But winning 48-45 gives me that same incomplete feeling as winning 17-14.

Advertisement

The Bedlam cancelation made me ask myself this and I really don't have an answer today. In the past, it was defense as we absolutely dominated that side of the ball back in the day. Now, I would probably lean towards offense as you play can't the way we used to, but I love how defenses can frustrate offenses.

Thoughts?
I love a good defensive game, but I also love winning so if we score 50 to win or 10… I’m happy lol. I appreciate a great defensive showing particularly since they are so rare these days.

Thoughts?
I think the game is best when there are equal restrictions to play on both sides of the ball.

Right now everything skews towards O making the D less and less of a factor.

And while I'm on that, did ya'll see the face mask Achane used when Williams was called for a facemask on him?

Why no targeting when O players lower the crown of their helmet?

I'll answer by saying what brings me more pain. The 800 yard 60 point embarrassment vs UNC in 2020 hurt my soul more than the no TD performance last Saturday. I think great Defense brings me more joy.

Gerald Willis had my favorite season of the last 5 years and every time LT56 makes a play in the backfield I want to smack someone.
Yeah, I am still apologizing to my son for that UNC game as we sat there and watched that abortion.

Defense for me.

I have never watched the replay of that game. I always watch them after I get home from the game and then again for evaluations for my own personal entertainment.

Advertisement
The best game example that would sum this question up for me personally would be Miami vs ND 1988. That game had big plays on both sides of the ball by both teams.

Advertisement
Back