Do we have a WR Evaluation issue in recruiting?

Mackmiller974

All ACC
So far our most highly recruited guys haven't lived up to the hype. Mark Pope, Jeremiah Payton, Michael Redding, Daz Worsham haven't done much... Our other WRs Mike Harley, Keyshawn Smith and Xavier Restrepo, who were considered second thoughts in their WR classes are looking like the best ones on our team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So far our most highly recruited guys haven't lived up to the hype. Mark Pope, Jeremiah Payton, Michael Redding, Daz Worsham haven't done much... Our other WRs Mike Harley, Keyshawn Smith and Xavier Restrepo, who were considered second thoughts in their WR classes are looking like the best ones on our team.

Considering none of the guys that evaluated most of them are still here not sure why its brought up.

You have also listed freshman....and Mike Harley use to help carry michael irvin pads to the lockers at Greentree his freshman year.

Yall going overboard with this wr thing. We had these guys playing in a putrid offense for years and the young guys are.....well young guys.

Considering none of the guys that evaluated most of them are still here not sure why its brought up.

You have also listed freshman....and Mike Harley use to help carry michael irvin pads to the lockers at Greentree his freshman year.

Yall going overboard with this wr thing. We had these guys playing in a putrid offense for years and the young guys are.....well young guys.
michael richards yes GIF

@ this point the only known thing known is Wiggins & Pope drop way to many throws. The young guys realize it’s time to deliver. Just have to hope they get the targets

Advertisement
What? Every one of the players you listed were 4 star guys. Daz dropped to 3 stars after his injury. We have a coaching and development problem.

Advertisement
Here’s a interesting line of thinking..really on a different level. Might help us analyze incoming talent better and from a different angle...and please miss me with the slander on this one lol

If Pope was dropped into the 2021 cycle today as is as a HS prospect what do u guys think he would do at that level and what would his ranking reflect of it ?...if Gurvan Hall, Ivey, Ford, nesta etc etc was dropped in the 21 cycle what would his ranking be?..they’d be seen as 5star and 4 star talent once again..see that’s the part o think most fans don’t account for. All these kids are physically gifted. So to expect a freshman each cycle or young player to just jump right in and supplant guys who’s been on campus and have experience and most cases were just as hyped as the new ones y’all love befor they even step foot on campus is unrealistic. It takes a special youngman to come in, get on schedule with everything that comes with it and produce early. Gotta take in account everything. I have literally 0 expectations for freshman no matter their rankings coming in. I’ve seen 4 and 5 stars never live up all over the country. Especially as day 1 impact players It’s not just a Miami problem. That’s y it’s important to stack the chips and create as much competition and depth. Having a 17 year old come and play a huge role should never be a expectation but instead a pleasant surprise

yep.

Yulkeith Brown vs Brashard Smith & the 2022 WR commits are where my eyes are to judge Likens' evals. I'd love a class with Marcus Peterson, Isaiah Bond, and one more.

Likens is a guy who has done it both ways. He coached his predecessor's recruit into a 1st round pick and evaluated, and later coached, an unknown talent into a 1st round pick. Aiyuk's OVs were to Tennessee, Kansas, and Colorado State.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes and No. Yes because they didn't value speed after losing out on top targets as expected. No because all the top SOFL prospects leave for places that don't desire them outside of football.

I’m with ya in that the offense didn’t much favrors....

but cmon man the biggest issue is Pope and Wiggins complete inability to catch the ball with any form of consistency. Flat out drops... poor route running... **** I don’t think Wiggins can run anything but a go route

Advertisement
Back