Do coaches get a free pass bashing to media?

Cane2

Band
Banned
Trayone Gray, Jermaine Grace and Terry McCray—were suspended by Al Golden who reported it that “they were not taking care” of some of their academic affairs. The LBs took care of their academics and went back on the field, while Trayone is still attending to his college class work. Trayone of course had a hard life qualifying academically, and Lawdy what exceptions were made to get him into this last class. Now, comes the coaching rat-ting out players to the media.

“His teammates are irate. Puts a stress on a lot of different components, whether it’s special teams or their position or the defense. It puts stress,” Al Golden declared. Some guys have to learn two positions, some guys have to take more reps. … Nobody should have to do that. You’ve got to handle your business. Trayone Gray was still out today. I’m not pleased where that is and he knows what he needs to do.”

And of course Golden's coaching buddy D'Onofrio had to chime in, “The guys who have to deal with it are the other linebackers, right? When two guys don’t take care of their business and they’re not on the field, the other linebackers get a little unhappy, especially if it’s 82 degrees and humid and they have to take all the reps. But we’ll deal with it. That’s part of the lesson, that practice is going to go on.”

Now the whole world knows that poor Trayone is mightily struggling in the class room. Heck, UM staff had to know, the kid took forever to struggle to pass extra classes and bring up his grades to UM level of academic acceptance. The kid may not be too quick in grasping effectively a whole mother load of hard college courses, at least not yet...without much challenge. Trayone might trip on turning in all that college Algebra but could struggle back on track, as did the other two players. But now, thanks to his coaches, the whole world, family, friends, and fellow students alike, know that these guys are having a hard to “take care of their business” for their class rooms.

With the coaches spelling it all out there so blatantly and so specifically, these players can easily be be looked upon as lazy, sloths, and undisciplined.

But at worse and most certainly. the coaches now portray their own trio of players as inconsiderate and irresponsible.

Yet, when players mentioned something directly to the media, the coaches feigned that they know nothing of what the players had said and felt. “Oh, well, I guess that's how it is with social medial these days...hum, it's an internal matter...but I'll let you all know when we find out more.” Coaches lament how the players put stuff out on media without telling and settling with them (coaches) first. So, is this a double standard?

Advertisement
So you are trying to say that once again Gorlden and Doritos are throwing players under the bus?

Fat *** should have said, "Each player is dealing with private matters to get back on the field. So far they are on track and doing well."

I've never seen anyone less media savvy then fat *** and ********.

Advertisement
I have never wished more ill will on anyone else in my life. I fuggin hate dorito and Golden.

These SOB's are horrible in every single facet of their job.

Sick and tired of watching these incompetent corches throwing players under the bus. Assuming that the kids are trying to learn, how does that compare to a staph mired in mediocrity; passing on a culture of not letting on that they don't know squat about coaching football. Four years of mediocrity is proof enough.

What they're really doing is lining up excuses for the upcoming losses.

So you're condoning players' not going to class? Has UM become Free Shoes now with fake classes, etc.? These players should also be called out by their teammates for stupidity.

Advertisement
Would have been nice is SOMEONE in the media would have press Al about how much worse HIS horrible attrition rate makes thing for the team. Also, maybe something like "Many were surprised to see Gray not redshirted last year in light of his KNOW academic issue for the sake of a few plays. Do you regret that mistake and take some of the responsibility?" I already cannot wait for the season to be over.

So you're condoning players' not going to class? Has UM become Free Shoes now with fake classes, etc.? These players should also be called out by their teammates for stupidity.
Ur a bich. Who said anything about condoning it? Wtf is Golden blabbing to the media about this?

Would have been nice is SOMEONE in the media would have press Al about how much worse HIS horrible attrition rate makes thing for the team. Also, maybe something like "Many were surprised to see Gray not redshirted last year in light of his KNOW academic issue for the sake of a few plays. Do you regret that mistake and take some of the responsibility?" I already cannot wait for the season to be over.

This right here.

Hey, maybe taking care of business is merely defined as showing up for class, attending sessions with tutors and study halls.

Advertisement
Its the players responsibility to go to class and get good grades. for christs sake, thats ALLL they go there for, football n school. Not only that but pre-reqs are easy as **** AND he is a football player!! they have soooooo many resources to help them. its disappointing cuz they are all players that can contribute.

Advertisement
Folden doesn't take care of business in recruiting or retention of the guys who actually do sign. If he did, then losing a couple guys here or there wouldn't be cause for him to eviscerate them publicly.

Our numbers are low at certain positions all because of Folden's failures. Gray wouldn't even be a RB here if Folden hadn't failed so horribly recruiting that position.

the other linebackers get a little unhappy, especially if it’s 82 degrees and humid and they have to take all the reps.

giphy (43).gif

Sick and tired of watching these incompetent corches throwing players under the bus. Assuming that the kids are trying to learn, how does that compare to a staph mired in mediocrity; passing on a culture of not letting on that they don't know squat about coaching football. Four years of mediocrity is proof enough.

BINGO!!! I promise you, when the defense gives up *** this year, Golden will circle back to this. He will say, "well, our LBs, unfortunatley were learning two different positions to make up for guys not taking care of business in the class rooms, and they didn't have the full practice at their position that we wanted and it was evident on the field." Something along those lines...trust me.

BINGO!!! I promise you, when the defense gives up *** this year, Golden will circle back to this. He will say, "well, our LBs, unfortunatley were learning two different positions to make up for guys not taking care of business in the class rooms, and they didn't have the full practice at their position that we wanted and it was evident on the field." Something along those lines...trust me.

He can make all the excuses that he wants to but all that will matter is the W's and L's on the Win and Loss column. If he Get enough L's, he should be fired!

Advertisement
Back