DLU: The New Breed.

Gents, be ready for a new breed of defensive line. Hungry, physical, alpha males with that old Miami SPEED.

When's the last time you saw a DLine out-burn everyone on the track? Future is bright gents.

[TWEET]840683948908851200[/TWEET]

Advertisement
****! I almost feel sorry for opposing quarterbacks.... on second thought, *** em.

Advertisement
I have no idea where Diaz and Kool will put him but **** its a great problem to have...
Weak Side behind Joe Jackson, also getting in on packages on pass rush downs...

You could put him on the Strong side as well behind Chad Thomas, but DJack is gonna play a lot in that spot as well.

Either way, both him & Garvin should be playing this year, in the backup role & speed rush packages on 3rd & long downs.

Last edited:
What the fvck? Those were 7 year olds he was racing right? I mean, he can't be that much bigger and that much faster than kids his age. That just wouldn't be fair.

He was running against kids that look like they are on the debate team. Come on man. LOL

Advertisement
What the fvck? Those were 7 year olds he was racing right? I mean, he can't be that much bigger and that much faster than kids his age. That just wouldn't be fair.
Most track athletes aren't 6'5 245lbs, so of course he's gonna make other kids his age look like 7 year olds.

I have no idea where Diaz and Kool will put him but **** its a great problem to have...

You could put him on the Strong side as well behind Chad Thomas, but DJack is gonna play a lot in that spot as well.

Either way, both him & Garvin should be playing this year, in the backup role & speed rush packages on 3rd & long downs.
I'd place him at SSDE behind Chad (the starter) and D-Jax. See where he goes from there. Garvin would be behind Joe Jackson (starter) and Trent Harris. Add in Bethel and Patchan.

If there's a better DE depth chart, please show me.

New name should be NightmareU....that's all opposing offenses will be having for the foreseeable future

Sde. Garvin on the weakside.

Advertisement
@LuCane, here's how I have it...

SDE - Chad Thomas/ Demetrius Jackson/ Jonathan Garvin/ Scott Patchan

DT - RJ McIntosh/ Gerald Willis/ Pat Bethel/ Anthony Moten

DT - Kendrick Norton/ Tyreic Martin / Jon Ford/

WDE - Joe Jackson/ D.J. Johnson/ Trent Harris/ Pat Bethel

You can swap all these guys on either side, but I think because guys like Trent & DJack can play all along the line you put DJ behind JJ early on because he'll see the field more that way.

Same with Garvin, with him being an EE even though he's listed as a SDE, stylistically he's more of a Weak Side, but Idk if you put both the Frosh on the same side as backups.

Idk how much sense it makes to have both Garvin & DJ on the same side... But again, basically every single one of our DL's can play both SDE & WDE, plus a couple of them can kick inside as well.

They wont be on the same side. And somebody aint playing this year. 8 DEs and only 2 spots. There is no way all 8 guys play.

You can swap all these guys on either side, but I think because guys like Trent & DJack can play all along the line you put DJ behind JJ early on because he'll see the field more that way.

Same with Garvin, with him being an EE even though he's listed as a SDE, stylistically he's more of a Weak Side, but Idk if you put both the Frosh on the same side as backups.

Idk how much sense it makes to have both Garvin & DJ on the same side... But again, basically every single one of our DL's can play both SDE & WDE, plus a couple of them can kick inside as well.

They wont be on the same side. And somebody aint playing this year. 8 DEs and only 2 spots. There is no way all 8 guys play.

We'll have at least a couple injuries and a kid like Bethel will move inside. All 8 will see playing time at some point. DJ and Garvin aint redshirting unless they're busts.

We had a lot of injuries on the DLine last year, so I wouldn't rule just anyone out yet... Part of the reason why we lost to Va Tech is because we had so many guys out that week.

Plus, Garvin is an EE & DJ is good enough to play... Neither of them are going to start, but it's not out of the question they get some PT this year, even if it's just situational snaps.

Jon Ford will probably redshirt though, I highly doubt he'll see the field at all & he needs it more than any of the young DL's.

Advertisement
10.6 was his reported fastest time

Is that for real?

Bring it on life.jpg

Advertisement
Back