D'Mauri Jones and Corn Elder to play on the BBall team

Hate to hear that about Corn. He's our most natural football player at CB and wanted to see him and Artie take the next step next season. This will limit his time to dedicate there.
IIRC, being able to play both football and basketball here was a key draw and probably the only reason Golden was able to flip him at the 11th hour. In other words, we either have to live with Corn being a 2 sport athlete or we probably wouldn't have him at all.

You're right. That said, there aren't a lot of 5'10" guys in the NBA. His life and his call. Selfishly I just wish he was focusing on football.

Hi

View attachment 29051

Nice pic, but there's still not a lot of 5'10" players in the league.

In 2013, there was 16 players in the NBA under 6'. But there' splenty of 5'10 players in college and Corn was playing both from the start. He was Mr Basketball and Mr Football in TN.

Advertisement
Hopefully, they learn something about how to prepare and conduct themselves from Coach L.

Advertisement
IIRC, being able to play both football and basketball here was a key draw and probably the only reason Golden was able to flip him at the 11th hour. In other words, we either have to live with Corn being a 2 sport athlete or we probably wouldn't have him at all.

You're right. That said, there aren't a lot of 5'10" guys in the NBA. His life and his call. Selfishly I just wish he was focusing on football.

Hi

View attachment 29051

In 2013, there was 16 players in the NBA under 6'. But there' splenty of 5'10 players in college and Corn was playing both from the start. He was Mr Basketball and Mr Football in TN.

Ok, so that means that in 2013, 0.03% of players in the NBA were under 6', which proves his point, that their aren't that many 5'10" players in the league. Also, he never mentioned college, he said the NBA.

Last edited:
Hate to hear that about Corn. He's our most natural football player at CB and wanted to see him and Artie take the next step next season. This will limit his time to dedicate there.

Hi

View attachment 29051

Yes, and Spud Webb and Muggsy Bogues. Statistics.

They are no longer on the basketball team. They realized how difficult practicing to win games was and left the team. D'Mauri realized "well, maybe I need to just concentrate on football.

Advertisement

Hi

View attachment 29051

Ok, so that means that in 2013, 0.03% of players in the NBA were under 6', which proves his point, that their aren't that many 5'10" players in the league. Also, he never mentioned college, he said the NBA.

Are the Miami Hurricanes an NBA team or are they a f'n NCAA team? Just because some dumbass is arguing against a guy playing college basketball because of his height relevant to the NBA, doesn't mean it means a god **** thing to do with him playing basketball and football at Miami. How many 5'10 170lbs anybodies are in the NFL either? Answer? I don't care i just care if he plays corner at UM well.

Its our schools job to make our players good in college, not in the pros. Right now Golden trains our players to play like **** in college and start in the pros, but personally I'll go with Urban Meyers attitude of, its not my job to prep you for the NFL its my job to win in college.

Hi

View attachment 29051

Yes, and Spud Webb and Muggsy Bogues. Statistics.

It was a joke, since one of the best players Miami has had since the program came back from the dead is listed at 5-11 (which is laughable).

Are the Miami Hurricanes an NBA team or are they a f'n NCAA team? Just because some dumbass is arguing against a guy playing college basketball because of his height relevant to the NBA, doesn't mean it means a god **** thing to do with him playing basketball and football at Miami. How many 5'10 170lbs anybodies are in the NFL either? Answer? I don't care i just care if he plays corner at UM well.

Its our schools job to make our players good in college, not in the pros. Right now Golden trains our players to play like **** in college and start in the pros, but personally I'll go with Urban Meyers attitude of, its not my job to prep you for the NFL its my job to win in college.

You mad bro?!? Anywho, I believe the gentleman was simply stating that he has a better shot of being a professional athlete playing football rather than basketball, so why not focus on one instead of two.

Advertisement

You mad bro?!? Anywho, I believe the gentleman was simply stating that he has a better shot of being a professional athlete playing football rather than basketball, so why not focus on one instead of two.

Because HE wants to play both. And BOTH COACHES will let him play. I'd say that about sums it up.

obamabasketball.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back