Do we need a new strength program?

Applecane

Recruit
Premium
My biggest takeaway is that FSU beat us up in the trenches. Really badly. Pushed us around, Pounded us. Ran through tackles.

Why is that? What about the nutrition plan that everybody was raving about? What about all the hard work hype out of Greentree?

Our strength coach, the mustachioed guy, needs to be scrutinized? He does have swagger. I’ll give him that but those were weak-assed Canes out there tonight.

Advertisement
My biggest takeaway is that FSU beat us up in the trenches. Really badly. Pushed us around, Pounded us. Ran through tackles.

Why is that? What about the nutrition plan that everybody was raving about? What about all the hard work hype out of Greentree?

Our strength coach, the mustachioed guy, needs to be scrutinized? He does have swagger. I’ll give him that but those were weak-assed Canes out there tonight.

No clue but if we do it's at least third in the list of things that we need to change before we get to start thinking about S&C

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve never seen so many guys get hurt and the Oregon boards said the same thing went on there. The guy is clearly not a very good strength coach. But that ‘stache is awesome!!

And injuries are not necessarily directed at a s&c program. Football is a physical game and injuries are going to happen

Advertisement

Strength consists of balancing on yoga balls for three hours while squinting.

Nutrition consists of drinking Diet Water and eating spam.

Advertisement
And injuries are not necessarily directed at a s&c program. Football is a physical game and injuries are going to happen
Seems to me injuries happen more when players are unsure of what they are doing, but that's just me.

Bring back Feeley ...
People on this board were mad at Feeley because Manny recruited 3-star players and Feeley couldn't turn them into 5-star players. I saw post after post about how he sucks, and "our guys have no push off the ball."

With the exception of D'Eriq King tearing his ACL, he ran a pretty clean program with few major injuries, and our guys were always well-conditioned in the 4th quarter.

THEN, he went to Duke and their 2 and 3-star guys made us look like a JV team.

But he doesn't have big arms and a funny mustache, and doesn't post videos to IG so he must not know what he's talking about right?

I’m not blaming the strength guy for the injuries. I don’t know enough about sports medicine to say that. And anyway, Chaney was hurt under Manny’s program, too, and Citizen wasn’t around long enough for the conditioning program to have an impact. TVD? That was the fault of the porous offensive line letting d-linemen put him down hard. As for the other injuries, we’ll, it‘s football, right?

it is the physical weakness that gets me. I don’t understand that. Or maybe it’s just lack of motivation or general softness.

Advertisement
Back