Do we have a QB coach?

Advertisement
If we're throwing names around - how about Corey Dennis at Ohio State? He's the third banana when it comes to that offense behind Ryan Day and Kevin Wilson.

He could come here and really accelerate his career trajectory as our future OC whenever Gattis leaves.

If we've learned anything by now, the coach will likely come from the Saban tree in some shape or form.

Gattis - Coached at Alabama with Saban

Smith - Coached with Kiffin

Addae - Coached with Kirby

Peetz was an analyst at Alabama under Saban the year Gattis was there so that name makes a lot of sense

Advertisement
Unlikely. Whipple's likely next stop is OC in the NFL. I don't see him becoming a QB coach in college.

mark whipple??

no way he ends up on this staff. he doesn't play well with others, is a di*ck if he's not calling plays .... (actually, is a d*ck even if he is), .... and he is not a relentless recruiter, which is a must for Mario.

the ONLY way he's here, is as a one year rental because he knows TVD and his family, and they have a friendly rapport. But even then, it's a non-starter back

and if you mean spencer whipple ... he's an up and comer in the NFL. don't see him coming to be a QB coach in college

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we've learned anything by now, the coach will likely come from the Saban tree in some shape or form.

Gattis - Coached at Alabama with Saban

Smith - Coached with Kiffin

Addae - Coached with Kirby

Peetz was an analyst at Alabama under Saban the year Gattis was there so that name makes a lot of sense

Are Kiffin and his people really from the Saban tree? That's like an NFL player recording his MNF intro piece and naming the last rehab center he stayed at instead of his college or high school.

"Aldon Smith, defensive lineman... Passages, Malibu."

Advertisement
The Bucs' QB just lost his job. Could be worth a call and he is building a house in Miami already!

I know this is the pipe dream of all pipe dreams. But I would at least make that call if I were Mario. Brady called his own plays for the most part.

John Constantine. Guy has been battling his own demons but really knows how to work with beasts and savages. Also his playbook is the Necrinomicon

Advertisement
Hearing Joe Yearby will be named QB coach as soon as tomorrow
He could teach our QB's to throw in bad weather.......IMHO the stupidest play call in Canes history......our QB's can't pass if its below 60 degrees and we have an rb passing in a blizzard......practically on the goal line.....still the NCAA record for most L's amassed on a single play,

Whipple would be my top choice.

Maybe give Syracuse’s QB coach a look? He was at UVA under Bronco and did wonders with Armstrong. After Bronco stepped down, Babers poached him.

Just an idea.

Advertisement
Back