DLU: The New Breed.

Advertisement
DLU.

DLU.jpg

What the fvck? Those were 7 year olds he was racing right? I mean, he can't be that much bigger and that much faster than kids his age. That just wouldn't be fair.
Most track athletes aren't 6'5 245lbs, so of course he's gonna make other kids his age look like 7 year olds.

So maybe 300lbs is ideal? Nice round shape to cut right through the wind.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I sure hope for the other guys sake that DJ is just sprinting the first leg of a 5k. Otherwise, he just embarrassed them.

Come fall practice the best players will be determined. I don't think we're at a depth point to be holding back better talent, but a good case can be made that is the case at DE. Remember you get 3 years out of the top nfl caliber talents. If he beats out a first teamer or backup then put your best talent on the field.

Advertisement
Wish I could find the tweet but Porter tweeted it a few months back.
I said no way he's running that

Advertisement
@LuCane, here's how I have it...

SDE - Chad Thomas/ Demetrius Jackson/ Jonathan Garvin/ Scott Patchan

DT - RJ McIntosh/ Gerald Willis/ Pat Bethel/ Anthony Moten

DT - Kendrick Norton/ Tyreic Martin / Jon Ford/

WDE - Joe Jackson/ D.J. Johnson/ Trent Harris/ Pat Bethel

You can swap all these guys on either side, but I think because guys like Trent & DJack can play all along the line you put DJ behind JJ early on because he'll see the field more that way.

Same with Garvin, with him being an EE even though he's listed as a SDE, stylistically he's more of a Weak Side, but Idk if you put both the Frosh on the same side as backups.

Idk how much sense it makes to have both Garvin & DJ on the same side... But again, basically every single one of our DL's can play both SDE & WDE, plus a couple of them can kick inside as well.

They wont be on the same side. And somebody aint playing this year. 8 DEs and only 2 spots. There is no way all 8 guys play.

We'll have at least a couple injuries and a kid like Bethel will move inside. All 8 will see playing time at some point. DJ and Garvin aint redshirting unless they're busts.

I think we are just excited we haven't had this much momentum and these type of depth in a long time... I think we have solid depth and some of these guys will probably redshirt or play ST. But for their work ethic and skills they will be rewarded mostly with special teams play... Remember Sean Taylor played special teams because we had depth. I'm ok with them not playing this year... If they are in the games it could be that its a blow out or injury has taken its toll. But other than that they should be spared for next year.

hes a sde....will fight with D Jack n Pat Bethel for reps..Not a redshirt guy though..

Advertisement
Back