DL Rotation

Advertisement
With the addition of Roche and Jaelan Phillips, we have to have one of best starting DL in the nation.

GR15, Roche, and Phillips have the potential to be first rounders. Nesta has all the tools to be considered with the 3 players previously mentioned. Ford and Miller should be able to hold their own with anyone by now. Harvey, JHH, Blisset, and Holley are all exceptional athletes for their size.

I figure, with the new O and KING, we'll be putting up some points this year. I cant wait to see these 4 pin their ear back and get upfield..

DE - Roche
DT - GR15
NT - Nesta
DE- Phillips

These 4 rushing the QB together should help out our DBS alot!!!

Sounds good, but what has phillips done in college football yet for you to be penciling him in already, how bout we see him play first. And dont sleep on cameron williams either in the near future, may end up out playing harvey.

But we do have alot of legitimate personnel on defense, for all those complaining about recruiting, defensively, we are strong, if healthy, we got 4 strong db's led by ivey, who now fully understands what has to be done. We got a strong safety tandem in hall and bolden, the only unit that will have to prove itself is the linebacking unit, and sam brooks is a tackling machine, who else wants to ball out, cause for real, patrick joyner right now, is probably the best middle linebacker we gave on the team. We definitely wont be that young on defense, if they stick with the striker position, than frierson is an upgrade over finley, i still want us to get back to playing with 3 linebackers, we got enuff guys now to do that! As long as the defense plays up to standard, its going to start being harder for teams to move the ball on this defense, with alot these guys going into their 3rd year, once they see how dominant this defense can be, we'll have trevor lawrence running for his Life, i told people last season, lawrence is not good under pressure and had we made it to the ACC championship game with that gwIII led d-line, Clemson would've had problems for a lil while, but lil feagles would've helped them out!

Why do we keep mentioning Nesta in any starting unit? Dude had not shown anything on the field to be an starter..nothing period.

everyone is in love with his “savageness” but that **** is not yielding on field results yet ...hope he will though

He should have redshirted last year or his freshman year, by him not being the biggest d-tackle in the world, and those young guns behind him are ready to start getting in on the feeding frenzy!

Advertisement
It's going to be a 2017 type of year for our defense. DL penetration is the most crucial part of making this scheme work and this is the best DL Manny's had here. Maybe in his career.

Advertisement
The fact that you left Harvey out says a lot. LOL

What it says I only showed 2 deep and took my best guess of that. Would you prefer a 3 deep list? I didn’t list Hunte or Holley either but expect one of them to get minutes since we rotated 5 DTs last year.

If Phillips doesn’t come back healthy I could see Harvey backing Roche and being the 2nd DE when Rousseau kicks inside. I listed Patchan ahead bc he played more this year and is a better run defender, so I can see him logging snaps on early downs.

On paper, we are stacked on the Dline. It’s a good problem to have. Harvey and others will have their chance but are all young yet. I would love to see him take the next step like Garvin and Rousseau did in their 2nd year but he was hesitant in the bowl game so I need a little more before projecting him above others.

at the end of the day i know this staff is gonna have patchan in on 1st and maybe even second downs that its an obvious run, hate that it takes snaps away from kids like phillips and harvey but patchan is good vs the run. I really would wanna us to implement a package of sorts where roche phillips Rousseau and harvey are all rushing the passer.

Rousseau, Roche and Phillips need to be getting majority of the snaps at dend plus Harvey

Advertisement
What it says I only showed 2 deep and took my best guess of that. Would you prefer a 3 deep list? I didn’t list Hunte or Holley either but expect one of them to get minutes since we rotated 5 DTs last year.

If Phillips doesn’t come back healthy I could see Harvey backing Roche and being the 2nd DE when Rousseau kicks inside. I listed Patchan ahead bc he played more this year and is a better run defender, so I can see him logging snaps on early downs.

On paper, we are stacked on the Dline. It’s a good problem to have. Harvey and others will have their chance but are all young yet. I would love to see him take the next step like Garvin and Rousseau did in their 2nd year but he was hesitant in the bowl game so I need a little more before projecting him above others.

I guess I worded my post wrong. I was saying it speaks volumes that one of the hottest names coming out of spring last year didn't make your 2 deep and that's a Good Thing!!! Sorry for the confusion.

Rousseau, Roche and Phillips need to be getting majority of the snaps at dend plus Harvey
your lying to yourself if you dont think patchan stealing some.... buddy aint work his *** off to get the 6th year for nothing

your lying to yourself if you dont think patchan stealing some.... buddy aint work his *** off to get the 6th year for nothing
He’s the least talented player in the room. Honestly he needs to be looking at grad transferring, just looking out for him

Advertisement
He’s the least talented player in the room. Honestly he needs to be looking at grad transferring, just looking out for him
dont disagree with that statement in the slightest... but this was the same story last year when he avereged 30 snaps a game

Stryker - Roche, Phillips
Stryker - Ford, Blissett
Stryker - Miller, Nesta
Stryker - Rousseau, Patchan

Why do we keep mentioning Nesta in any starting unit? Dude had not shown anything on the field to be an starter..nothing period.

everyone is in love with his “savageness” but that **** is not yielding on field results yet ...hope he will though
None of the DTs should be a shoo-in to start. Should be a completely wide open competition.

Advertisement
Back