Do not know if posted but will post in case it was not

stb

Sophomore
"The low point was Saturday’s loss to Virginia Tech, when he (Quarterman) permitted tight end Dalton Keene to shake free for two touchdowns. UM naturally won’t disclose who was responsible for Keene’s three touchdowns. But Gould, who analyzes every play, said it appears Quarterman was responsible in coverage for two of Keene’s sizable catch-and-run touchdowns."

"Quarterman has four tackles for loss and one sack this season; last season, he had 14 and 5, respectively."

▪ Per Gould, Virginia Tech averaged 0.8 yards per play on defensive tackle Jordan Miller’s 19 snaps. No wonder defensive coach Blake Baker raved about Miller.

Advertisement
"The low point was Saturday’s loss to Virginia Tech, when he (Quarterman) permitted tight end Dalton Keene to shake free for two touchdowns. UM naturally won’t disclose who was responsible for Keene’s three touchdowns. But Gould, who analyzes every play, said it appears Quarterman was responsible in coverage for two of Keene’s sizable catch-and-run touchdowns."

"Quarterman has four tackles for loss and one sack this season; last season, he had 14 and 5, respectively."

▪ Per Gould, Virginia Tech averaged 0.8 yards per play on defensive tackle Jordan Miller’s 19 snaps. No wonder defensive coach Blake Baker raved about Miller.

19 snaps needs to be tripled

Advertisement

The problem is deeper than Quarterman.

He's been overrated his entire career based off what people assume his talent level should be as a starter all these years. He's just really honestly never improved much at all in 4 years.

Overrated.....

(2016) Freshman All-American by 3 different media outlets
(2017) All-ACC 2nd Team
(2018) All-ACC 1st Team

I agree he hasn't approved much, but it's silly saying a player is overrated with those accolades.

I don’t think he’s overrated. He’s good at run fits and he’s a great blitzer. He’s bad in coverage and he’s being exposed for big plays that probably weren’t made in the past because we got to the QB. Where I am most shocked is actually his missed tackles. That’s something I can quite figure out

Also - don’t run man coverage against a team that has a run first QB. Need to have eyes on him and be able to replace players. Maybe don’t run x stunt and strong side slants every play and put your linebackers in do or die situations for their fills. Finally, fire Blake Baker because he puts our players in terrible situations and sucks a bag of ****s

Advertisement
Shaq has been poo poo for some reason

I'll tell you why.

First off, I love Shaq. Kid is a cane at heart, comes from a great family and has been a stand up citizen since stepping foot on this campus. Howevah - where he struggles is in pass coverage and teams are starting to key in on that. Otherwise, I'll take Shaq 10x out of 10x

We're absolutely getting Cleveland Cavs era Shaq this season, but man, the LBs were doing some mind boggling, inexplicable **** last game.

I'm not sure how much of the blame is necessarily on 55.

This is from the same Miami Herald article--

▪ Walk-on Mike Parrott has beaten out Realus George at fullback and got seven snaps against the Hokies.

▪ A few interesting red zone notes from Gould: Offensive coordinator Dan Enos’ red zone TD percentage, as offensive coordinator at Arkansas, was 68 percent. It’s 58 percent so far at UM…

And Miami’s red zone TD percentage on defense has dropped to a disappointing 68.8 percent (11 TDs in 16 trips). That’s much worse than 51.3 percent in 2016, 54.8 in 2017 and 48.7 in 2018. No wonder Diaz is getting involved

Overrated.....

(2016) Freshman All-American by 3 different media outlets
(2017) All-ACC 2nd Team
(2018) All-ACC 1st Team

I agree he hasn't approved much, but it's silly saying a player is overrated with those accolades.
When you agree he hasn't improved much despite pointing out all those accolades you essentially 100% prove the point that he's overrated lol. I never said he wasn't a decent player, but he's nowhere near the player he gets credit for being. That was perfect validation.

Advertisement
When you agree he hasn't improved much despite pointing out all those accolades you essentially 100% prove the point that he's overrated lol. I never said he wasn't a decent player, but he's nowhere near the player he gets credit for being. That was perfect validation.

Then how about not living up to the expectations or not nearly realizing his potential.
OR
He was overrated and this year he's getting exposed.

Advertisement
This is from the same Miami Herald article--

▪ Walk-on Mike Parrott has beaten out Realus George at fullback and got seven snaps against the Hokies.

▪ A few interesting red zone notes from Gould: Offensive coordinator Dan Enos’ red zone TD percentage, as offensive coordinator at Arkansas, was 68 percent. It’s 58 percent so far at UM…

And Miami’s red zone TD percentage on defense has dropped to a disappointing 68.8 percent (11 TDs in 16 trips). That’s much worse than 51.3 percent in 2016, 54.8 in 2017 and 48.7 in 2018. No wonder Diaz is getting involved
Is not this defensive coordinator the one that mentioned he has not studied any of this teams recent defenses?

Advertisement
Back