DMoney?

canesdude

Freshman
Do you have info thru your sources if the NCAA investigation is done and we are waiting on the NOA or is there still an ongoing investigation at this time? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Shannon was interviewed recently. The most recent Sean Allen allegations have already been investigated.

From my understanding, the basketball investigation is more complex and is what's holding things up.

Will they not issue the different sports independently of one another?

Also, are the violations seen as an entire athletic department thus cause for alarm for the football program based upon what has been discussed by the basketball program? or do you feel we (football) will be punished based solely on the wrong-doings of football and football alone. Thanks.

Shannon was interviewed recently. The most recent Sean Allen allegations have already been investigated.

From my understanding, the basketball investigation is more complex and is what's holding things up.

Thank you sir.

Since the penalties are going to be to each program why can't they be given at different times? What is the hold-up with the basketball investigation?

Advertisement
I could be wrong - but I believe the USC Reggie Bush/OJ Mayo violations were combined in one "lack of institutional control" investigation. I would think they're doing the same here as Shapiro had ties to both.

Well who would they blame the "lack of institutional control" on if they accuse us of it? Everyone responsible has either left or been fired. Go after the individuals, not the institution. Frank Haith should be given the Bruce Pearl treatment.

Well who would they blame the "lack of institutional control" on if they accuse us of it? Everyone responsible has either left or been fired. Go after the individuals, not the institution. Frank Haith should be given the Bruce Pearl treatment.

How do you think Penn State feels?

I agree, but Penn State's problem was TOO MUCH institutional control. Hence why they were able to cover it up for so long.

Ps- How there are still zero SEC schools being investigated is beyond me.

Advertisement
the basketball part is what i believe will ***** us. i think being that both bball and football were involved they will try to hit us with LOIC, similar to usc. hopefully not the 2 year ban and 30 ships but i could see something close.hopefully more like the OSU sanctions.

crossover22[]_[];661214 said:
the basketball part is what i believe will ***** us. i think being that both bball and football were involved they will try to hit us with LOIC, similar to usc. hopefully not the 2 year ban and 30 ships but i could see something close.hopefully more like the OSU sanctions.

I'd gladly sacrifice basketball to save football.

crossover22[]_[];661214 said:

I'd gladly sacrifice basketball to save football.

i agree fully. i just believe the ncaa will try to paint a picture like the entire sports program was in the wrong.

I agree, but Penn State's problem was TOO MUCH institutional control. Hence why they were able to cover it up for so long.

They are busy knocking down on those Boise St thugs

Advertisement

They are busy knocking down on those Boise St thugs

For real....that juggernaut Boise St tennis team was out of control.

Will they not issue the different sports independently of one another?

Also, are the violations seen as an entire athletic department thus cause for alarm for the football program based upon what has been discussed by the basketball program? or do you feel we (football) will be punished based solely on the wrong-doings of football and football alone. Thanks.

Only if administration was involved. Coaches and players can violate rules all day but the University will never get hit with Lack of control if no one was involved from an administrative stand point. If a University did not foster an environment where corrupt activity could easily take place, only the individuals who committed the violations are punished. A school should have checks and balances to prevent any wrong doing from happening. If someone bent the rules that is not on the University.... Because with check and balances a person would need to go to great lengths to violate the rules.

For example, if you had a clothing store and you put in safe guards to protect the merchandise, such as cameras at all doors, training staff on how to look for suspicious activity, electronic tags on all doors, Electronic machines at the doors, Human security, and inventory checks daily would be the equivalent of a University who monitors their program. If someone where to find a way to steal merchandise it would not be your fault because they would have had to go to great lengths to get pass all of the checks and balances you created. Same goes for a University.

No lets sat you had nothing in your store to prevent a theft it would be all your fault. The reason would be simple. How were you preventing theft when you had nothing in place to prevent theft from happening. This goes for a University. If nothing was in place to prevent or alarm the University of violations than they will be held accountable.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back