Do we put our players on a level they are not on?

Advertisement
This.

10-3/11-2 is very doable
Think we may hang around a bit but ultimately get drug next week. So then how do we respond if the air is let out of the balloon? So while 10-3/11-2 may be doable, there are more factors than what appears on paper that will come into play.

*We absolutely overrate our players, so instead of re-hasing the usual suspects, let's say I'm curious to see how a couple of our highly thought of portalers perform.

I have shocking news for the cool guys here, every fan base overrates their team. I live in Gainesville and they're working on their third straight heisman winning qb.

I've never see a fan base rip and trash their players like " cane fans". Even some of our all time greats get trashed. Out of all the fans I've been around in my life Miami fans are some of the worst. In real life and message boards.

That's just being real.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fans are already overrating the players in this thread LOL. I want to have multiple All-Americans every year...we're just not there yet. It all starts with recruiting; this year's DB class and last year's WR class are steps in the right direction. The staff must now find a way to recruit the trenches, and LB's, just as well as they do skill positions.

Looking for Redding, Harrison Hunte, Clarke, Rivers, Rooster, and Chantz to step up.

Last edited:
For every fan with great expectations and optimism, there are a thousand who say we suck and hope we suffer.

Which would you rather watch a game with?

I have shocking news for the cool guys here, every fan base overrates their team. I live in Gainesville and they're working on their third straight heisman winning qb.

I've never see a fan base rip and trash their players like " cane fans". Even some of our all time greats get trashed. Out of all the fans I've been around in my life Miami fans are some of the worst. Thats real life and message boards. That's just being real.

The same dudes ripping everything from the coach to the water boy then turn around and demand double digit wins because we’re so talented.

Advertisement
Anybody who EXPECTS national championships with the level we recruit at is a fool.

Anybody who doesn’t expect we should win the terrible corstal more often than not with the level we recruit is blind.

There is a MASSIVE jump between the coastal and the playoffs.
In the last 15 seasons, we’ve lost 6+ games EIGHT TIMES! It’s crazy we still consistently pull in top 20 recruiting classes after this mess, and a testament to the built-in recruiting advantage we have in South FL.

We’ve been saying for years, all we need to do is string together a few 10-win/Top 25 seasons and we’ll start keeping more of the top South FL recruits home and getting back to championship caliber talent. So I agree, this isn’t playoff or bust. We’ve been our own worst enemy for 15 years now. It’s about just meeting expectations consistently (which in the coastal should be Top 25 and 10 wins every season). Then we can take the next step and start building a powerhouse again.

I will say this though, I've never see a fan base rip and trash their players like this group. Even some of our all time greats Out of all the fans I've been around in my life Miami fans are some of the worst. That's just being real.

This. Hopefully folks that do that are like blackvern, just trolls not true Miami fans.

Not only that, Miami is the only program that deals with actual Benedict Arnolds and haters in their own backyard. Just found out that Armella's father is rumored to be a Cane hater despite going to Miami ******* Springs.

Shameful how the local community treats their hometown program. Clowns like Earl Little SR and that Gaytor lover with his two flop sons, troll recruits like Keef Bryant and Josh Joke, the list can go on and on.

When was the last time a kid from Columbus trashed OSU? Or a kid from Tuscaloosa trashed Bama?

Why is it that Miami is the only program that deals with this **** from their own fanbase and community?

Overrating/hype has gone to a never before seen level in this day-and-age. Fans will literally rave about how "awesome" the defense will be (for example) by listing eight players who a) are redshirt freshmen who either haven't or have barely played b) are incoming freshman c) or are verbal, unbinding committments.
Yeah, old fogie here, but we used to at least let 'em see the field before we started counting our chickens.

This. Hopefully folks that do that are like blackvern, just trolls not true Miami fans.

Not only that, Miami is the only program that deals with actual Benedict Arnolds and haters in their own backyard. Just found out that Armella's father is rumored to be a Cane hater despite going to Miami ******* Springs.

Shameful how the local community treats their hometown program. Clowns like Earl Little SR and that Gaytor lover with his two flop sons, troll recruits like Keef Bryant and Josh Joke, the list can go on and on.

When was the last time a kid from Columbus trashed OSU? Or a kid from Tuscaloosa trashed Bama?

Why is it that Miami is the only program that deals with this **** from their own fanbase and community?
There's lots of talent in Miami but the toxicity around this program is unlike anything in CFB.

If you don't kiss the alumni's *** just the way they like they'll turn on you, then there's the HS coaches , handlers and media. There's a reason big time coaches steer clear of this **** storm. That's why we should pull for manny , he's one guy that gets it and is willing to deal with the bs that comes with this job. I mean one of Miamis most popular alums created a journalism career by destroying his alma mater. Even though it was common knowledge UF and Fsu was doing the exact same thing with pell grants. If Miami did half of what Bama, UGA and other schools did we'd already had people rolled over on the program multiple times. **** the one big booster we had rolled over on Miami lol.

Who needs enemies when you're a Cane?

