Do I have to root for Jimbo?

Advertisement
Unintended consequence from this past week is that I now have to root for A&M to do well the rest of the season? That sucks.
On the flipside root for them to lose and maybe we scrape off a couple of DTs in the transfer portal

Don’t really care. Games done, we won and all I care about is who’s next. If we keep winning, we keep moving up.

Well, the hot Twitter story from two days ago was that the Oil Bigs who run A&M were ready to send Jimbo to Bama and grab Elko from Duke, which might not be better for us in the long run.

Elko is a great coach and will turn Duke into a problem for us in the long run. Nothing we can't handle, but something like UNC wrt Tobacco Road and their officialdom.

Plus, he's turning it into a **** good football team.

If they are 5-1 heading into bama and beat saban and we beat UNC.

Things are gonna be wild the following week

I don’t think we’re a playoff team so it likely won’t matter but yeah, playoff teams want the teams they beat to keep winning for resume purposes. So let’s go A&M

Advertisement
It is simple math. The more they win the more this becomes a true marquee OOC win. We want Miami (Ohio) to at least win their division if not the conference. Same with Temple in the American.

We do have recruiting battle with Saban so the Aggies can help us by knocking Bama out of the SEC West.

Last edited:
They would owe him $78 million if they let him go after this season. TAMU has money but its not f you money.
They have as much “ F U “ money as any program in the country. They print money there and that’s not counting the boosters. If he sucks this year or next they’d fire him and wipe their *** with every dollar they pay to buy him out.

Advertisement
They would owe him $78 million if they let him go after this season. TAMU has money but its not f you money.
Not many school in Texas are limited by finances. Most have F U money.

If we're undefeated it won't matter. No reason to root for them. Everyone knows they are full of 5 star talent. Dominating them physically sends enough of a message. It's a win-win: of that lose then great, **** em; if they win then we look better.

Think objectively about this. If TAMU goes 5-7 again, that win looks meh and will be discounted down the road when it comes to subjective rankings. On the other hand, if TAMU goes 9-3, that's a quality win. You have to want what's good for the program and what's good for the program is TAMU ending up a good team.

The team to root against is LSU. Let that FSU win look worse! I hope LSU doesn't win a game the rest of the year lol.

Won’t root for him, but I don’t mind rooting for the program. Possibly my favorite experiences with an opposing fan base ever. Those people are way more deserving of a winner than the dbags that root for teams like Bama and UF .

Spirit hands and all

Advertisement
I posted this Saturday, but does A&M even really need to pay Jimbo?

IIRC, Mike Leach spent the last decade of his life accepting every interview request that came his way as long as he could complain about how unfair it is that Texas as a state hasn't waived sovereign immunity for contract claims. Tech basically told him to ***** off when he asked for his buyout and there wasn't much he could do about it. Unless something changed, why would the situation be any different here?

Mike Leach spent the last decade of his life accepting every interview request that came his way as long as he could complain about how unfair it is that Texas as a state hasn't waived sovereign immunity for contract claims. Tech basically told him to ***** off when he asked for his buyout and there wasn't much he could do about it. Unless something changed, why would the situation be any different here?
They fired him for cause (Adam James incident). Didn't pay last four years of his contract. He also claimed they owed him for 2009 still. Not sure how that will shake out (payout to family) but it's a different situation altogether.

SEC is weak and they’re one of the more talented teams. I think they’ll be fine largely. Probably 7-5 or 8-4. Would take a lot of luck for 9-3.

Advertisement
Hope they go 8-4 just because that's their name.

If they suck, the win doesn't look as good, but if they suck, we might end up winning more recruiting battles against them and get a few of their guys to come to us next year in the portal since they've seen us up close and personal.

If they are good, it makes the win look better, but I don't think we are on the verge of the playoffs. Maybe it gets us a better bowl game, but maybe TVD, Kam, and Taylor don't even play in that bowl game.

All in all, its hard to say what it means right now, other than to say it gives our guys a boost in confidence and puts our program in a favorable light.

They fired him for cause (Adam James incident). Didn't pay last four years of his contract. He also claimed they owed him for 2009 still. Not sure how that will shake out (payout to family) but it's a different situation altogether.
Right. And the issue was Leach wasn’t even really able to get any legitimate review of that in court given the non-waiver of SI. Wonder if some “cause” pops up here in a few months.

Advertisement
Back