Do we even have "bagmen"

If UM has bagmen, I doubt that the administration knows about it or would tolerate it if they did know. Just my opinion, of course. There are probably some alumni and others who would like to pay some players off, so maybe they are doing so.

Advertisement
If UM has bagmen, I doubt that the administration knows about it or would tolerate it if they did know. Just my opinion, of course. There are probably some alumni and others who would like to pay some players off, so maybe they are doing so.

Bagmen, regardless of school, do not operate w admin approval. There was an article recently w a pretty in depth interview w one from the sec.

Bagmen, regardless of school, do not operate w admin approval. There was an article recently w a pretty in depth interview w one from the sec.

Your statement supports mine.

Bagmen aren't known???

Where the **** have you people been?

Eddie Gran
Doc Holiday
Trooper Taylor
Eddie Lyles
Clint Hurtt

That's just off the top of my head, and just based on dudes who recently have either been seriously labeled as bagmen or outright proven as such.

Some porsters want to have some fun because Hartley looks like a cross between a computer programmer and an evil genius? Jesus Christ, let 'em have their fun.

Advertisement

Your statement supports mine.

Yes. It does. Thanks for noticing.

if it's getting done right we will never know

Unfortunately that's been our problem - between Uncle Luke and Nevin, our bagmen are looking for the spotlight.

and miami fans are so dumb they want to identify the "bagmen" on the internet

This^^^.Does anyone remember that we are finally finishing up with our sanctions/penalties that could have been far worse and there was even mention of us getting the death penalty at one time? I am amazed that in almost every post there is mention of a "bagman" and us paying players.I truly hope that is not the case or this program will not survive anymore sanctions.For the folks that insist on talking about it and constantly bringing it up I'm not sure what to say about that.We are not in the SEC where we can openly do that and never get caught.Quit talking about it.Geez.

Last edited:
You don't need to have a bagman. Miami will be always under a microscope. We need to win and if we do the perception will be that we not only have a bagman but a good one. And as they say, perception is reality.

Advertisement
Last time of known Bagman amonsgst the innet city was when we brought in Willie WIlliams...AFter that Ive heard of no known bagmen for the Canes...we did so much to get him in....I think he ruined it for us......

Last edited:
Last time of known Bagman amonsgst the innet city was when we brought in Willie WIlliams...AFter that Ive heard of no known bagmen for the Canes...we did so much to get him in....I think he ruined it for us......

Shapiro was a bagman.

The fact that you don't know of them, means they're doing their jobs the right way.

Advertisement

Shapiro was a bagman.

The fact that you don't know of them, means they're doing their jobs the right way.

Shapiro was a weezle dik douche who just wanted to be around players and former players. The only way he could accomplish that was to rip off everyone he came in contact with. Plus he needed attention so that disqualified him from being a reputable bagman.
Boosters of other teams have people travel 1000s of miles to drop off gifts for kids pledges and never really get a lot except great seats to the games

Everyone has a bagmen.... Miami's bagmen just happened to get caught...

Our bagmen were'nt the problem, the "boosters" were the problem. Shapiro, for example, was a **** cleat chaser who gave zero ***** about the program and just wanted to feel like a high roller. That's where the sec's real advantage is, boosters who only care about the program succeeding, and who wouldn't roll over on it.

Advertisement

Shapiro was a bagman.

Shapiro wasn't a bagman. A bagman is the staff intermediary who arranges and delivers benefits from boosters. Shapiro was a **** poor excuse for a booster.

if it's getting done right we will never know

Unfortunately that's been our problem - between Uncle Luke and Nevin, our bagmen are looking for the spotlight.

and miami fans are so dumb they want to identify the "bagmen" on the internet

This^^^.Does anyone remember that we are finally finishing up with our sanctions/penalties that could have been far worse and there was even mention of us getting the death penalty at one time? I am amazed that in almost every post there is mention of a "bagman" and us paying players.I truly hope that is not the case or this program will not survive anymore sanctions.For the folks that insist on talking about it and constantly bringing it up I'm not sure what to say about that.We are not in the SEC where we can openly do that and never get caught.Quit talking about it.Geez.

They think it's cool and edgy. We are hopefully on our way back to significance in ncaa football. I would hate for that to get tainted over some random reporter getting the idea from our fans that it is going on. Suddenly their little joke leads to more investigations.

Advertisement
Back