There's my rant I've been wanting to drop for awhile.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Overrating/hype has gone to a never before seen level in this day-and-age. Fans will literally rave about how "awesome" the defense will be (for example) by listing eight players who a) are redshirt freshmen who either haven't or have barely played b) are incoming freshman c) or are verbal, unbinding committments.
Yeah, old fogie here, but we used to at least let 'em see the field before we started counting our chickens.
When people says " overrating " who is it we're overrating? **** near everyone on the board has our guys going mid rounds or late. With Zion being the one guy with a chance in the top 2-3 rounds. Plenty of nfl people feel thats possible. TS ,BB and Mallory are capable with big years . King will be in the 4-6 range and most here say that. If anything it's pretty realistic. That's still nfl guys and there'll likely be a lot of them , so what if it's not early?

Tbh I just think it upsets some of the negative twats we're super positive going into a year with a veteran team returning. We never have that.

Last edited:
I know we all do this, but sometimes I think we want so bad for our player to be great, that we overate our talent (as fans) going into the season. We have a lot of really good players, and a lot of good ones coming up, but do we overestimate our talent on the roster? We expect championships, be it ACC or NC, do we try an convince ourselves that we are at that level. I believe we are close, but not there. I guess my "goal" for this year is 10 wins. Just a drinking rant, sorry for boring some of you fellas. I just feel we overate our player alot.
Thank for the feedback. Go Canes! :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:
I don't think we overrate our players. The coaching staff has not been able to coach them up to make a team thats better than the sum of its parts. Most of the time when we lose or players play bad, Are we seeing players physically overmatch? No, what we see is players that have no idea whats going on, how to read a blocking OL, body control to catch a ball, proper angles to tackle, setting up blocks, reading coverage, turning your head for the ball etc. Fundamentals of the game. Thats where we have been. We get into big games and teams that have way less find a way to scare teams like Bama. Ole Miss did it, UF did it. The TE from ole Miss that torched Bama was a 5th year 2 star that transfered from Temple, he had 7 catches for 181 yards against them. For the season he had 524 yards, almost as much as he had his entire career before that. He went undrafted to the Jets. So ask your self why can't a talent like Brevin Jordan be put in position to give Clemson headaches yet Kenny Yeboah can do that for Ole Miss to Bama. Elijah Moore who we let get away from down here had 143 yards on 11 catches in the same game v Bama. Coaching.

We have players to be a top 10 team every year, on our roster now. Win play off games, no, recruiting has to be cranked up

Yeah, because South Florida 3 stars are 5 stars everywhere else, and because Ft Lauderdale has more NFL players on its own than Texas, California, and the whole SEC combined.

Any time we lose, it’s “skeemz” and “corches,” and it has nothing at all to do with the other team having good players.
If the best players in south Florida all played for Miami, we wouldn’t have to worry about overrating talent. We’d have the most talented team every year.

Advertisement

Armella’s father played for Florida State

When people says " overrating " who is it we're overrating? **** near everyone on the board has our guys going mid rounds or late. With Zion being the one guy with a chance in the top 2-3 rounds. Plenty of nfl people feel that way too. TS ,BB and Mallory are capable with big years . King will be in the 4-6 range and most here say that. If anything it's pretty realistic. That's still nfl guys and there'll likely be a lot of them , so what if it's not early?

Tbh I just think it upsets some of the negative twats we're super positive going into a year with a veteran team returning. We never have that.
You're giving a more level-headed evaluation, and this is a difficult discussion to have without identifying players as sub-standard. To me it's more a matter of just message board fodder. For example, a thought was shared regarding UM 'potentially' having an upper-teir ACC o-line. Of course, two years after a historically bad group that made a leap to average-mediocre last year (improved for a variety of reasons).
Folks will jump in with Zion, of course, who probably was slightly above average last year. Then they'll list a few players with experience (mediocre) and then throw out the names of a couple of highly regarded recruits and there you have it..a top-tier o-line.
Or, we're gonna pair Kam at S with Avantae, JW at Striker, Tyler at MLB with Taylor anchoring the DL and "we back!". All projections of course, and a couple of talented tweeners who need to find a position at this level, but never mind that - "we back!". That's what I'm talking about.

You're giving a more level-headed evaluation, and this is a difficult discussion to have without identifying players as sub-standard. To me it's more a matter of just message board fodder. For example, a thought was shared regarding UM 'potentially' having an upper-teir ACC o-line. Of course, two years after a historically bad group that made a leap to average-mediocre last year (improved for a variety of reasons).
Folks will jump in with Zion, of course, who probably was slightly above average last year. Then they'll list a few players with experience (mediocre) and then throw out the names of a couple of highly regarded recruits and there you have it..a top-tier o-line.
Or, we're gonna pair Kam at S with Avantae, JW at Striker, Tyler at MLB with Taylor anchoring the DL and "we back!". All projections of course, and a couple of talented tweeners who need to find a position at this level, but never mind that - "we back!". That's what I'm talking about.
With the ol I've seen plenty of write ups having Miami In the top 3-4 in the acc. Two years ago most if them were Fr, so it makes sense they're improving as grown men. Ol is the one place you can't be young , and majority of them were in 19 and 20 for that matter.

All that being said people say they're really improved but I need to see it, until I see it I'll still have that group as suspect.

Advertisement
Back