Dmoney on Lightfoot, JScott, Moten, and Wilson.

By all means if they get first or second round grades, I’m not gonna blame anybody for leaving.
But anything less than that I would see how much bigger I can get, how much faster I can get, and how to improve my draft stock.
Making money, living in Miami, is something that you can guarantee for at least one more year.
There’s different ways that you can bet on yourself. It can be Greg Russo, or you can be all the other late round pics and udfa that never saw even an entire season of NFL football.
For sure. But no recent example of well NIL paid guys entering the draft. Most recent is probably Leonard Taylor and James Williams in 23' and NIL then and Miami Culture aint what it is now.
 
I can see them all leaving but we badly need Lightfoot and Scott to come back.

If their grade is day 2, maybe they indeed come back for another year.

Fletcher and Moten both came back and they both would have gotten drafted after last season
 
Heavens to megatroid.

Some of yall need an SSRI for the neuroticism that compels you to project your anxieties on the rest of us on the board by starting a panic thread like this in ******* October.
 
Screenshot 2026-10-08 at 5.56.43 PM.png


Not at all surprised by Lightfoot's current trajectory, but even so, entirely too early to make a call. Let's see how he performs for the remainder of the season, if we're talking 1st round pick.
 
Wilson, Moten, and Fletcher will 100% leave.

Mensah imo is definitely not a lock to enter the draft. If he's not a likely 1st rounder (Which arm strength may hold him back from), his pay is 10000% maximized by staying here another year. Like its not even close. And we would obviously value him as the highest paid player in CFB next yr tbh. Especially to maximize Toneys 3rd+final year.

Justin Scott is likely to leave imo. I think even if hes viewed as more of a 2nd rounder post CFP, he will still declare. Ultimately his talent and Likely athleticism will have him as a riser in the draft process. As of now Echoles, Stone, Moten.... Right now he might be more like the 4th DT? Maybe 5th if Amauri Washington... I think unless he's getting feedback he's more like 3rd rounder, he'll be gone. BUT we gotta do what we can to retain him. DT is already looking like potentially the most importantant or 2nd most (after OT?) non-qb portal need.

Samson is the biggest decision along with Scott to returning or not as far as possible. IF he gets feedback that he isn't an NFL OT after just 1 yr, I do actually think it's possible. After all he will only basically have 1.5yrs of experience after this season. And it's not like he's been perfect. He still needs a lot of experience especially if he really wants to be an OT at the next level and not just immediately be pushed inside.

Lightfoot should/will return. Gameplan should be for him to gain another 5-10lbs and go next year. I mean if he's a clear 1st, yeah he should probably go, I'm just very doubtful he will be after 1 real yr of film especially given his weight currently.

O'Connor at his current pace is gone to NFL especially since this is his 4th yr (unlike OJ+Lucas).
 
Lightfoot leaving would be laughable. He’s making plays but I’d imagine he’d have a 6-7 round draft grade. Scott needs to flash more. Blount’s reps in the Clemson game were awful . He had to be banged up because his get off was beyond horrible.
 
Wilson, Moten, and Fletcher will 100% leave.

Mensah imo is definitely not a lock to enter the draft. If he's not a likely 1st rounder (Which arm strength may hold him back from), his pay is 10000% maximized by staying here another year. Like its not even close. And we would obviously value him as the highest paid player in CFB next yr tbh. Especially to maximize Toneys 3rd+final year.

Justin Scott is likely to leave imo. I think even if hes viewed as more of a 2nd rounder post CFP, he will still declare. Ultimately his talent and Likely athleticism will have him as a riser in the draft process. As of now Echoles, Stone, Moten.... Right now he might be more like the 4th DT? Maybe 5th if Amauri Washington... I think unless he's getting feedback he's more like 3rd rounder, he'll be gone. BUT we gotta do what we can to retain him. DT is already looking like potentially the most importantant or 2nd most (after OT?) non-qb portal need.

Samson is the biggest decision along with Scott to returning or not as far as possible. IF he gets feedback that he isn't an NFL OT after just 1 yr, I do actually think it's possible. After all he will only basically have 1.5yrs of experience after this season. And it's not like he's been perfect. He still needs a lot of experience especially if he really wants to be an OT at the next level and not just immediately be pushed inside.

Lightfoot should/will return. Gameplan should be for him to gain another 5-10lbs and go next year. I mean if he's a clear 1st, yeah he should probably go, I'm just very doubtful he will be after 1 real yr of film especially given his weight currently.

O'Connor at his current pace is gone to NFL especially since this is his 4th yr (unlike OJ+Lucas).
Would be very surprised if Samson returns. Unless his season falls apart, he's tracking toward a borderline 1st round pick. A big ND game against Traore and then some other marquee matchups, where we need him to do well anyway, would probably solidify it.
 
Lightfoot is having one of the biggest jumps I’ve seen in a year. Dude’s a MONSTER. Pass rush is at a premium.
He was good last year, its just that Bain and Mesidor never came off the field. Lightfoot made some plays in his limited opportunities though.
Louisville ran right at him and treated him like a hoe. He’s owning POA now not squeezing backside.
 
This is the result of recruiting and developing good football players. It’s really a good problem to have. It helps you to continue to recruit and develop good football players.
 
Moten and Wilson 100% gone. If the other two leave it means we had an amazing season. Guys aren't leaving to be 6th rounders anymore. Enjoy them while they are here.
 
Seems like Lightfoot’s amped it up another gear.
He kinda reminds me of Rousseau. If the draft was today..
I don’t think he’d go before 3rd or 4th round. Idk. I might be wrong.
 
Would be very surprised if Samson returns. Unless his season falls apart, he's tracking toward a borderline 1st round pick. A big ND game against Traore and then some other marquee matchups, where we need him to do well anyway, would probably solidify it.
I think it's probably likely he leaves. I would not be surprised at all though.
 
Back
Top