Do current Canes hate UF?

Dghustla

Junior
I know the Fans still hate the Gators. A lot of the current players were in elementary-middle school the last time this game was relevant in the mid 2000s. Do you think these current players have a pure hatred for those ***** *** flopping gayturds?

For example Tracy Howard he made the 'gator chomp" gesture in a few of his high school games. Was recruited and considered a Gator lock. I know he is ALL CANES 100% Orange & Green now. But does he hate UF? When he watches film of Dumbar does he want to rip his head off?

Advertisement
Great question...although I could have just come on hear and belittled it and negged it like the immature folks like to do. I really don't know if the attitude is the same as the old days. I tend to believe these Canes have a greater desire to beat the Noles who we see every year and win the ACC. I don't view the Gainesville Gates as a rival either, I see them as an arrogant SEC team who think they are better than UM because of all the factors people try to down the Canes about (money, facilities, NCAA,...they think they are better and don't stink because they are in the SEC). I just don't know how these Young Men feel as these Canes are schooled well on political correctness which indicates a great amount of self-discipline which I believe will help them pull this thing off Saturday. I believe these Canes want to beat the Gates not because it's the Gates, but for what it will do for the U from a national perspective--RESPECT!

When was the last time our team played with so much hate that we did or nearly were about to get into a huge brawl? It seams like Miami in the past had a lot of games where our players rushed the field about to throw down.

We don't play them enough or recently for these young guys to understand the hate we have since we seen it.

I'm sure they understand its a big rival that needs their full attention and implications to beating an instate rival but I doubt anyone on the team has just utter hate for the gaytor as we do and itching for a throw down

Advertisement
With social media it's so easy for fans and players to talk **** to eachother, if they didn't hate UiF when they got here, they do now. Bet that.

That hasnt really been the sentiment from the team. Could be coached up to not admit that. Coley said he didn't even know anyone on the team anyways. The kids aren't as emotionally moved as we are about this rivalry but I think its safe to say that they understand its importance however.

That hasnt really been the sentiment from the team. Could be coached up to not admit that. Coley said he didn't even know anyone on the team anyways. The kids aren't as emotionally moved as we are about this rivalry but I think its safe to say that they understand its importance however.

Golden understands our history as much as anyone on the planet. I wonder who he brings in to speak to the team and hammer home the hatred?

Advertisement
Great question...although I could have just come on hear and belittled it and negged it like the immature folks like to do. I really don't know if the attitude is the same as the old days. I tend to believe these Canes have a greater desire to beat the Noles who we see every year and win the ACC. I don't view the Gainesville Gates as a rival either, I see them as an arrogant SEC team who think they are better than UM because of all the factors people try to down the Canes about (money, facilities, NCAA,...they think they are better and don't stink because they are in the SEC). I just don't know how these Young Men feel as these Canes are schooled well on political correctness which indicates a great amount of self-discipline which I believe will help them pull this thing off Saturday. I believe these Canes want to beat the Gates not because it's the Gates, but for what it will do for the U from a national perspective--RESPECT!

Turds not a rival? wtf

I have no doubt that Golden understands it, but the OP was refering to the kids not the coaches if I read that correctly.

Golden understands our history as much as anyone on the planet. I wonder who he brings in to speak to the team and hammer home the hatred?

**** THEM! WE DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THIS :neonu:

[video=youtube;I82BPA5QAaQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82BPA5QAaQ[/video]

Canefan235 and CanesGotSWAG! got some silly shtick going on. Disregard them.

Advertisement
I have no doubt that Golden understands it, but the OP was refering to the kids not the coaches if I read that correctly.

Right, just continuing the point you made and the one I made in the other post. If they don't have it when they get here, they will drive it home. Nothing you don't already know, just saying. Maybe he brings in the usual suspects and throws in Brock for good measure?

From whatever interaction I've had with current players, they're extremely removed from not only rivalries, but pretty much everything in what we know as the college football world. As one example, some of them had no idea Matt Jones was sick or what had happened with their LB being arrested/suspended. It seems they're so busy and into whatever they're doing that this is much different for them.

I might be surprised if we don't see a Ray Lewis sighting...even if he doesn't speak. Love to see Irvin swing back thru too!

Right, just continuing the point you made and the one I made in the other post. If they don't have it when they get here, they will drive it home. Nothing you don't already know, just saying. Maybe he brings in the usual suspects and throws in Brock for good measure?

Advertisement
From whatever interaction I've had with current players, they're extremely removed from not only rivalries, but pretty much everything in what we know as the college football world. As one example, some of them had no idea Matt Jones was sick or what had happened with their LB being arrested/suspended. It seems they're so busy and into whatever they're doing that this is much different for them.

I think that is a good thing, maybe even great

The Ghost of Walt Kichefski will address the team Friday night. Trust me, they will hate "The Gator" on Saturday.

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 5m

Hey #Canes FB Maurice Hagens do you hate #Florida as much as you hate #FSU? "I hate both of them." Why? "They're not us."

HE GETS IT!

Advertisement
Back