Do we put our players on a level they are not on?

Fans are always gonna overrate their players cause most don't know any better. Your avg fan of any sport don't know enough to even be talking they should just watch and go home.

Advertisement
You almost went a whole sentence without ripping Zion.....almost.
I have never ripped Zion...at least not since 2019. He's a good player and a better story.

But I guess saying he won't be a 1st rounder in 2022 means that I hate the kid.

There's lots of talent in Miami but the toxicity around this program is unlike anything in CFB.

If you don't kiss the alumni's *** just the way they like they'll turn on you, then there's the HS coaches , handlers and media. There's a reason big time coaches steer clear of this **** storm. That's why we should pull for manny , he's one guy that gets it and is willing to deal with the bs that comes with this job. I mean one of Miamis most popular alums created a journalism career by destroying his alma mater. Even though it was common knowledge UF and Fsu was doing the exact same thing with pell grants. If Miami did half of what Bama, UGA and other schools did we'd already had people rolled over on the program multiple times. **** the one big booster we had rolled over on Miami lol.

Who needs enemies when you're a Cane?

There's my rant I've been wanting to drop for awhile.
Really friggin glad somebody said it. And there's more to it than that. People don't realize what an uphill climb it is to succeed here now.

We should be able to beat Clemson by now if we are being honest which would put us in the playoffs by default. Good head coaches are able to win those games even if they have a talent advantage at some positions.
And with what O-line would we have been able to do that with in the past 10 years or so, what was I missing?

Advertisement
Every fan overrates their team/players. That said, generally speaking, I believe the last few years we’ve all become mopier than usual after years of irrelevance and are more critical of our guys than we ought to be.

Anybody who EXPECTS national championships with the level we recruit at is a fool.

Anybody who doesn’t expect we should win the terrible corstal more often than not with the level we recruit is blind.

There is a MASSIVE jump between the coastal and the playoffs.

Then the obvious follow-up question is WHY DON’T WE RECRUIT AT A HIGHER LEVEL?

I think the disconnect between mopes and slurpers is some of us were around during the glory days. We’ve seen what a real Miami team looks like in terms of talent and results, and that has remained the benchmark for us.

I suppose the day may come when those pf us who remember the 80’s-00’s age out of the fanbase, and all that’s left are those who remember Al Golden and Randy. And then you’ll be happy to just beat North Carolina every now and then.

But some of us still set the bar at beating Alabama. For me, the season will be defined in six days.

Advertisement
I know we all do this, but sometimes I think we want so bad for our player to be great, that we overate our talent (as fans) going into the season. We have a lot of really good players, and a lot of good ones coming up, but do we overestimate our talent on the roster? We expect championships, be it ACC or NC, do we try an convince ourselves that we are at that level. I believe we are close, but not there. I guess my "goal" for this year is 10 wins. Just a drinking rant, sorry for boring some of you fellas. I just feel we overate our player alot.
Thank for the feedback. Go Canes! :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

All we have to do is to do what we're capable of - and then a little bit more.

It's also termed, "want." You gotta want it more.

Then the obvious follow-up question is WHY DON’T WE RECRUIT AT A HIGHER LEVEL?

I think the disconnect between mopes and slurpers is some of us were around during the glory days. We’ve seen what a real Miami team looks like in terms of talent and results, and that has remained the benchmark for us.

I suppose the day may come when those pf us who remember the 80’s-00’s age out of the fanbase, and all that’s left are those who remember Al Golden and Randy. And then you’ll be happy to just beat North Carolina every now and then.

But some of us still set the bar at beating Alabama. For me, the season will be defined in six days.

I could write 2000 words on this, but to save time, I’ll just simply say that recruiting is literally night and day compared to where it was in “the old days”. It’s a national game now.

12th in composite rankings so the talent is there. Anything below a top 15 finish this year is a disappointment, especially with this schedule.

12th in talent is light years away from winning a national title add to the fact we have the worsr head coach this program has seen and we have zero shot

Advertisement
Yes. Exhibit A is Zion Nelson. Others like King, Bolden, Stevenson, Mallory, Silvera, Harley, Frierson are also good but won't be drafted until day 3. Deandre Johnson, Jon Ford, DJ Ivey, Rambo etc are career JAGS (does not mean they suck) who are expected to perform well in prominent roles on blind faith. We are talented enough to win a lot of games but hamstrung by some questionable evals, turning DEs into LBs, recruiting small players and 7on7 all-stars.
If a kid can pan together a career at the next level..like the exhibit A’s you listed, then that’s a poor example of us overrating our talent . The key is having enough depth along with those exhibit A guys u mentioned…but for me we have a habit overrating the impact young players have on winning compared to a veteran guys . We have the shiny new toy syndrome constantly. Young teams generally do not win lots of games at this level. Especially at the conference and national level of winning

Find all conference, all American list threads here and you'll certainly see most overrated our players. Same with any draft threads.

Having said that, some schools certainly receive a bump in those lists and draft results. Winning makes everyone look better.

If a kid can pan together a career at the next level..like the exhibit A’s you listed, then that’s a poor example of us overrating our talent . The key is having enough depth along with those exhibit A guys u mentioned…but for me we have a habit overrating the impact young players have on winning compared to a veteran guys . We have the shiny new toy syndrome constantly. Young teams generally do not win lots of games at this level. Especially at the conference and national level of winning
Nuance goes out the window when we see a player excel and receive praise from the media. Miami fans were sure that DJ Dallas, Duke Johnson, Corn Elder, Stacy Coley, Mark Walton, Brevin Jordan, Gerald Willis, Joe Jackson, Chad Thomas, Jaquan Johnson would be drafted in round 1.

Advertisement
Oh yes we do we have for years...then we blame development. Then said player goes to the NFL never does anything never develops with NFL coaching. But then still blame development never blaming the correct thing to blame. EVALUATIONS

This.

10-3/11-2 is very doable
doable ? yes ......... likely ? no

lucy.gif

Advertisement
Back