2024 DL Kamarion Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franklin is very realistic. Breland not as much. Today I’d say UGA Vs UM but Franklin , Jackson and Jones are safer bets if I had to lay down money. Regardless I think we have a very good DL class but not the wet dream certain people sold because they want clicks and subs.
Man sign me all the way the **** up for that class

Advertisement
It is. Imagine going head to head vs. a back to back championship program after a 5-7 season. Not many coaches would even be in this position, let alone win it. Let’s let this play out.

Now this is what I'm talking about. @Hurracanes has been super positive all along, but hasn't specifically hyped any one recruit IIRC, and has been fair and balanced on where we're at. He knows more but also knows this is an all out knife fight in the trenches, and Mario's guys will have both wins and losses.

It's just unrealistic to say we're a lock for a guy like Scott or Breland, or talking about the 6-8 High 4 / 5 stars along the DL we're targeting and claiming we'll get most of them. Even if we get 2 out of 8, that's 2 more than any of our past 5 head coaches would have gotten. The key is trusting that Mario will have a Plan 1B, a Plan B1 and a Plan B2.

Let's say we end up with the #7-10 class, for example. That's still almost certainly the #1 or #2 class in the ACC. I expect Bama, Taint, Georgia, USC and A2M to be in or just out of the Top 5. We're right there with Oklahoma, LSU, Clemson, Texas, Notre Dame, Michigan fighting it out for Tier 2. Maybe a UF, FSU, UTN or PSU sneaks in. But we're definitely in the middle of the pack among a 12-team playoff grouping in terms of talent acquisition. When's the last time we could say that we have the talent to win on the big stage? Maybe once or twice in 20 years.

Aka fire Mario if he doesn't sign him, got it
Talking Episode 7 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Unless man are just str8 up lying, that DL hype came from somewhere. Wiltfong, Gaby, Geo, even D$ somewhat had variations of it. Only thing is i didnt expect the fantasy we got everybody. But something or someone was pushing the Justin Scott and Dylan Stewart, Miami in great position train. I appreciate evreryone who brings information that they have and i dont just flip on man if it turns out incorrect. But there has to be some reason they had all these guys OV'd together.

I dont think we are losing everyone or getting everyone. It prolly somewhere in the middle then when the season happens we can reassess

With Rushing off the board, I’d assume this one is about to really heat up

Advertisement
When I was in the Marines we met some girls in Riverside at a place called the Metro.
We get back to the barracks and find out they lived of all places: Compton.
They were Mexican chicks and we were Hispanics from different countries.
We didn’t know sht about LA and we thought they were lying cause we thought Compton was all black. My boy actually married one of them.
Sure enough they lived real close to one of those concrete signs in the median that says “welcome”.
Anyhow, they really broke it down about how much things changed. Especially the aunts and uncles. They said Compton was mostly white in the 60’s and when black families started moving in (middle class black people) it scared the sht of the white home owners and real estate agents spread the fear of homes losing value. They said that was the cause of the property value drop and Compton became a place for renters instead of owners.
Then the businesses started moving out.

He said it took about 5 years but then Compton became mostly black with a few small pockets of Mexicans and even whites. But it was still a very nice place to live in the 70’s and crime was low despite the gangs.
It wasn’t the projects. It was single family homes with yards and bbq and birthday parties according to them.

But crack devastated the place and like you said it still hasn’t fully recovered.
This happened a lot in many black suburbs that were mostly middle class working black families.
Crack was and still is a mfing nightmare in the community.
The Bush family is from Compton. So this is definitely accurate regarding Compton in the 60s.

Liberty City in the 50-60s was a great area too. You were proud to say you lived there. They had a “downtown” that was the place to be because we couldn’t go to south beach. That was a long time ago unfortunately.

The Bush family is from Compton. So this is definitely accurate regarding Compton in the 60s.

Liberty City in the 50-60s was a great area too. You were proud to say you lived there. They had a “downtown” that was the place to be because we couldn’t go to south beach. That was a long time ago unfortunately.
Where was Downtown Liberty City located - between which streets/cross streets?

Advertisement
When I was in the Marines we met some girls in Riverside at a place called the Metro.
We get back to the barracks and find out they lived of all places: Compton.
They were Mexican chicks and we were Hispanics from different countries.
We didn’t know sht about LA and we thought they were lying cause we thought Compton was all black. My boy actually married one of them.
Sure enough they lived real close to one of those concrete signs in the median that says “welcome”.
Anyhow, they really broke it down about how much things changed. Especially the aunts and uncles. They said Compton was mostly white in the 60’s and when black families started moving in (middle class black people) it scared the sht of the white home owners and real estate agents spread the fear of homes losing value. They said that was the cause of the property value drop and Compton became a place for renters instead of owners.
Then the businesses started moving out.

He said it took about 5 years but then Compton became mostly black with a few small pockets of Mexicans and even whites. But it was still a very nice place to live in the 70’s and crime was low despite the gangs.
It wasn’t the projects. It was single family homes with yards and bbq and birthday parties according to them.

But crack devastated the place and like you said it still hasn’t fully recovered.
This happened a lot in many black suburbs that were mostly middle class working black families.
Crack was and still is a mfing nightmare in the community.
Good ole blockbusting.. scare people and buy cheap then turn around and profit..

Advertisement
Rushing was never a realistic option. Get that outta your heads boiz lol I also would put a grain of salt on that Stewart nugget. He is OSU bound.

Advertisement
It is. Imagine going head to head vs. a back to back championship program after a 5-7 season. Not many coaches would even be in this position, let alone win it. Let’s let this play out.
UGA just had their 5th D-line guy commit (although I think one is probably closer to an edge as of right now), top 40 player. We have to hammer away at the fact that he can immediately slide in the two-deep.

Franklin is very realistic. Breland not as much. Today I’d say UGA Vs UM but Franklin , Jackson and Jones are safer bets if I had to lay down money. Regardless I think we have a very good DL class but not the wet dream certain people sold because they want clicks and subs.
I hear people tell me Breland might be the best DL of all. people I trust are VERY high on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back